Modern warfare sucks BF has nothing to worry about

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think you can tell almost nothing from what I've played so far other than if I get the game I won't play 2v2 much. @NLBartmaN mentioned no balance issues but it's hard to tell because I had quitters/disconnects 2 out of 3 games I played. As for weapon balance no idea but CoD is pretty legendary for a lack of it.

Definitely wait and see what the real game is like.
  • NLBartmaN
    3166 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think you can tell almost nothing from what I've played so far other than if I get the game I won't play 2v2 much. @NLBartmaN mentioned no balance issues but it's hard to tell because I had quitters/disconnects 2 out of 3 games I played. As for weapon balance no idea but CoD is pretty legendary for a lack of it.

Definitely wait and see what the real game is like.
    When the other player is AFK, I also quit and search for a new game, I think that happens the most.

The matchmaking is so fast that I assume some players do not expect that and were still getting a drink or something.
  • TFBisquit
    1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When you play a shooter, you want the guns to feel good. They felt good to me in the beginning of bfv, but after several patches they don't anymore.
    I couldn't care less what any developer does to his game, but if I don't like the gun mechanics, it becomes stale pretty quick.
    I say Dice messed up the weapons, and I do hope the new cod does it better.
  • DockerAl
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    For the first time in months I had constant fun playing a game and no frustration about bugs, unbalance or crap Netcode/servers/lack of ping limit at all.

The Alpha feels great, bugfree and predictable accurate gunplay, normal movement, great visibility, great sound and good TTK.

Also Netcode feels good, but it is only 4 players now and maybe I was lucky I did not encounter any high pingers.

Can't wait for the open Beta and will do some more Alpha rounds this weekend.
    Well because there's no server browser people can't deliberately play out of region. Matchmaking will always put you in the closest server. So unless you're playing with overseas friends or the population is really low (unlikely) you won't encounter many high pingers.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

that is insulting to the cute wee donkeys(Image)

That would go well in a butty.
  • GrizzGolf
    956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I actually didn't think it was that bad
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1795 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The question is, will the new COD convert BF vets -players of BF3/4/1 etc or will it just draw back those COD players who recently jumped ship to BF. If it's just the latter then I don't see it as much an issue. If it truly converts Old school BF players then that should another thing
  • jroggs
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 24
    Hard to really judge a game by a mode I'd probably never touch if I bought it. I'm not twitchy enough to really excel at these phone booth duel maps.

There's something that just feels wrong about CoD's gunplay. It's not terrible. It's just clunky compared to Battlefield's infantry gameplay. I dunno. Like most everyone else, I'll try out the beta if it's free to play, because I'd like to see how the game plays with some freedom to maneuver, but I'm not impressed yet and I kinda doubt Treyward or Infinity Arch or whoever made this will suddenly learn good map design out of nowhere.
  • SgtKnocks
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It don't matter how bad the new COD is.. its miles better then BF5.

BF5 is the worst multiplayer FPS I have played in all my gaming life, dating back to '96 with quake.

1. ZERO CHEAT PROTECTION.. servers are running wild with cheaters, and I mean WILD.
    2. KILL CAM?!?! why the hell would you put a kill cam in a FPS. (imho a form of a wallhack, you just tell your buds on voice who killed you, where they are and how many.. to stupid for a tactical shooter.
    if you are downed and waiting for a res, your screen should start to blacken as your res timer lowers)
    3. OMFG the bugs for a year old game is crazy..
    4. LOL @ weapon balance. You can scope in just as fast with a LMG aa you can a SMG.. movement the same... stupid.. there is no feel to the weapons period.
  • boutneus
    2456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Novel idea: could it be that at this point they (gasp) BOTH suck?
  • NLBartmaN
    3166 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    boutneus said:
    Novel idea: could it be that at this point they (gasp) BOTH suck?
    Not even close, after playing some CoD Alpha hours, it is clear BF V is not even in Alpha state yet ...
  • ackers75
    2316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    B
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Not even close, after playing some CoD Alpha hours, it is clear BF V is not even in Alpha state yet ...

Yep the level of polish between the games is astounding.
    I would hang my head in shame if I was you dice.
  • jroggs
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SgtKnocks said:
    It don't matter how bad the new COD is.. its miles better then BF5.

BF5 is the worst multiplayer FPS I have played in all my gaming life, dating back to '96 with quake.

1. ZERO CHEAT PROTECTION.. servers are running wild with cheaters, and I mean WILD.
    2. KILL CAM?!?! why the hell would you put a kill cam in a FPS. (imho a form of a wallhack, you just tell your buds on voice who killed you, where they are and how many.. to stupid for a tactical shooter.
    if you are downed and waiting for a res, your screen should start to blacken as your res timer lowers)
    3. OMFG the bugs for a year old game is crazy..
    4. LOL @ weapon balance. You can scope in just as fast with a LMG aa you can a SMG.. movement the same... stupid.. there is no feel to the weapons period.
    I really don't know how you can complain about lack of cheat protection and then the existence of killcams in back to back points. It honestly boggles the mind.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I already pre-ordered COD. I agree 2v2 isn't something we Battlefielders would play regularly but this alpha showed me that this is a game I want to play.
  • ackers75
    2316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 24
    If the larger player count modes play half as well as the 2v2 mode it’s still light years ahead of bfv
    In all honesty am starting to actually feel for the devs at dice because I think the new cod is gonna make them look a little silly
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Probably no destruction.  Vehicles probably only call in kill streaks.  Probably crazy kill streaks just to get that light tank.  Probably need 20 kills in a row without dying.  So if that's the case.  You think people camping hard on BF5. Wait until you see CODMW camping. 
    Heck the 20vs20 videos seems like large maps and no action.  I was thinking of getting this.  But if 50vs50 is laggy or broken it be a waste of money.  Bad enough I broke down and bought black ops 4 the other year.  I played it maybe a month.  I did play it last week. Was okay for hardcore kill confirmed.  But still it gets boring fast.  I rather buy Dawn of Man when ever it comes to XBOX1.
This discussion has been closed.