Modern warfare sucks BF has nothing to worry about

Comments

• CHAMMOND1992
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Funny to see people on here contradict themselves on gameplay mechanics just so they can [bash] this game lol. If DICE made a game exactly like this iteration of COD people would lose their minds. BFV triggers such ill will that people learn to like aspects of COD that made them prefer the BF series to begin with. 

Fascinating.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14775 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited August 2019
    @CHAMMOND1992
    Swearing isn't allowed here..  

Let's keep things within the confines of the forum rules moving forward.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just play COD 4 Modern warfare, and it plays nothing similar in any was shape no form like the new COD.
    The last COD games feel arcade like, but this new game really feels like MOH:Warfighter
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just play COD 4 Modern warfare, and it plays nothing similar in any was shape no form like the new COD.
    The last COD games feel arcade like, but this new game really feels like MOH:Warfighter
    Everything past MW2 has been trash for the most part.  MW3 was the start of the end, ghosts was terrible, advanced warfare was garbage, infinite warfare was more garbage, black ops 3 was meh but tolerable, black ops 4 almost was kinda meh but after awhile just as garbage. The new one actually looks very refreshing as someone who has been longing for a good call of duty.
  • jroggs
    1238 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KingRofty said:
    Downloaded the alpha a couple hours ago and played some rounds. I can say 80% of my deaths were one shot ones where I can’t even react at all. Stupendous. I was hoping that this COD will replace BFV for me but alas, it won’t. 

Remember it's only an Alpha and a lot of tweaks will still be applied to the final version. Either way, it's nice to have "something new" again, but I reckon "The Pacific" chapter for BF V might actually be pretty good. 

It's not an alpha, not even close. That is a totally different level of development. This was a playable demo of a mostly-finished part of the game.

I don't know why they used the word "alpha," and even the term "beta" gets stretched pretty frequently. Did "demo" become a dirty word at some point?
  • MarauderFox
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Alpha/Beta lets you hide behind the formal definition while eventually releasing an incomplete product
    Demo is really old school and was unintentionally forgotten about when the first few real open betas were wildly successful (BF3 did it right).
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The demo will be the beta, which you get if you preorder. So yeah, currently you could say it’s alpha.
    When the beta goes gold, you could say it’s finished. The phrase demo isn’t used anymore nowadays though, a demo was a finished product but capped at one level, or amount of time per round. Publishers found they lost sales because people didn’t like the demo for instance. So they stopped with that.
  • jroggs
    1238 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @MarauderFox @TFBisquit Yeah, that makes sense. Pure marketing cop-out. That way whatever people praise, they can say, "Yep! Thought you'd like that!" while anything that gets criticized can be met with, "Uh, hello? It's just the alpha/ beta, stupid, it's obviously not done yet!"

It's still totally a demo, though.
  • SirBobdk
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    It's positive to hear.
    I don't have anything to play right now, so I hope Cod becomes a success.
    If its anything like Moha or even cod 2/4 and with 20x20 and larger maps then I'm all in. 
    I would prefer to play BF, but unfortunately, BFV is a mess and far from what BF should be imo, and I can't see anything they can do to change this.
    Post edited by SirBobdk on
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    jroggs said:
    KingRofty said:
    Downloaded the alpha a couple hours ago and played some rounds. I can say 80% of my deaths were one shot ones where I can’t even react at all. Stupendous. I was hoping that this COD will replace BFV for me but alas, it won’t. 

Remember it's only an Alpha and a lot of tweaks will still be applied to the final version. Either way, it's nice to have "something new" again, but I reckon "The Pacific" chapter for BF V might actually be pretty good. 

It's not an alpha, not even close. That is a totally different level of development. This was a playable demo of a mostly-finished part of the game.

I don't know why they used the word "alpha," and even the term "beta" gets stretched pretty frequently. Did "demo" become a dirty word at some point?
    Hi,
    Is it possible that BF alpha/beta/release games have lowered the bar, and peoples expectations so much, that when an actual alpha of another game is presented, people just cannot quite believe it is an alpha ?

Maybe, BF should be at the same quality as other games such as CoD ?

