Weekly Debrief

Battlefield V PC Player's Performance guide

Comments

• MsieurLeodagan
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I test with other cpu : I7 9700K. The same problems....I prefer to return bf4.
    Technically BF4 is finished. Stop with Dice and spiel.
  • Binkportugal
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ENJOY
  • Monichainchanhi
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It seems after returning to the game it remains the most exclusive video game requiring only the most up to date processors that didn't exist when the game was released. Month after month the only answer anyone has for this ugly game is throw money at it.

I'm still searching for what exactly is using the cpu so much. It isn't the destruction because everything either isn't affected by explosives, or has already been destroyed. Very exciting, very "Battlefield".
  • TFBisquit
    1714 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know people's PC settings, I also don't know people's bios settings.
    I do know I needed to configure my 9900k properly or else it would overheat quick.
    Setting all the power values, toning down avx a little bit.
    I have 48x for CPU, and avx 1 offset. Which is 47x. The game constantly Hoover's from 4700 to 4800Mhz. Also vcore usage for non avx is lower than with avx.
    So you can see that if it's set too low, it might survive on the non avx part, but get into trouble a tiny bit on the avx part. Vdroop plays a part in that.
    Anyway, i7 2600k and gtx1080 produced around 100fps at 1080p and 1440p. Some dips but never below 70fps.
    The 9900k does 160 to 200 fps at 1080p with low settings. At 1440p it's between 125 and 140 fps.
    On both cpu's it's never above 85% while the 9900k ofcourse is less used. That's dx12 because dx11 uses the GPU more than in dx12. Dx12 does seems to hammer the CPU more.
    Anyway, I suggest people invest some time in overclocking, at least some readup. A pc does not operate in the same way as a console.
    It's not plug and play.
  • Wboson
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, ppls PCs are the culprit. Strangely enough just fired up Apex Legends with exactly the same PC, tweaked High settings and the game play was FLUID, not only stable FPS but FLUID.
    And then there´s BFV, all settings LOW and it still stutters like hell, so that after an gaming session my eyes literally hurt.
    I just couldn´t believe how smoothly a 60+ player game can run coming from BFV. Too bad BFV has the game play mechanic which suits me better.
    Waiting for the patch to reinstall the game, maybe they´ll pull the rabbit out of the hat, but I hardly doubt.
  • MsieurLeodagan
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE :

"Our next game update, 4.4, contains fixes for stuttering issues, desyncs seen on hitboxes, as well as some tweaks to the Commorose. The next few updates will improve game stability...."

However, some players continue to say and  to give lessons: "no problems, no stuttering there is nothing"
  • pathfinderemeu
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi. I just want to play bfv at 120FPS+, but my 1070Ti can't pass the 70% mark of usage.

Aready tried DX12 FFR OFF and ON. The game freezes like hell in inicial minutes of gameplay and transitions (death, spawning, etc). And the problem was not fixed. The GPU Usage still the same.

DX11 FFR OFF = 50/45% of Usage, when enabled goes to 60/70% at max.

Seeing some videos in youtube and some people with the same rig are playing normally. Got a I7-7700 and 16GB ram.

Obviously this cap at of potential of my 1070ti is happening only in this game. pls need help

• WhiteMarty
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE :

"Our next game update, 4.4, contains fixes for stuttering issues, desyncs seen on hitboxes, as well as some tweaks to the Commorose. The next few updates will improve game stability...."

However, some players continue to say and  to give lessons: "no problems, no stuttering there is nothing"

Yeah this patch made game go from stable 60 fps to 12 fps anytime there more than 3 players around .. thx so much for fixing not broken..
  • MsieurLeodagan
    Stuttering : unsolved problem... Squad conquest always unplayable for me. After changing cpu (I5 9600K---->I7 9700K), installaing sound card Asus (no chipset Realtek), changing PSU
  • Zby_PL
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After latest patch 4.4 on every servers ping is very high 150 - 200 ms. Please fix this !
  • Draxonfly
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 8
    Those with Stuttering still try this:

Quit Origin completely (check task manager it is completely off)
    Go into your C:\ProgramData\Origin folder.
    Delete all 'folders' in there except the 'local content' folder (delete all files except local content).
    Empty your recycle bin (get rid of those file completely)
    Restart Origin.

