The two new maps are......

Comments

• xKusagamix
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh how the table has turned when Battlefield game focus on smaller modes while new Call of Duty game is confirmed to have 100+ players game mode.
    Amazing, DICE and EA, simply amazing.
  • VincentNZ
    2674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The new skin really inspired me to construct a Mermen-Deck in Magic: Arena. I even won two rounds. Thank you DICE!
  • ElliotLH
    8165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    robmcewen said:
    I've watched Jackfrags and Westies videos and both don't seem impressed with the maps and flakfires intro to he's gameplay footage he sounds really bored.
    Yeah Jack sounded bummed out through most of it.  Most of us buy battlefield for conquest and rush.  Rest of the game modes could hit the road for all I care.
    I've just finished watching a Brokenmachine video of it. He says he's keeping his extended thoughts on them for a later date, which doesn't sound all that positive. 
  • zenn_nme
    800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 22
    Atleast the music at the office is appropriate... :*

• barnesalmighty2
    1476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I've just finished watching a Brokenmachine video of it. He says he's keeping his extended thoughts on them for a later date, which doesn't sound all that positive. 

Nah its so he doesn't have to backtrack like those other youtubers have had to so often in BFV.
  • ElliotLH
    8165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Nah its so he doesn't have to backtrack like those other youtubers have had to so often in BFV.

I didn't consider that actually. Good point.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Its been quite funny watching them praise things that the community hates then backtracking and siding with the forums. It shows exactly what those types are.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • Cropulus
    258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Its been quite funny watching them praise things that the community hates then backtracking and siding with the forums. It shows exactly what those types are.
    Orrr, consider this, he is worried that DICE will not invite him anymore if he shares his actual thoughts on the maps. It could just also be that the so called community influencers are not really a good representation on how maps will be played when the map actually go live. I remember when they showed Marita while the influencers were playing it, they did not have the gazillion bush campers with MMG's playing the map. 

I am very happy and sad about the message that they will not pursue the 5v5 competitive mode. Happy that they will not invest more time in something the community did not want, but sad how much time is wasted with developing maps they cannot use for breakthrough, frontlines and conquest. Why do not they just focus on what the community loves and give us some more maps. 
  • ElliotLH
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

Sounds like a good decision to me.
  • VincentNZ
    2674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Ah nonsense! What is competitive play in BF? There is no scene in BFV and it can not be played competitively. What features are they going to include? Private games? So that people can play a highly bastardized version of the game with 4vs4 and half the arsenal and all vehicles banned? And that is called competitive?
    What else will they do? Hold tournaments, give out prizes? Make a ladder system or special competitive servers where you will get ranked? Nah, that is just PR-talk. We might get private servers with custom rules, but nothing beyond that.
  • Noodlesocks
    2757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sucks that the new maps are only for small modes. With Al Soondan being a long way away still, those small modes are going to have the most content in the game. I would really hope they take the time to adapt these two new maps for other, larger game modes because somehow they managed to make new content look boring.
  • OskooI_007
    708 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE finally gave an update on Al Soondan. They're hoping to roll it out with the 4.6 update in September.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/battlefield-v-update-ryan-mcarthur

I wonder if Call of Duty coming out with 50v50 and DICE deciding to then scrap 5v5 is really a coincidence. :smirk:
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 22
    DICE finally gave an update on Al Soondan. They're hoping to roll it out with the 4.6 update in September.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/battlefield-v-update-ryan-mcarthur

I wonder if Call of Duty coming out with 50v50 and DICE deciding to then scrap 5v5 is really a coincidence. :smirk:
    Never mind I mention in the Al Sundan thread.  This tweet.

Said graphical error.  I mentioned over there we get conquest or not. It seems if its in the patch we get it.  I just wasn't sure in the other thread if the graphical errors were on the small modes as well.  But a map next month would be nice besides the RSP.  Then Under Ground early October.  Besides Iwo Jima and maybe another map before 2020.  Hard to say cause I thought the road map had 3 more maps after Under Ground.  Unless they include that.  But with Al Sundan delayed it gets kinda confusing.

• OskooI_007
    708 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA wrote:
    We will then turn our attention to the Pacific, the return to Iwo Jima, and two more locations that you’ll deploy on this side of the holidays. This is going to be a huge update for us, with new weapons, vehicles, factions, and visuals supporting the new maps coming with this Chapter.

Sounds like 3 Pacific maps to me.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    So 3 more maps after Operation Underground all before 2020.  That's pretty cool.  Besides "maybe" Al Sundan in patch 4.6 in September with RSP.  So 5 maps we don't have yet, besides the two little maps next week.
  • doctorrocktor
    1798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thank god 5v5 was scrapped,it just doesn't belong in bf.
  • johnkapa1
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thank god 5v5 was scrapped,it just doesn't belong in bf.
    Shoulda never been a thought.
  • johnkapa1
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA wrote:
    We will then turn our attention to the Pacific, the return to Iwo Jima, and two more locations that you’ll deploy on this side of the holidays. This is going to be a huge update for us, with new weapons, vehicles, factions, and visuals supporting the new maps coming with this Chapter.

Sounds like 3 Pacific maps to me.
    When they said on this side of the holiday do they mean before thanksgiving or Christmas?