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
  • 4Primeval
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    COD MW is awesome! we should all leave battlefield and never return guys! 
  • zenn_nme
    854 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Also... You know what I really dislike, and I haven't seen this brought up anywhere else;
    - only works with another useless Game Launcher I don't have the need for on my PC! :|
    - Also wouldn't be suprised if its another console port running on 30Hz servers.
  • SirBobdk
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    4Primeval said:
    COD MW is awesome! we should all leave battlefield and never return guys! 
    It could happen. If someone like me goes back to cod after being absent since cod waw (2008), everything can happen :D . There have to be major changes to the next BF as well as fairfight before I consider BF again. Didn't think I should say that. Always been a hardcore fan despite all the bugs BF has presented over time. 

• ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    (Quote)
    I haven't played it no,  Good deduction skills there.

I also have no interest in playing it either,  The last call of duty game I ever laid hands on,  Was call of duty 2 which was set in WW2 also.

Also note,  MOSTLY positive about the new modern warfare,  Some are disappointed however which is what I was referring to.

Also as above with Rage's response,  Both are vastly different games,  Both have vastly different gameplay mechanics,  Both have their strong points and weak points..  Comparing one with the other is no more different than comparing apples and pears.

Can someone stop this crazy planet so I can jump off it....... even mods trying to down play and lightly bash a game they haven’t even played.

• LOLGotYerTags
    14775 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    ackers75 said:

Can someone stop this crazy planet so I can jump off it....... even mods trying to down play and lightly bash a game they haven’t even played.

I'm not bashing it at all,  all I'm saying is it's not for me.

And I'm well within my rights to say so,  I've watched enough video of it to form a coherent opinion of it.

2v2?

When RSP comes I can do that in bfv by setting the player count to 4 and selecting TDM as a game mode.

But hey if you want to jump on the "oooh shiny" bandwagon then sure,  go right for it..

I'll be expecting many to be returning after its launch complaining about it being infested with cheaters,  griefers,  and all the usual behaviours I've come to expect from my last outing in a cod game ( cod ww2 open beta )
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah nothing wrong in sharing opinions.
    And true, 2vs2 is not something that makes me enthusiastic. I will see if they offer larger player counts like indeed 20vs20 or more.
    I always liked cod games upto mw2, but 8vs8 is not for me anymore.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    ackers75 said:

I'm not bashing it at all,  all I'm saying is it's not for me.

And I'm well within my rights to say so,  I've watched enough video of it to form a coherent opinion of it.

2v2?

When RSP comes I can do that in bfv by setting the player count to 4 and selecting TDM as a game mode.

But hey if you want to jump on the "oooh shiny" bandwagon then sure,  go right for it..

I'll be expecting many to be returning after its launch complaining about it being infested with cheaters,  griefers,  and all the usual behaviours I've come to expect from my last outing in a cod game ( cod ww2 open beta )
    Hi,
    I played the 2v2 alpha on PS4, and it was the first time i had heard people talking in a game for a long time. No one talks in the BF games. If there is anything that will encourage teamwork, is the ability to coordinate people using voice comms for 50v50. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Hi,
    I played the 2v2 alpha on PS4, and it was the first time i had heard people talking in a game for a long time. No one talks in the BF games. If there is anything that will encourage teamwork, is the ability to coordinate people using voice comms for 50v50. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
    I hear ya,  I dont hear people using VoIP too often myself but that's not the fault of the game,  Discord and team speak offer much higher quality voice coms so I can understand the lack of VoIP usage being used ingame.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think I might actually get it. I said it probably can't win me over but my friends might. Again. My friends were actually the reason I've played many many hours of COD2 and COD4. Battlefield wasn't their thing. 

It's been a long time since we played that but now they are thinking about getting the MW. And as I said, it does look amazing and I might get it because of them. There's also another reason. On Saturday, a lightning strike broke my PS4. So now I have no games to play not even on PC except BF3 which surprisingly is still active. There's no way I buy BFV on PC after reading all the threads about cheaters. So I might buy MW. I have to see some vehicle gameplay though. Like, can you actually drive/fly them like in BF or can you just be a passenger of that killstreak call-in and stuff like that. Gunplay looks amazing. I don't even have to play it to know that it feels good shooting those guns. Fortunately there's open beta in late September which will definitely make my decision a lot easier. 
This discussion has been closed.