This will clear the Origin cache, and remove out of date files that may be interfering with the smooth running of the game.
    Post edited by Draxonfly on
  • Wboson
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Installed my new RX5700XT and it was idling at 40-50% of GPU usage. Turned on Future Frame Rendering and voila FPS increased by 2x and GPU usage also. And the thing is, everything else is the same and with Fury X it Future Frame rendering didnt help. Also turned in AMD Anti-Lag and it seemed to counterbalance the input lag from FFR. Really nice combo.
  • zexterc
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 11
    I using ryzen 5 1600 gpu Nvidia gtx 970 ram 12 Gb, with the latest patch update got some improvement that less stuttering and smooth ( but not 100% ) sometime what I facing is they are still got unstable fps and some lag occur in game, Dev team gonna improve your game performance month by month
  • TFBisquit
    1714 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The stutters are from the servers.
    I never had them with p8z68 board and 2600k, never with z390 and 9900k either.
    But then there is the occasional evening where it’s a constant microstutter. Nothing helps, nothing fixes it, only playing the next day, then it’s fixed and back to no micro stutters.
    It’s the connection to the servers, and why they are borked after last patch which shows high latencies across the board.
    There are fundamental problems with this game, and patches that do improve things, make them obvious, resulting in more problems.
  • Beukiiie
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    after downloading a 40 GB (!) patch the game still stutters, lags, and freezes. 

i feel like this is not going to be fixed, ever. 

the fact that after 10 (!) months this game still isn't decently playable says enough. 
    3th party software might do the trick, but be honest.. thats a freaking shame for such a big company..

that being said, i still love the BF franchinse, and i keep playing with stutters and all.. 
    sad to say it has become part of the game. 
    doesnt mean it ist a great game.
  • Rocketeer599
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i finaly bought a battlefield title on pc, i owned bad company 2 and onwards on vairious consoles, anything i should expect on pc?
  • Bennfire
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hi. There are problems that should be fixed and are not in process in the "TRELLO BROAD" and are the following:
    * Stuttering,
    * Client server desynchronization and viceversa,
    * The horrible netcode continues, hit-registration is sometimes totally off / not working at all (unload bullets in enemies without any damage),
    * Since the last update there is a notable drop in performance.

• duendemago
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Eventhough you can find very useful an good information in the answers above mine, let me tell you that the map you are having issues is know for performing pretty bad. I can get easily 144fps at the freezing mountains map (can't remember its name) and in some other maps, and going from that to 80fps or less in Rotterdam. How is that a smaller map causes so many frame drops in the same rig? Is the map bad optimized? Is the map consuming to much CPU power? My 2060 uses a maximum of 70% of this game even in ultra. The problem with this game, no matter what they tell you, is that this game is poorly optimized for CPU's and Dice knows it! The proof is that in patch 4.4 the fix the CPU usage by alot and you can see the difference in frames. They know that they have SERVER ISSUES which implies NETCODE issues so they promised they will try to fix that in 4.6. My guess is that this game won't have its 100% good performance until some couple or 3 more patches.

• MsieurLeodagan
    Now I have crash in game : freeze and back windows. My first crash.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1485 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, I have an overclocked [email protected]/4600 and a Vega 56 1650/910 with a 1440p 144hz screen.

The moment the gpu is not the limiting factor this game runs like crap, so I run with resolution scaling 125, most settings at ultra and usually around 100-120fps. With the new ris setting the game actually looks fantastic and visibility is cleaned up a lot.

So do not ever let the gpu drop in usage, it will stutter like a ****...if the cpu is limiting you, just crank those gpu settings up!