Modern warfare sucks BF has nothing to worry about

Comments

• creepNpeep
    724 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played the demo.
    It’s crap.
    Truth is, so is BF now too.

So we screwed either way 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • TFBisquit
    1507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    This game is as twitch as it can come. But ok, if a person prefers a slower pace I can agree on that.
    The rest is hype and I will await the reviews and forum opinions for cod. Just as with this game.

Am sorry to tell you but battlefield is now a twitch shooter too!

Yeah that's what I was saying. I should have added the names of the games I now realise.
    Bfv is a twitch shooter and just as I waited for reviews from bfv I will also wait for reviews from cod.
    Cheers.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Yeah it sucks playing on PC if you're a competitive player because you're always questioning if someone is cheating or not.

I already have a cheap 1080p 60hz Asus monitor picked out if I decide to switch to PS4. I haven't owned my 1440p 165hz Gsync monitor for a year yet, but it's no good for PS4.

Then I'll buy the PS5 next year and a new 4k monitor for that. Man I spend a bunch of money on gaming hardware. I just hope there's killer FPS games coming out to justify the money. BFV certainly wasn't worth it.

Tell me about it. I've gone from PS4 to Xbox to PC and back to PS4. If the wife knows just how much money I've spent on gaming the last 3 years I'd have to sleep on the couch for a month.

I enjoyed alot of the things in PC. Its the players I who weren't rage hackers but played with something (esp?) that bothered me. I tried not to think about it but I started to question alot of my deaths. You just can't be sure if someone is cheating or not.
  • SirTerrible
    1687 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My issue with PC regarding Battlefield is that since BF3 everyone always had 100+ ping when I played (I play late at night) and my mouse never felt right, like there was a ton of input lag even though I'd have 100+ FPS. Made BF3, BF4, and BF1 super unenjoyable on PC for me. Never could find anyone else that had the same mouse problem so I never found a fix. I ended up just using a controller a lot of the time, that's how bad it was lol.
    Just a random rant, ignore me.
  • Shadders_X
    479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    I played the 2v2 for about 90mins, and it was great fun. You can see the opponents, guns feel good, although the graphics are a little bit cartoony. Only complaint is that the sound does not let you hear footsteps. Maybe the beta or final game will solve this. There doe not seem to be aim assist etc., which can only be a good thing. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • KingRofty
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why replace Battlefield with Call of Duty? Just enjoy both. 

It's simply entertainment and not a life changing choice you need to make.

Mind you, some BF players might have less mini heart attacks if they take a break from BF V, me included. 
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Downloaded the alpha a couple hours ago and played some rounds. I can say 80% of my deaths were one shot ones where I can’t even react at all. Stupendous. I was hoping that this COD will replace BFV for me but alas, it won’t. 

• KingRofty
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Downloaded the alpha a couple hours ago and played some rounds. I can say 80% of my deaths were one shot ones where I can’t even react at all. Stupendous. I was hoping that this COD will replace BFV for me but alas, it won’t. 

Remember it's only an Alpha and a lot of tweaks will still be applied to the final version. Either way, it's nice to have "something new" again, but I reckon "The Pacific" chapter for BF V might actually be pretty good. 

• NLBartmaN
    3166 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

there are very few weapons that can one shot you and even then for some it needs to be a headshot.

Just be smarter and faster with those weapons, you can't play the same strategy with a sniper, shotgun and automatic weapon.

The game is a twitch shooter (just like BF V), with the very big difference TTD and TTK are equal, movement is better and more predictable and when you shoot someone they actually die, the game and server (right now with 4 players) can handle the fast TTK (unlike in BF V)

When I die in this game it simply is because I was too slow, the other players was smarter or I missed and those deaths I don't mind. (unlike the "netcode"/ visibility issue/ other bugs deaths in BF V)
  • JasonH42
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The MW Alpha was amazing and so much fun, even with just a few maps and 2v2. Way more fun than BFV.
  • DirtyDog1974
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They had more updates in COD this weekend then i think BFV has had in last two months. Added a new mode and the new maps. What's that tell everyone?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12822 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    They had more updates in COD this weekend then i think BFV has had in last two months. Added a new mode and the new maps. What's that tell everyone?
    BFV's alpha also had a couple of updates during both alpha tests,  It doesn't tell anybody anything.

• ackers75
    2316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So like battlefield v then!

• DirtyDog1974
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV's alpha also had a couple of updates during both alpha tests,  It doesn't tell anybody anything.

Guess you haven't played it then, the sounds, gun mechanics, actually seeing players. This isn't even a particularly close contest. Oh and take some time and read most of these replies, mostly positive toward the Alpha, unlike what you suggested in another post.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So I’ve been playing the Alpha for Modern Warfare.

Basically it’s the same twitch shooter but now with added recoil. It’s unmistakably COD.

If you are like me and never liked the core multiplayer COD experience this game won’t change that. Even when they add capture the flag on larger maps it’s still going to essentially be the COD experience.

We have all been saying that BFV is doomed because of COD but I think it will do ok as the alternative to what COD offers. Like it always has.

I’m not for jumping ship just yet.
    This has been the same stupid conversation between idiotic fanboys since the two became powerhouses in the gaming industry. I'll play the new cod because it actually looks like it's going back to some of its roots that made it good back in the day. The only thing they have had and will have in common is that they are first person shooters, they are completely different types of games. I have played both since BF2 and COD 2 and plan to continue as long as they are good.  Battlefield isn't going anywhere just like COD.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12822 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Guess you haven't played it then, the sounds, gun mechanics, actually seeing players. This isn't even a particularly close contest. Oh and take some time and read most of these replies, mostly positive toward the Alpha, unlike what you suggested in another post.
    I haven't played it no,  Good deduction skills there.

I also have no interest in playing it either,  The last call of duty game I ever laid hands on,  Was call of duty 2 which was set in WW2 also.

Also note,  MOSTLY positive about the new modern warfare,  Some are disappointed however which is what I was referring to.

Also as above with Rage's response,  Both are vastly different games,  Both have vastly different gameplay mechanics,  Both have their strong points and weak points..  Comparing one with the other is no more different than comparing apples and pears.
  • TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You literally only played 2v2 with no large maps or vehicles at all...Can you think a little.
This discussion has been closed.