Weekly Debrief

Its better to limit snipers on each map

Comments

• xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game shouldn't have a sniper class at all. Not every FPS needs one. Should be limited to pick ups.
    Who in their right mind would actually think having no sniper class in a BATTLEFIELD game would be a good idea? I would legitimately not buy it if that were the case.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Noodlesocks said:
    Game shouldn't have a sniper class at all. Not every FPS needs one. Should be limited to pick ups.

This can get very problematic. BF4 had pickup weapons, and unfortunately, several players would wait near the weapon spawn so they can pick it up. In Hardcore, teammates would often kill each other to get the pickup weapon.

Such a system may have been done to limit snipers camping, but it just leads to a camping of a different sort.
    Don't forget the group that whined about Elites that part of the reason why we don't have pickups now.

A Sniper pickup should change gadgets too. Otherwise you could end up with unlimited health/ammo sniper.
    Elites and pickups were the worst addition in the battlefield franchise.
  • oudx02
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At least there is some kind of balance between snipers and mmgs lol both camp and chase eachother , the difference is that mmg play in objective more often
  • MsieurLeodagan
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 24
    Who in their right mind would actually think having no sniper class in a BATTLEFIELD game would be a good idea? I would legitimately not buy it if that were the case.
    Before bf1 on pc, the most popular servers were with sniper limit. The players could choose to play on server with sniper limit or server without limit.
    And on bf1 servers without sniper were also popular.
    On console I don't know.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Let's be honest too many of any class camping spawn and afraid to die a few times is annoying but it's really frustrating with recon as they are really powerful when pushing. Well placed spawn beacons and spotting flares are game changers, unfortunately you as likely to see a beacon 5 meters out of spawn than anywhere useful.
  • mf_shro0m
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    There’s no data I suppose.
    But generally snipers have always hung around on objectiveless vantage points in every edition of BF I’ve played. And the more of them doing this the easier it is to win.... though if you have a similar number of guys doing the same thing then it’s balanced out.

But I’ve not noticed a significant difference in sniper volume, it’s less of an issue than in BF1 or 4. Sniping was much easier in them so more people did it.
    Spawn beacon.
    Parachuting and choppers.
    Tugs.
    Claymores.
    OHK sniper rifles.
    Some maps were saturated with snipers.

BF5 it’s only really Aerodrome which is a sniper frenzy.

These last few months I’ve been splitting my BF time between BFI and BFV and ime BFV has more recons on average per map than BFI does. Why’s this?
    Well seeing as in BFV snipers are a lot weaker than they were in BFI so it’s clearly not really to do how strong snipers are.
    So why?
    Map design.

BFI had a lot more cover and verticality on maps. In BFI the forests were often too dense to effectively snipe through whereas in BFV the forests are a lot thinner. In BFI there were a lot more craters and most of the craters were deep and you could take cover in them. In BFV, snipers can often pick out some part of you even when you’re prone. In BFI you rarely had to traverse distances over 50m without any cover. In BFV, you often need to. I could go on
  • mf_shro0m
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think we need to limit assault players
    The majority in every match is assault.

That’s always been the case. What they need to is reduce the amount of explosives the average assault is carrying
  • mf_shro0m
    (Quote)

Agreed, that’d be ridiculous especially in a WWII game seeing as BAs were still commonplace back then
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13021 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    y_j_es_i said:
    (Quote)

Agreed, that’d be ridiculous especially in a WWII game seeing as BAs were still commonplace back then
    I'm right with you there.

I can only imagine what will happen if there were indeed a limit,  Players will just sit in the spawn screen waiting for the class to become available,  Leading to even FEWER players actually playing on a map.
  • mf_shro0m
    (Quote)

I can only imagine what will happen if there were indeed a limit,  Players will just sit in the spawn screen waiting for the class to become available,  Leading to even FEWER players actually playing on a map.

