Weekly BF

This Week in Battlefield V - August 19th Edition - Gamescom

Comments

• DrSargeX
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    New ranks?????
  • CrashCA
    1059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What has happened to BF's epic Conquest maps ?
  • SICIOUS
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is the love affair with this game and Norway? New maps seem to cater towards smaller game modes. In terms of atmosphere and immersion this is the worst WW2 game I have ever played. Maps are all underwhelming. I have always bought the game for the 64 player full scale war experience. Why are you getting away from this?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1970 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA said:
    What has happened to BF's epic Conquest maps ?
    Actually what happened to DICE?  Well I think they all retired after Bad Company 2 cause it was a master piece.  They knew they couldn't top it.  My hat is off to them!
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So, no 5v5 but still pursuing plans for competitive BFV. You guys have an identity crisis and need a reality check. I get that you want a Fortnite competitor where you can rake in the MTX dollarinos, or want to create the next eSports monster but my advice is to go and do that in a new property. Trying to jam it into BFV is a shortcut that is never going to work and simply results in a sub-par product which is neither a competitive game nor a good Battlefield experience.

Don't keep throwing good money after bad on this.

Additionally, and I expect this will get edited, how do you envisage a competitive mode even being possible with the vast extent of "enhanced" game play that is occurring on PC and which has spread like a cancer from one particular region to all regions now?

I can also read between the line on another topic. Player movement with it's total lack of momentum and weight is terrible and you've never mentioned whether there was an intent to change this. Then the other day you posted that you would be improving and enhancing the sliding mechanic. I guess that's all the info we needed to understand that you want a Titanfall style movement system to make the game exciting for a certain demographic of the player base. That's really disappointing.

Ultimately, I'm just really sad that the opportunity to play a great WW2 game is now obviously beyond reach. With the end of year game releases looming and the sheer volume of items needed to be worked on for BFV I can't foresee a time when this game will ever reach its potential.
  • HugoPlayNow
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One thing I never understood.  There's always either a WW1, WW2, or Modern Warfare game, but I have never seen a Vietnam era game.  

Is it for political reasons?  A War the US didn't win?  I really don't know why it's been avoided.  Too soon? It's been 50 years...
  • oudx02
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I want more chaos more vehicle etc..its war , u feel me ? Thank to god its removed
  • Noodlesocks
    3065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One thing I never understood.  There's always either a WW1, WW2, or Modern Warfare game, but I have never seen a Vietnam era game.  

Is it for political reasons?  A War the US didn't win?  I really don't know why it's been avoided.  Too soon? It's been 50 years...
    There was an entire Battlefield game and a DLC dedicated to Vietnam. As for more recent titles there's Rising Storm 2. Still, I wouldn't mind if the next Battlefield went back to Vietnam if not a new modern warfare game.
  • FoxFerocity
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is great that they came out with a letter!! That is very positive news tho, as they admit the state of the game and they are telling us clearly that they care about the game and that they want to improve! I think it is good that they cancel 5v5! It is better that they focus on the quality of the game modes and maps they have now!

Maybe i am the only one who sees this as positive, but we got to be patience! “The earlier you admit to your mistakes, the more time you would have to learn and grow from them.”
    From this point, the only way we can go from here is up!

• HugoPlayNow
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Which battlefield had a Vietnam era game?  I thought I knew all the Battlefields...Guess I don't!
  • VOLBANKER
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Letters from the Front is a superb initiative. Good job, DICE
  • THECOMMANDER66
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can you also cancel all future mermaid skins, to include my lil pony, she ra, or any other such sissy nonsense that we KNOW a few of your ponytailed devs are sitting around giggling about?
  • HugoPlayNow
    No mermaid skins?!?!  

I'm out!

Unless we get pink tanks that shoot glitter!   :D
  • oudx02
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No mermaid skins?!?!  

I'm out!

Unless we get pink tanks that shoot glitter!   :D

Have they canselled that ugly skin ?
  • CrashCA
    1059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFBC2 had a Vietnam addon
  • doctorrocktor
    1824 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Which battlefield had a Vietnam era game?  I thought I knew all the Battlefields...Guess I don't!
    There was a full title bf Vietnam game,and bc2 had a Vietnam addon.look it up on YouTube,bf Vietnam was really good,although to this day bf 1942 was my favourite.
  • Noodlesocks
    3065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield Vietnam. Was a pretty fun game with a lot of unique features that never reappeared in the series.
  • Giants94a
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And the update for the level cap to 500? Where is?
  • CrashCA
    Cap increase is "sometime" next month
  • ElliotLH
    8571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA said:
    Cap increase is "sometime" next month
    Further proof that the roadmap should not be trusted.