Weekly Debrief

I wish infantry only maps and the other maps were separate rotations

Comments

• barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Combined arms is basically what makes battlefield special. If someone wants to play infantry only, he should switch to cod or something. I can't imagine how players can be so frustrated with vehicles, they refuse to play big open maps like Twisted Steel or Panzerstorn. Those are proper Bf maps compared to dumb things like Devastation.
    I just hope Dice realised such simple thing and create more maps with all kinds of combat involved. Infantry only sucks a major one. Unless it's a separate mode.

Right because what we need right now is for Dice to alienate even more players

That's exactly what we need. DICE need to let the community know this is Battlefield not Infantry only maps and modes. This theory that Everyone should enjoy Battlefield has destroyed Battlefield and expecially BFV.

Superb logic right there and completely wrong in every sense of the word. It has been proven time and again that battlefield can cater to lots of different styles of play. It does not have to be in a single mode which a decent portion of players don't enjoy.

What is destroying battlefield is the removal of modes that have been in the game since bad company days. People who don't like conquest won't play that mode no matter how much you try to convince them it's good. They will just stop playing, which a lot have.
  • mf_shro0m
    1502 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Combined arms is basically what makes battlefield special. If someone wants to play infantry only, he should switch to cod or something. I can't imagine how players can be so frustrated with vehicles, they refuse to play big open maps like Twisted Steel or Panzerstorn. Those are proper Bf maps compared to dumb things like Devastation.
    I just hope Dice realised such simple thing and create more maps with all kinds of combat involved. Infantry only sucks a major one. Unless it's a separate mode.

That's exactly what we need. DICE need to let the community know this is Battlefield not Infantry only maps and modes. This theory that Everyone should enjoy Battlefield has destroyed Battlefield and expecially BFV.

No it hasn’t. Did BF4 make everyone happy and did it kill BF?
    Dice’s mistake was to make all the maps poorly designed and neither this nor that, in addition to poor weapon balancing, poor class balancing, poor netcode, etc

If from now on Dice went for the BF4 formula of offering some vehicle focused maps and some infantry focused in addition to vehicle heavy playlists, infantry heavy playlists and mixed playlists things will get a lot better
  • Hawxxeye
    5611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 25
    Back in the day we had custom servers that fixed this issue. Want infantry only rotations? There's a server for that. Want big maps only? There's a server for that. Sigh. So many things are wrong with modern Battlefield.
    Also even before there was also the option of modding the games as well!
    Until this happened in 2011:

Gameplanet: PC is the lead platform. Do you see PC as resurgent? Is this console generation beginning to limp?

Bach: I wouldn’t say this console generation is limping. We’re pushing the envelope quite far with the PC right now, but the interesting thing is, by doing that, we’re learning a lot about the consoles. We can create better looking, better playing games on consoles as well! So yes, PC is pushing the boundaries but the consoles are following.

Gameplanet: Speaking of toolboxes, will there be any capacity for modding?

Bach: We don’t have any information on that right now, at all. On that topic, modding is a declining trend actually. It’s sad to say. We’ve seen some cool mods but since games are getting more complicated to build, it’s also getting more complicated to mod them, so it’s a declining trend as we see it. Sad but true.
    Even BF3, the Golden Boy of the BF series was already showing signs of the loss of the decline that was about to start
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This theory that Everyone should enjoy Battlefield has destroyed Battlefield and expecially BFV.

The amount of irony in this is massive.
  • CSO7777
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The problem is that Dice doesn't use the forums for deciding what to do, they use statistics of what people play. It has been know for years now, that the most popular maps often where infantry only/or maps with a low number of vehicles. This goes back to at least BF3.

Dice makes games for the "community" and if they wan't infantry focused maps they will get it. They have to sell tickets, not please a (small) hardcore fan-base who loves vehicles. And saying combined arms is all that makes BF special is not really true. Things like player-count, destruction, "big" maps and the balance between realistic and arcade also is part of this. Infantry-only maps can still 'feel' like BF without a ton of vehicles.

BFV was destroyed by being buggy and not finished at launch (and still not really in a good state even now).
  • Mangrey
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I with OP would go play COD and never come back to BF
  • mf_shro0m
    1502 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    The problem is that Dice doesn't use the forums for deciding what to do, they use statistics of what people play. It has been know for years now, that the most popular maps often where infantry only/or maps with a low number of vehicles. This goes back to at least BF3.