Haha truth

And realistically it wouldn’t even make the situation any better because the bulk of the camping recons would either pick up an MMG or an SAR instead and just go camp with those. Dice might as well straight up say to them
    “Look guys, we’ve had to limit the number of recons per team because recons camping was pissing everyone off. But, here’s a better sniper rifle and a tonne of explosives. Pick this and you’ll also heal better. Alternatively, here’s a 900-1200rpm gun with a 200 round mag that’s great for corner camping. Go enjoy yourselves and remember to buy some skins. 😁”
  • xXCA_RageXx
    Before bf1 on pc, the most popular servers were with sniper limit. The players could choose to play on server with sniper limit or server without limit.
    And on bf1 servers without sniper were also popular.
    On console I don't know.
    I wouldn't be surprised by that, seeing that the BF1 snipers were absurdly strong. This coming from a big sniper player who ran around with a bolt action like i was a normal infantryman. Having no sniper class in a battlefield gamer is still an silly suggestion.
  • AngrySquid270
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It sounds like I'm going to be in the minority on this but I don't think snipers are all that much of a problem.

They are decently well balanced and I'm not seeing quite as many as I had in past BF games.

Snipers are one thing I think DICE got right with BFV.
  • StormSaxon
    658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    There’s no data I suppose.
    But generally snipers have always hung around on objectiveless vantage points in every edition of BF I’ve played. And the more of them doing this the easier it is to win.... though if you have a similar number of guys doing the same thing then it’s balanced out.

But I’ve not noticed a significant difference in sniper volume, it’s less of an issue than in BF1 or 4. Sniping was much easier in them so more people did it.
    Spawn beacon.
    Parachuting and choppers.
    Tugs.
    Claymores.
    OHK sniper rifles.
    Some maps were saturated with snipers.

BF5 it’s only really Aerodrome which is a sniper frenzy.

These last few months I’ve been splitting my BF time between BFI and BFV and ime BFV has more recons on average per map than BFI does. Why’s this?
    Well seeing as in BFV snipers are a lot weaker than they were in BFI so it’s clearly not really to do how strong snipers are.
    So why?
    Map design.

BFI had a lot more cover and verticality on maps. In BFI the forests were often too dense to effectively snipe through whereas in BFV the forests are a lot thinner. In BFI there were a lot more craters and most of the craters were deep and you could take cover in them. In BFV, snipers can often pick out some part of you even when you’re prone. In BFI you rarely had to traverse distances over 50m without any cover. In BFV, you often need to. I could go on

Hmm. Debatable.
    You had
    Heligoland Blight... one of the worst maps ever made across the whole series. Hated that map with a passion.
    Caporetto, Galicia, Passchendale, Fao Fortress, Giants Shadow, Suez, Sinai, cape Helles...
    all of which were built as snipers playgrounds, with minimal to no cover over large areas.
    Pretty much every single one started at 30-40% snipers and increased as the game ground on and all the assaults and supports got fed up at being pinged from across the map and switched to sniper to take care of it.

Every game you’d have guys sniping in the exact same places.
    Cape Helles the Turks would have 2-4 snipers in the towers and 5-8 hill humping the entire game.
    British would have 3-5 snipers who wouldn’t leave the boat.

So I’d go the other way.
    BFV only really has Aerodrome which panders to snipers though there’s lots of cover for everyone.
    Fjell, Rotterdam, Arras, Narvik sure have some sniping sweet spots but they are nearly all flankable easy to hide from or destroyable. I think there is only 1 map for me in which recon is my no brainer default pick.
    BF1 I’d say 9-10 of the maps were made specifically for it, or without considering how powerful snipers were in that game.

• Major_Pungspark
    1465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i said:
    (Quote)

Or they could just autokick them, like they should have done with the wait in spawn for vehicles people ages ago.
  • Jeffmaxs6
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

People wanted the same for all BFs. In BF4 they cried useless snipers leaded the score board and got their marksmanship bonus points removed. Snipers weren't the problem, people that wanted to lead the score board and blame someone else for losing the game was. If you were a good player it didn't matter what class you were and if losing switching classes wouldn't make much of a difference. You can't win them all, unless you build strong squads. And there's the problem right there building squads in open games vs clan base servers. Or people quitting to join the winning team. A good mod to me is one that brakes up the clan and have them facing each other vs dominating the game. But, then they cry and quit. So yeah squad building should be more for clan servers playing against other clans, because to much organizing in a open server leads to domination. BFV now looks like the results from all the people crying and more of a run gun game with choke points. It's more of a DM game then a BF game. People use a lot of smoke, camp, so it's not even the ideal DM game. I'm ready for a new BF game, but with the direction they been going and the way people like to play doesn't give me much hope I'll like it. I use to get excited about new games, but that was ruined after BF4 came out after all the criers in BF3. BF6 should be a box with a wall with one door and make it 100 players. : /

