Crossplatform taking over don't get left

2»

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    1502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    If its an option that’s fine but I certainly don’t want it pushed on me!
    I don’t pay for gold on Xbox to be put on servers with little pc script kiddies.

I left pc for that exact reason
    You can have XBOX Live gold for free with Microsoft/Bing rewards.  I been having free LIVE for like 8 years out of 11 or so years on XBOX.
  • bmillsy513
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't mind if PS & Xb cross-platformed. All good to me. But absolutely no way with PC though, not with all the hacking involved. Not to mention the overall m/kb advantage.
  • ackers75
    2337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bmillsy513 wrote: »
    I don't mind if PS & Xb cross-platformed. All good to me. But absolutely no way with PC though, not with all the hacking involved. Not to mention the overall m/kb advantage.

You will only play kB/m players if you plug in a kB/m on your console.
  • ChickenTheTank
    271 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't want cross plaplayy in any game... Ever. I see no reason any AAA game should need it.

Cross play will ruin console wars and restrict innovation because why try to 1 up the competition when all games can be played across all platforms. It's going to lead to a bland grey boring time for gaming as a whole.

Its bad for the industry as a whole, good for struggling games though.

That's what 1st party is for. If EA (and others) have products they're going to keep at parity anyway because it simplifies maintenance, then you might as well shorten matchmaking times with cross play.

3rd party cross play forever!
  • Violent_Rumble
    328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Console players would most probably have a button for aim lock while PC players wouldn't.
  • NLBartmaN
    3219 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Was watching Stodeh playing the CoD Alpha yesterday on PS4 Pro with M+K.

CoD Alpha has native M+K support on PS4 and you see a mouse besides their name in the lobby.

In BF V on PC he has insane aim, accuracy and speed, on console with M+K he got wrecked a lot.

The lower FPS (compared to PC) and aim assist slow down (has 4 settings in the game) for controllers was just too much for him to handle when enemy players with controller were average or above.

But he had native M+K, not a Xim or other adapter which can do scripts and act like controller etc.
  • ragnarok013
    3077 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    c said:
    barnesalmighty2 in the games that have console\PC cross platform they normally have to opt in playing with MKB players so as long as it's opt in I'd have no issue with PC and console playing together.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    barnesalmighty2 in the games that have console\PC cross platform they normally have to opt in playing with MKB players so as long as it's opt in I'd have no issue with PC and console playing together.

That's not my quote there bud. However the 2 games I have played with pc console cross play were completely ruined by it. Granted DCUO is not a great game but when cross play came so did speed hackers and macro users that completely ruined the game on ps4.
  • DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Was watching Stodeh playing the CoD Alpha yesterday on PS4 Pro with M+K.

CoD Alpha has native M+K support on PS4 and you see a mouse besides their name in the lobby.

In BF V on PC he has insane aim, accuracy and speed, on console with M+K he got wrecked a lot.

The lower FPS (compared to PC) and aim assist slow down (has 4 settings in the game) for controllers was just too much for him to handle when enemy players with controller were average or above.

But he had native M+K, not a Xim or other adapter which can do scripts and act like controller etc.
    Maybe his gaming chair was broken?
  • OskooI_007
    717 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 25
    Jack said native mouse in CoD alpha felt good, but a little laggy. Which is understandable with 60fps and Vsync enabled.

He also said controller users on console don't have to play against PC users. But that mouse users on console are put into PC lobbies...

If that's the case, then Infinity Ward has messed up because mouse users on console will get rekt by PC users running 120+fps with Vsync disabled. Not to mention all the cheating on PC.

Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. They need to allow lobbies for Console native M+K with only other console players. Another aspect of this is people (like myself) who want native M+K on console, so we can finally leave behind the cheat scene on PC platform.