Dice makes games for the "community" and if they wan't infantry focused maps they will get it. They have to sell tickets, not please a (small) hardcore fan-base who loves vehicles. And saying combined arms is all that makes BF special is not really true. Things like player-count, destruction, "big" maps and the balance between realistic and arcade also is part of this. Infantry-only maps can still 'feel' like BF without a ton of vehicles.

BFV was destroyed by being buggy and not finished at launch (and still not really in a good state even now).

... and terribly balanced, and the map design’s 💩
  • SirBobdk
    4072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF3 and BF4 had rental servers and a wide variety of infantry and vehicles maps and even combined maps. And they were well designed. There was something for everyone imo and I could find a favorite server which matched my preferences. I cant find any of this in BFV. I can choose to play merry flag on small infantry maps or combined warefar on open large maps without any significant buildings or covers. Both choices are awful with the current poor map design and balance.

• barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    BF3 and BF4 had rental servers and a wide variety of infantry and vehicles maps and even combined maps. And they were well designed. There was something for everyone imo and I could find a favorite server which matched my preferences. I cant find any of this in BFV. I can choose to play merry flag on small infantry maps or combined warefar on open large maps without any significant buildings or covers. Both choices are awful with the current poor map design and balance.

I was saying the same thing to my wife moments ago. After being on the receiving end of 5 spawn traps in a row in breakthrough games I joined not ones I was in from the start. I can't think of a BF3ap where it was so screwed from the off and the maps in rush were big enough to break spawn traps easily. Between map design and the volume of players proning BFV can be awful to play.

I can't wait to get my xbox next week so I can get back on BF3.
  • mf_shro0m

Bang on
  • mf_shro0m

I was saying the same thing to my wife moments ago. After being on the receiving end of 5 spawn traps in a row in breakthrough games I joined not ones I was in from the start. I can't think of a BF3ap where it was so screwed from the off and the maps in rush were big enough to break spawn traps easily. Between map design and the volume of players proning BFV can be awful to play.

Yesterday I joined a game that started a minute or two earlier and one of the teams already had 4 of the 5 flags. I know how that can happen I mean geez
  • barnesalmighty2

Yesterday I joined a game that started a minute or two earlier and one of the teams already had 4 of the 5 flags. I know how that can happen I mean geez

Its worse on breakthrough too, you join a game half tickets remaining and the team is trapped. The usual wall of MMG guys with snipers spamming flairs the assaults right up front killing tanks more or less as they spawn and medics hanging back keeping it all going.

I think the overall ability level of players has gone down quite a bit these days.
  • bigiain
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, there's something happened this time around where a lot of players are worse than they've ever been. It's not like they're getting out played, they avoid encounters as much as possible, it's all hide and seek. Lots of players don't seem to play their class at all as well, it's just a gun to them. 

I'm not coming at this from an angle of being good either, I'm just constantly in teams full of people who seem actively disinterested.
  • barnesalmighty2
    bigiain wrote: »
    Yeah, there's something happened this time around where a lot of players are worse than they've ever been. It's not like they're getting out played, they avoid encounters as much as possible, it's all hide and seek. Lots of players don't seem to play their class at all as well, it's just a gun to them. 

I'm not coming at this from an angle of being good either, I'm just constantly in teams full of people who seem actively disinterested.

This is why smaller modes are needed it helps lesser skilled players brush up on skills without too much harassment. It gives people confidante to get stuck into larger modes. On BF3 and 4 I always started my gaming session with a few rounds of dom to brush up before going into more hectic modes.

Newer players will just get frustrated being hammered into the ground in large modes with no chance to learn what they're good at.
  • mf_shro0m
    bigiain wrote: »

This is why smaller modes are needed it helps lesser skilled players brush up on skills without too much harassment. It gives people confidante to get stuck into larger modes. On BF3 and 4 I always started my gaming session with a few rounds of dom to brush up before going into more hectic modes.

Newer players will just get frustrated being hammered into the ground in large modes with no chance to learn what they're good at.

