Weekly Debrief

Its better to limit snipers on each map

Comments

• ragnarok013
    3351 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    sorry anymore I hear how many people crying Jesus Christ
    SC_Recruta keep your posts constructive and on topic.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 22
    I'm for even more snipers, but only on the opposing team because I want to win the match.  They are pests as opponents, but easy enough to avoid with cover.  However, I find in frustrating when they are on my team and we have a significant flag deficit and they just camp far outside the burn and pad K:D while happily losing.  If we owned every flag, I would have zero problems with my entire team being snipers.

I enjoy playing as a sniper occasionally, but when the team obviously needs to assault an objective, I switch to any of the classes to swing the battle.  I only play conquest, and I play to win - DeathMatch is designed mode for K:D, instead of snipers easily farming kills while the opposing team expose themselves assaulting the objective.

I wish we had the data to prove it, but anecdotally my findings are that there as sniper team members increase, team wins decrease.  Anybody else find that to be true?
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There’s no data I suppose.
    But generally snipers have always hung around on objectiveless vantage points in every edition of BF I’ve played. And the more of them doing this the easier it is to win.... though if you have a similar number of guys doing the same thing then it’s balanced out.

But I’ve not noticed a significant difference in sniper volume, it’s less of an issue than in BF1 or 4. Sniping was much easier in them so more people did it.
    Spawn beacon.
    Parachuting and choppers.
    Tugs.
    Claymores.
    OHK sniper rifles.
    Some maps were saturated with snipers.

BF5 it’s only really Aerodrome which is a sniper frenzy.
  • filthmcnasty
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm for even more snipers, but only on the opposing team because I want to win the match.  They are pests as opponents, but easy enough to avoid with cover.  However, I find in frustrating when they are on my team and we have a significant flag deficit and they just camp far outside the burn and pad K:D while happily losing.  If we owned every flag, I would have zero problems with my entire team being snipers.

I enjoy playing as a sniper occasionally, but when the team obviously needs to assault an objective, I switch to any of the classes to swing the battle.  I only play conquest, and I play to win - DeathMatch is designed mode for K:D, instead of snipers easily farming kills while the opposing team expose themselves assaulting the objective.

I wish we had the data to prove it, but anecdotally my findings are that there as sniper team members increase, team wins decrease.  Anybody else find that to be true?

On breakthrough it's pretty much a auto loss. Has been since BF1 back when it was called operations. I look through the squad join menu and see 50% snipers i don't expect a win. At least in BF1 I could switch teams when I seen this. If they don't want to win I'm not playing with them
  • SlowOldWarrior
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 23
    There’s no data I suppose.
    But generally snipers have always hung around on objectiveless vantage points in every edition of BF I’ve played. And the more of them doing this the easier it is to win.... though if you have a similar number of guys doing the same thing then it’s balanced out.

But I’ve not noticed a significant difference in sniper volume, it’s less of an issue than in BF1 or 4. Sniping was much easier in them so more people did it.
    Spawn beacon.
    Parachuting and choppers.
    Tugs.
    Claymores.
    OHK sniper rifles.
    Some maps were saturated with snipers.

BF5 it’s only really Aerodrome which is a sniper frenzy.
    I agree that BF1 had much more of a sniper problem, and would counter that BF4 on occasion did, but the more difficult bullet drop mil-dot scope adjustment and the great breathing sway/breath hold/bipod dynamic limited their effectiveness.  

While I do die to snipers, that class probably accounts for the least of my deaths - I have little fear of them.  They may generate kills for my team, but they cannot kill people fast enough when we are bleeding points because we hold zero/few flags.  

However, I do think that they are an important tool for infiltration and establishing a forward spawn point to get troops past the front line.  The spotting scope was overpowered at launch, but even in it's current nerfed state it functions as a less effective flare, but ultimately more valuable because of the finite numbers and duration of flares vs. the spotting scope.

Unfortunately, neither of those very effective tactics are ever utilized by the vast majority of snipers.  Infiltrate?  Nope - most of them are on some high ground near their own spawn.  Spot?  Are you kidding?  Somebody might ruin their sweet head shot and steal their valuable kill, or a bomber might remove all of their potential targets.