• Major_Pungspark
    1465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jeffmaxs6 said:

People wanted the same for all BFs. In BF4 they cried useless snipers leaded the score board and got their marksmanship bonus points removed. Snipers weren't the problem, people that wanted to lead the score board and blame someone else for losing the game was. If you were a good player it didn't matter what class you were and if losing switching classes wouldn't make much of a difference. You can't win them all, unless you build strong squads. And there's the problem right there building squads in open games vs clan base servers. Or people quitting to join the winning team. A good mod to me is one that brakes up the clan and have them facing each other vs dominating the game. But, then they cry and quit. So yeah squad building should be more for clan servers playing against other clans, because to much organizing in a open server leads to domination. BFV now looks like the results from all the people crying and more of a run gun game with choke points. It's more of a DM game then a BF game. People use a lot of smoke, camp, so it's not even the ideal DM game. I'm ready for a new BF game, but with the direction they been going and the way people like to play doesn't give me much hope I'll like it. I use to get excited about new games, but that was ruined after BF4 came out after all the criers in BF3. BF6 should be a box with a wall with one door and make it 100 players. : /

In Bf4 there was so many snipers around the edges of the map and ontop of buildings that you barely saw other infantry at times.
  • Jeffmaxs6
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What map is that?  If there is the same amount of snipers on each team, then it balances out. The problem with BF4 is there's to many tanks and a lot of flags that leave you exposed to be farmed.  Tanks should fight other tanks, not fight infantry from a safe distance and blast buildings down to rubble.  I didn't mind being a engineer in BF3, but BF4 it was more of a joke. I hated the game from the get go and winning never was important to me. Because I'm not going to be a full time engineer and have to squad up, just to fight tankers all game long.  Not only is it work, but winning is not a satisfying reward to me if I'm not having fun while doing it.

BFV my squad is usually all medics, so the limit should be elsewhere. Only the open maps seem suited for sniping too me.  When there's a lot of buildings then it seems more run a gun, unless you hide in a window, but how long will you last there? Either way with the map lay outs, don't seem like snipers heaven too me. Get a couple kills, big deal. Even when I do good or even when I played BF1 and had a good kd it left much to be desire and not very satisfying. I guess because I didn't feel like I was doing much, where BF3-4 had more attitude and satisfying. I watch lvlcap or someone on the new maps blasting from above down on infantry. Boring.  I'm playing BF4, but that's getting boring too, so I guess I'll switch up to BF3. Just feels like I'm playing and doing something.

• amkingchar
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see no reason to limit the snipers since from the previous titles scout was easier and more fun, right now you need to actually be skillful to play it especially when you go aggressive! 

Most of the people right now they go for the head shot but with the hit box being that small and player movement there is a 80% they will get a body shot. We always had the same problem when it comes to snipers  even in bf4 with hardmode on everyone was annoyed. But right now I feel like giving a limit to snipers will kill the game not that it is already killed by the devs hundred times but I think the main focus right now is to limit the hackers and not the actual classes! 

Also as a scout for a main class I feel like the class is a bit underestimated in this title, With the devs adding new snipers that require you to go prone or not be able to aim while standing, not that I am a big fun of the Boys AT but why not do the same thing to the other classes ? Add them new weapons that they won't be able to do something,  then spray guns Vs 1 shot guns would at least have some balance. Furthermore the removal of the sweet spot can only be understood a lot more when you play with a sniper so that's another advantage for the spray classes !

Overall  if we are talking about objectives it's true that most of the snipers will stay a bit outside the objective but again if you go closer you feel more vulnerable and you are an easier target against a spray class. Some aggressive snipers will disagree with that because some times the objective is the best spot but for those who will stay back well yes it could be a danger zone !  So summing up sniper class is actually good but to get the most of it you need to practice it and with all those changes game by game scout/recon class is very different ! But when it comes to the limit of it, it's a big "no no" and to be fair spray classes are the most used in the games so you need to accept the scout class as it is as the scout users accept the other classes ! 
  • MsieurLeodagan
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think we need to limit assault players
    The majority in every match is assault.

lol you are on a battlefield no a game of snipers....