"I camp, what should i do? Go out and get killed?" This is the monstrosity DICE created.

LEGATVS_ROMANVS
375 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited August 25
One of the thousands of campers you find in this game. Even in Devastation. One of the many today in this map was the typical medic camping with the usual Thompson/Suomi behind corners. Prone. This one used Thompson. I admit this game makes me extremely nervous and toxic especially in chat. In every EU conquest servers i play, 98% of people camp, no matter the map or side. I had an argument with one of those Thompson campers in Devastation, prone behind sandbags in a corner. Cannot repeat here what i told him, but he replied "yes im camping, what should i do? Go out there and get instantly killed?"

This game is a camping abomination. It doesnt even feel like a WW2 game AT ALL!. But an early WW1 game where people were entrenched in their positions all day long. Without ever moving. For the fear to get killed when they peak out. People like the guy above now represents the battlefield community seeing the astronomical amount of campers in this game using extremely high rof guns to have easy kills while they camp. Neither in BF1 campers were this huge and i have more than 800 hours in it.

Why is this happening? Partially is also because of the different audience DICE wanted to attract into this game. they wanted to keep the former Battlefield veterans who love hard stuff, but at the same time they wanted also the new wave of Battlefield players who love easy kills and want easy gunplay, Call of Duty audience, all the Batlle Royale audience et cetera. Remember when they modified TTK was modified because kids started to whine game was too hard? Now we are flooded with people like this. People who never played a shooter in their lives. Or people who played easy shooters where u only have to press the trigger and guns dont even have recoil so easy to use they are. People who dont know what team work is.  People who camp because otherwise they get killed. In a map of 64, u have 64 solo players chasing the same flag. 

And then extreme camperism is one of the consequences or the nonsensical choices of DICE in the gameplay.

Now to end my post, i ask Dice to give us the custom servers immediately so we can balance the game ourselves. For example by removing MGs, 3x scopes just to mention two of the many things wrong in this game.

Comments

• dayglowfroggy
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What platform are you on?

I play on xbox every night and have done since beta but I don't see some huge camping problem as you described.
    I mean I do get killed by some one prone every now and then maybe twice a game but I come back and kill then or mark then for my team or call them out to my squad so they don't usually last long.

Do you play on mic with a squad?

I tend to be looking around allot and use 3x scope for this purpose if it's available.

Sometimes my squad does rush off and I end up just behind them because I want to check out my surroundings but if I am taking the lead people will show down.

I do go on mad twitch shooter somtimes if I am on one .

• LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    375 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Chances are the private servers will become custom the moment you change any default settings. In BF1, those servers disappear from the browser with default settings. It probably won't be any different with BF5. Removing certain weapons from the game won't fix the camping problem. 
    No, but it helps reducing it by far. Once you remove all MGs, then you can give support different weapons if you want. I recall servers in BF1 in which medics were even given scout rifles or assault smgs. What makes assault weapons OP? Their vast range of action. From 0 to 1.5 kilometres. Remove 3x scopes and all others except 1x scopes, and you see more balanced gunplay in this game. No more assaults camping. But assault trying to get flags exactly as medics should do. 

You can leave scopes to snipers. Its their job. Counter sniping should be made by other snipers, not by assault with ridiculously broken guns.

If it were for me, ill remove even the perks from all guns. Just crude level 0 weapons. And people have to learn to master the different recoils etc. 
  • dICEHOUSE
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sort of got to agree with @viper63x ; You (a person)  paid for it just like anything else you pay for. Unless there are agreed upon inclusions ( example a 'lease' ), you can do whatever the hell you want with it. Last time I checked, EA's EULA  read nothing about violations that include playing whilst not moving and firing your weapon for longer than...whatever. 

Then there are those that will say " The game is meant to be played as a squad/team based working together so on and so on. That's correct. It's the game's design. It's the game creator's Agenda that's pushed upon players that end up following it as though it's Law.

I agree, constant camping is annoying. Seems though that campers get sniffed out eventually unless they have found some sort of prestigious spot. Which sometimes isn't hard to do considering BFV's generally poor visibility...which probably leads to more camping.

Really just got to grin and bear it until map design and visuals make it harder to do so, but it will never go away.

• SillySinStorm
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just had a couple of little legends camping on the rocks overlooking B on Fjell squad conquest. One recon and one support. The support teabagged me with glee after killing me from his glitchy perch. I took great joy in flanking wide towards B and taking them both out. And again when they spawned on the spawn beacon that i'd purposefully left intact. And again when they didn't quite get the message. Camp all you like but do it intelligently.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remove Prone position on your back,bring back showing up while firing weapon. Camping solved.