Truth. Worked for me
  • mf_shro0m
    edited August 25

Its worse on breakthrough too, you join a game half tickets remaining and the team is trapped. The usual wall of MMG guys with snipers spamming flairs the assaults right up front killing tanks more or less as they spawn and medics hanging back keeping it all going.

I think the overall ability level of players has gone down quite a bit these days.

Lol yeh I see those pretty often too

It does seem that way but it’s implausible that the average player has suddenly become a lot worse

Ime a common trend in those games of breakthrough where a team’s down to half tickets and they’re still scratching at the first sector is that most of the attackers aren’t attacking. Marita’s first sector provides some brilliant examples of this because is you don’t throw everything at the objective, you’re not getting through

I think that in the last however many months it’s become clear as day that BFV favours defensive play styles. It’s possible that this has left a mark on the playerbase and so now a lot of players are practically shellshocked (obviously not literally) and just won’t attack unless their team’s winning and there’s a Zerg they can join

Another factor could be that this game demands more teamplay and particularly squadplay than previous games did because of attrition. Whereas in previous games a pro or otherwise very good player could go rampaging solo and get like a 5.0 Kd because they could keep healing, in BFV even the good players can’t do well or carry teams if their team aren’t there to help them even if that just means chuck them bandages.
    Another common feature in the breakthrough games that are an embarrassment is that the attackers only have one or two medic in the whole team

It’s also possible that the abundance of selfish lil prone campers has left the playerbase more cathartic than previous games did. I mean I know that personally, pretty much the only times I use MMGs are after a series of annoying things have happened. At some point I stop giving a s and just say ‘an eye for an eye’. That doesn’t happen often because thankfully I do pretty well these days and I have a serious moral issue with selfishness. With players for whom neither of those things apply tho, I’d imagine that they say ‘f it’ pretty often which results in them playing more selfishly and that just drags the team down. So ultimately the gap between good teams and bad teams is enlarged by this
  • barnesalmighty2
    I think you're right about defensive play. I play solo most of the time these days and often see little in the way of teamwork. It does happen but not nearly as often as it should. Personally I almost never use the MMGs I've re ently tried to get all my guns to 10 and those things are so boring to use. When I have to counter them Ill more often than not break out the kar and claim heads and when they're dead push through right to the enemy spawn side and drop my beacon down. It's really funny watching a spawn trap get slaughtered from behind everyone looking the wrong way. I just wish it was easier to tell classes apart without having to identify weapons first.
  • Matty101yttam
    975 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 25
    Nothing wrong with inf only, i actually think they need more of everything.
    Every bf game needs:
    -6 vehicle heavy maps(like panzerstorm/golmud)
    -6 vehicle/inf balance(caspian, arras)
    -6 inf only

6 being a rough minimum number for a basic server rotation.
    That's what every bf should be launching with to be an instant hit, by having the various map styles it breaks the game up and makes the content last longer because they play so differently from each other.

As for the smaller 5v5 style maps, a smart person would actually use them as filler/teaser, you build a small area get it right, release it so people have something different to play while you fill out the rest of the map. Depending on the maps they could have more than 1 part that could house a 5v5 in which case you could release multiple smaller maps as you build the greater one.

On top of all that if they had extra time/resources i think they should make sniper only map/modes, a LOT of people enjoy sniping and i think a pure sniping mode would go down well.
  • Hawxxeye
    5611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 25
    Every bf game needs:
    -6 inf only

6 being a rough minimum number for a basic server rotation.
    That's what every bf should be launching with to be an instant hit, by having the various map styles it breaks the game up and makes the content last longer because they play so differently from each other.

As for the smaller 5v5 style maps, a smart person would actually use them as filler/teaser, you build a small area get it right, release it so people have something different to play while you fill out the rest of the map. Depending on the maps they could have more than 1 part that could house a 5v5 in which case you could release multiple smaller maps as you build the greater one.

Yes exactly, vehicle fans like me would go for the first two rotations and we would not ahve to suffer the inf only
  • mf_shro0m
    edited August 26
    Every bf game needs:
    -6 inf only

Simple really isn’t it? I don’t understand how it can be that so many people think that a BF can only either have only vehicle heavy maps or only infantry only ones

7 year olds should be able to understand this and that’s putting it lightly