I wish infantry only maps and the other maps were separate rotations

Hawxxeye
5369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
There are people who for some reason dislike dealing with vehicles and would be happy there.
Meanwhile I am one of the people whom if you ask "What is battlefield without vehicles?" I will say back to you " CoD with more bugs and less frames per sec (and worse visibility)"

Comments

• MrCamp121
    525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 24
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    There are people who for some reason dislike dealing with vehicles and would be happy there..Meanwhile I am one of the people whom if you ask "What is battlefield without vehicles?" I will say back to you " CoD with more bugs and less frames per sec (and worse visibility)"

No need. Domination was fine lol then they got rid of that to annoy those players
    Then proceed to make small maps to **** off the rest. Dunno what their logic is
    Post edited by MrCamp121 on
  • Hawxxeye
    5369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:
    There are people who for some reason dislike dealing with vehicles and would be happy there..Meanwhile I am one of the people whom if you ask "What is battlefield without vehicles?" I will say back to you " CoD with more bugs and less frames per sec (and worse visibility)"

No need. Domination was fine lol then they got rid of that to those players
    Then proceed to make small maps to **** off the rest. Dunno what their logic is
    They say CQ is 5 times as popular as the second popular mode. Because of that I guess they basically put domination inside the CQ rotation in the form of those small infantry maps
  • Zviko0
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Or stop making infantry only maps. 

Bombastic Fantastic was the best rotation ever. Every map had both tanks and planes. This is Battlefield. That's what most of us want. That rotation made me play the game again every single day for couple of hours. Last time that happened was in January.
  • MrCamp121
    525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    They say CQ is 5 times as popular as the second popular mode. Because of that I guess they basically put domination inside the CQ rotation in the form of those small infantry maps

I dont trust anything they say tbh. Conquest in 5 is extremely boring imo. Zerg or die lol
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RSP should fix map rotations pretty quickly.  Besides they said we have all game modes to pick from.  Including the old temporary ones.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    RSP should fix map rotations pretty quickly.  Besides they said we have all game modes to pick from.  Including the old temporary ones.

This is dice though so expect some catastrophic failure at launch. Or a massive let down.
  • ChickenTheTank
    269 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Which is dumb. Conquest was good in BF4, but it hasn't been the best mode in a BF game for a long time. I just don't super like the layouts in conquest for the last couple games.

Rush, and now Breakthrough offer similar, and easy more structured gameplay. If DICE would figure out how to get rid of the ring-around-the-rosie conquest would be great again.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Which is dumb. Conquest was good in BF4, but it hasn't been the best mode in a BF game for a long time. I just don't super like the layouts in conquest for the last couple games.

Rush, and now Breakthrough offer similar, and easy more structured gameplay. If DICE would figure out how to get rid of the ring-around-the-rosie conquest would be great again.

I have a suggestion for that, no more ticket bleed from kills or capturing flags. Instead to score some ticket loss you would be required to capture and hold a flag for 3 minutes solid. After the three minutes flags would reset to neutral to be recapped again. It is about the only thing I can think of to prevent mindlessly running around in circles.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

This is dice though so expect some catastrophic failure at launch. Or a massive let down.
    Still free is nice.  If it bombs then we go back to official servers then.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't even see why this is such a hot topic these days, battlefield used to cater to all tastes but now it doesn't.

Blame dice for gutting out game modes forcing people that don't like vehicles and CQ into those modes. Until we get rush and domination back you can expect much more infantry focus.

And the old line go play COD used to work when battlefield had a huge player base not any more. More players will quit to whatever game and more modes will be cut to hide the problem. Which will again result in maps trying to cater to everyone but in reality please very few.

That's how I see it anyway.

Agreed
  • ChickenTheTank
    (Quote)

I have a suggestion for that, no more ticket bleed from kills or capturing flags. Instead to score some ticket loss you would be required to capture and hold a flag for 3 minutes solid. After the three minutes flags would reset to neutral to be recapped again. It is about the only thing I can think of to prevent mindlessly running around in circles.

Well, I don't know if anyone remembers the old bf games, but they didn't all used to have flag layouts that would facilitate the circle-zerging. The flags and lanes just simply weren't placed to allow it. That's what we need again, instead of every map having a same 5-6 objective layout in the same couple patterns
  • Major_Pungspark
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think Fjell and Panzerstorm should be in a special rotation, because they are just bad and very few people seem to like them.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Combined arms is basically what makes battlefield special. If someone wants to play infantry only, he should switch to cod or something. I can't imagine how players can be so frustrated with vehicles, they refuse to play big open maps like Twisted Steel or Panzerstorn. Those are proper Bf maps compared to dumb things like Devastation.
    I just hope Dice realised such simple thing and create more maps with all kinds of combat involved. Infantry only sucks a major one. Unless it's a separate mode.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Combined arms is basically what makes battlefield special. If someone wants to play infantry only, he should switch to cod or something. I can't imagine how players can be so frustrated with vehicles, they refuse to play big open maps like Twisted Steel or Panzerstorn. Those are proper Bf maps compared to dumb things like Devastation.
    I just hope Dice realised such simple thing and create more maps with all kinds of combat involved. Infantry only sucks a major one. Unless it's a separate mode.

Right because what we need right now is for Dice to alienate even more players
  • ProAssassin2003
    3321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is areas on every map where you can have Infantry only fights. People liking Infantry only modes makes no sense to me.

You want Infantry only stay at certain objectives on Conquest.
  • ChickenTheTank

I dunno, Berlin was one of the most popular maps in 1942, and it was definitely super close quarters/ infantry focused. There would be like 20 players from each team attacking the same point a lot of the time.

It was a lot of fun too >.>
  • SirTerrible
    1693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Back in the day we had custom servers that fixed this issue. Want infantry only rotations? There's a server for that. Want big maps only? There's a server for that. Sigh. So many things are wrong with modern Battlefield.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »

Right because what we need right now is for Dice to alienate even more players

That's exactly what we need. DICE need to let the community know this is Battlefield not Infantry only maps and modes. This theory that Everyone should enjoy Battlefield has destroyed Battlefield and expecially BFV.

• Turban_Legend80
    4551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

You want Infantry only stay at certain objectives on Conquest.

Exactly. Defending objectives in BF4 was a great way to master weapons, and depending on the objective stay clear of pretty much all enemy vehicle engagements.