Don't limit them, or nerf their bullets - instead, bring back the difficulty in BF 3/4.  They had to determine distance, adjust hold over and lateral lead, and then hold their breath or bipod up to make the shot.  They used to hill hump to control sway, now it's so easy to control sway, they don't even have to lay down and risk the counter snipe head shot.  They just stand like lollipops if there is no bush to hide.

The overwhelming majority are literally playing a different game than the rest of the team - an individual kill based game instead of a team objective based game.
  • filthmcnasty
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I agree that BF1 had much more of a sniper problem, and would counter that BF4 on occasion did, but the more difficult bullet drop mil-dot scope adjustment and the great breathing sway/breath hold/bipod dynamic limited their effectiveness.  

While I do die to snipers, that class probably accounts for the least of my deaths - I have little fear of them.  They may generate kills for my team, but they cannot kill people fast enough when we are bleeding points because we hold zero/few flags.  

However, I do think that they are an important tool for infiltration and establishing a forward spawn point to get troops past the front line.  The spotting scope was overpowered at launch, but even in it's current nerfed state it functions as a less effective flare, but ultimately more valuable because of the finite numbers and duration of flares vs. the spotting scope.

Unfortunately, neither of those very effective tactics are ever utilized by the vast majority of snipers.  Infiltrate?  Nope - most of them are on some high ground near their own spawn.  Spot?  Are you kidding?  Somebody might ruin their sweet head shot and steal their valuable kill, or a bomber might remove all of their potential targets.

Don't limit them, or nerf their bullets - instead, bring back the difficulty in BF 3/4.  They had to determine distance, adjust hold over and lateral lead, and then hold their breath or bipod up to make the shot.  They used to hill hump to control sway, now it's so easy to control sway, they don't even have to lay down and risk the counter snipe head shot.  They just stand like lollipops if there is no bush to hide.

The overwhelming majority are literally playing a different game than the rest of the team - an individual kill based game instead of a team objective based game.

Said brilliantly
  • Zviko0
    1670 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    Funny. Let’s limit bombers too. They don’t cap enough flags.
    Let’s limit dynamite. Did it. Just cut it completely.
    Scrap all scopes. Iron sights only. It’s WW2 after all.

And bunny hopping. No jumping while under fire. Or going prone.
    In fact when being shot shooting back with a more efficient weapon should be banned.

Let’s scrap classes. They all have advantages in special situations that hurt the feelings of some players. Let’s all only have bolt action iron sight rifles and a bayonet. 1 Grenade....

Jesus. Whine all you want. BF3 recon, BF4 Recon, BFH recon, BF1 recon, BFV recon... they all ways do the same. Some sit back and snipe others get up close and spot. This is the hands down weakest least sniper friendly BF ever. If you personally are getting monstered by snipers from far away.... sorry, as some one who sniped for days to finish that freaking gold assignment, you guys must be making it REALLY easy for them as it’s the worst time for sniping. Try not standing still, or trying to run across 50 meters of open ground.... abuse smoke use cover.

The only time, personally, I’m killed by snipers more than anything else is when I’m also playing sniper.
    As support, medic or assault it is assaults that kill you most off all. They have the laser beam guns and rapid fire market.

And yeah. As in every BF game, no it’s not worse don’t try and claim it is your either lying or never played... but in every game there were always useless team members of every class that failed miserably.

Medics that don’t equip any health or revive gear, or have it but don’t revive.
    Assaults don’t defend objects and run about like headless chickens playing call of duty.
    Supports that don’t have ammo, or do but don’t give it out, or sat on mortars spamming rounds into choke points, who don’t repair.
    And yes recons who don’t spot, put the beacon in a crap place or hide on a mountain top trying to get headshots that are way above their skill level.
    Entire teams that stand by and let their tank get swarmed or solo’d then only shoot the assault (s) after.
    Every bf you play you get the same types.

Part of the game. Some times your team is made up entirely of Rambo assaults and mountain goat snipers. Sometimes it’s the enemy. Sometimes you get those magic squads of randoms that all know what they are doing even without a mic and it all comes together.