Or make it interesting and just make it where people proning show up on Mini Map while firing.

There is lots of easy fixes as I fixed camping just now. DICE implementing easy fixes is another problem.
  • CSO7777
    1123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Remove Prone position on your back,bring back showing up while firing weapon. Camping solved.

Or make it interesting and just make it where people proning show up on Mini Map while firing.

There is lots of easy fixes as I fixed camping just now. DICE implementing easy fixes is another problem.
    These are bad solutions to the problem.

Showing on minimap when prone or firing sounds horrible. We had this 'minimap-meta' in BF4 and that was perhaps one of the biggest most awful things of the game (along with 3D spotting/dorito shooting). The game should work without the minimap being important at all (imho).
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One of the thousands of campers you find in this game. Even in Devastation. One of the many today in this map was the typical medic camping with the usual Thompson/Suomi behind corners. Prone. This one used Thompson. I admit this game makes me extremely nervous and toxic especially in chat. In every EU conquest servers i play, 98% of people camp, no matter the map or side. I had an argument with one of those Thompson campers in Devastation, prone behind sandbags in a corner. Cannot repeat here what i told him, but he replied "yes im camping, what should i do? Go out there and get instantly killed?"

This game is a camping abomination. It doesnt even feel like a WW2 game AT ALL!. But an early WW1 game where people were entrenched in their positions all day long. Without ever moving. For the fear to get killed when they peak out. People like the guy above now represents the battlefield community seeing the astronomical amount of campers in this game using extremely high rof guns to have easy kills while they camp. Neither in BF1 campers were this huge and i have more than 800 hours in it.

Why is this happening? Partially is also because of the different audience DICE wanted to attract into this game. they wanted to keep the former Battlefield veterans who love hard stuff, but at the same time they wanted also the new wave of Battlefield players who love easy kills and want easy gunplay, Call of Duty audience, all the Batlle Royale audience et cetera. Remember when they modified TTK was modified because kids started to whine game was too hard? Now we are flooded with people like this. People who never played a shooter in their lives. Or people who played easy shooters where u only have to press the trigger and guns dont even have recoil so easy to use they are. People who dont know what team work is.  People who camp because otherwise they get killed. In a map of 64, u have 64 solo players chasing the same flag. 

And then extreme camperism is one of the consequences or the nonsensical choices of DICE in the gameplay.

Now to end my post, i ask Dice to give us the custom servers immediately so we can balance the game ourselves. For example by removing MGs, 3x scopes just to mention two of the many things wrong in this game.
    I have played since BF2 on Pc and this game doesnt feel any different in terms of campers. There will always be campers in any FPS game for the most part. I am constantly on the move for the most part, even when i play recon and have absolutely no issue topping to getting near the top of the leaderboard.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 26

Would you like them to just hold your hand to your kills too? Good lord.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    These are bad solutions to the problem.

Showing on minimap when prone or firing sounds horrible. We had this 'minimap-meta' in BF4 and that was perhaps one of the biggest most awful things of the game (along with 3D spotting/dorito shooting). The game should work without the minimap being important at all (imho).

Well just deal with the Camping then because that's why those systems was in place. Campers cryed and got there way now we have predator bush woolies. Enjoy
  • xKusagamix
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I do hate campers that go prone half of the round, but as someone said before, they paid for the game, therefore they can play it their way. That's the reason why i play as a Recon with Flare and Spotting Scope just to spot them.

And for god sake the Spotting Camera upgrade for the Tanks and Planes are completely useless for months.
  • oldmandown65
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 26
    It’s not important if you get killed by a camper, what’s important is how hard you rage over it.  ;)
  • bran1986
    5650 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They need to take away the insane benefits of camping. Start with rebalancing the mmgs, cut AT rifles ohk range in half and disable proning and bipoding off your back.
  • ZuluWarGod
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I certainly feel like it's alot higher in bf5 than previous battlefield games without a doubt. The reason I think it is so is because spotting was removed. In other bf games if there was a sniper that was prone you could spot them and then they would be a sitting duck. They would get 1 kill then once spotted would be killed.

As others have said visibility is poor in bf5 which doesn't help the situation.

Am I missing something or was there a problem with how previous Battlefield games played that I somehow missed? I still do not understand why bf5 is the way it is. I mean the series started in WW2 so it's not like they haven't done it previously?

Thank god they cancelled the 5v5 mode..maybe they are remembering what made this series great. They need to.being back some of the systems that encouraged bravery and taking flags.

I play bf5 the way I always played bf and I can say the amount of times I am running and get killed instantly by a prone player is frustrating.

Given the poor response to bf5 I think they need to change something...