/thread
  • talhaONE
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This thread is a joke.
  • oudx02
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE wrote: »
    This thread is a joke.

Lol because u are one of those who 200m away from the capture point and aim with your boys at rifle,
  • barnesalmighty2
    1568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oudx02 wrote: »
    talhaONE wrote: »
    This thread is a joke.

Lol because u are one of those who 200m away from the capture point and aim with your boys at rifle,

The boys only works 100m away.... Beyond that it's pure crap.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • StealthAria
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You know, I'm one of those guys that sits miles from the objective and snipes, the ones you're griping about, but you know what? That MG that's been mowing you guys down for the past several seconds, you know why he stopped shooting? I took him out, along with his medic buddy and the 3 MMGs that were set up to mow you down when you made the push. And hey, you've got a squad coming up on your flank.

Don't go whining we don't PTFO when we create the perfect opportunities for you and you squander them to farm a few extra kills.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Let people play casualfield the way they want.
    I wish they had "tryhard servers" so we wouldn't have to endure these complaints, lol.
  • mf_shro0m
    1752 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let people play casualfield the way they want.
    I wish they had "tryhard servers" so we wouldn't have to endure these complaints, lol.

I’m against that if it means compromising the experience of everyone else has
  • SlowOldWarrior
    edited August 24
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Then you sir, are awesome!  And that is not sarcasm, I want you as a sniper on my team.  Quick question, what percentage of snipers in your BF5 experience play the role as you?
  • SlowOldWarrior
    You know, I'm one of those guys that sits miles from the objective and snipes, the ones you're griping about, but you know what? That MG that's been mowing you guys down for the past several seconds, you know why he stopped shooting? I took him out, along with his medic buddy and the 3 MMGs that were set up to mow you down when you made the push. And hey, you've got a squad coming up on your flank.

Don't go whining we don't PTFO when we create the perfect opportunities for you and you squander them to farm a few extra kills.
    Cool, I think that can be helpful as I have been mowed down by many MMGs in a kill zone.  Do you ever change classes based upon the team needs to breakout?

It is also possible to sit miles from an objective near the enemies spawn and also provide a forward spawn point.

Do you believe that it helpful for a team win to sit miles away from a flag on your own spawn when your team owns zero/few flags and half of your team are already snipers?  If so, I do not want you as a sniper on my team.
  • StealthAria
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Cool, I think that can be helpful as I have been mowed down by many MMGs in a kill zone.  Do you ever change classes based upon the team needs to breakout?

It is also possible to sit miles from an objective near the enemies spawn and also provide a forward spawn point.

Do you believe that it helpful for a team win to sit miles away from a flag on your own spawn when your team owns zero/few flags and half of your team are already snipers?  If so, I do not want you as a sniper on my team.

Aye, that's why half my playtime is as Support. Team gets themselves screwed over because they'd rather farm kills than cap objectives, I flip to my Lewis or M1922 and start shredding the enemy team from their flank so my team can push through. Rarely helps though, teams that force me to switch like that never push in to take the objective unless they need to to farm kills.

You know what would fix these complaints? Stop letting kills bleed tickets. Don't give idiots the idea they could potentially win just by out killing the bleed.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Aye, that's why half my playtime is as Support. Team gets themselves screwed over because they'd rather farm kills than cap objectives, I flip to my Lewis or M1922 and start shredding the enemy team from their flank so my team can push through. Rarely helps though, teams that force me to switch like that never push in to take the objective unless they need to to farm kills.

You know what would fix these complaints? Stop letting kills bleed tickets. Don't give idiots the idea they could potentially win just by out killing the bleed.

Didn't they try that in BF1 and the forums were not happy with it.
  • g0merpile
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    oudx02 said:
    People just not play the objectives..they prefer not to ruind their k/D...

Stop suggesting stupid strategies. Growup and fight.
  • StealthAria
    (Quote)

Didn't they try that in BF1 and the forums were not happy with it.

The only ones that were upset were the ones that think farming kills is PTFO, and a lot of them were only upset because a few YouTubers didn't like that it hurt their W/L when they focused on padding their K/D. They made the changes before the majority of the community had a chance to weigh in on the matter.