Weekly Debrief

Things that can save Battlefield v from COD

Comments

• BL00DY-ROY
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We still have not seen much of Ground War (32 vs 32) from COD. Not sure if only ATV, a tank and a chopper in Ground War is enough to draw people away from Battlefield. If they add more (planes, AA, different types of choppers etc), there is still the question of number of maps. If there is only one or two maps that manage 32 vs 32, that also might not be enough to make people change. But if you are a infantery guy in BF, you will maybe play more of the new COD game.

I like the battlefield games, but there are some mechanics in BFV I don`t like. The attrition system, flying mechanics, able to lay on the back (cant`t see if you are dead or just laying there). And I think the whole destruction thing has gone to far.

But we still have BF4 to fall back on
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We still have not seen much of Ground War (32 vs 32) from COD. Not sure if only ATV, a tank and a chopper in Ground War is enough to draw people away from Battlefield. If they add more (planes, AA, different types of choppers etc), there is still the question of number of maps. If there is only one or two maps that manage 32 vs 32, that also might not be enough to make people change. But if you are a infantery guy in BF, you will maybe play more of the new COD game.

I like the battlefield games, but there are some mechanics in BFV I don`t like. The attrition system, flying mechanics, able to lay on the back (cant`t see if you are dead or just laying there). And I think the whole destruction thing has gone to far.

I believe the vehicles are call-in's as well.  So the try hard door jam campers will get most of the killing streaks going.
  • ragnarok013
    3233 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited August 22
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

I believe the vehicles are call-in's as well.  So the try hard door jam campers will get most of the killing streaks going.
    GRAW2ROBZ this is the one thing that makes me think COD won't be a true BF competitor for COD MW. Even back in COD WAR the tanks spawned on the map so it was better system that MW will be.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    -Remove Prone meta
    -Add auto spotting to fix visibility
    -Fire the lead designers pushing the "milsim is valid" philosophy/direction.
    -Remove awful recoil patterns so shooting doesn't feel aids.
    -Add trigger discipline back into the gunplay meta.

Agree on all. Sounds like you enjoyed BF4 and BF3.
  • georswag123
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know what EA and DICE are thinking about an offline mode but i want to say one thing.
    SAVE YOUR CONTENT !!!
    One day the servers will shut down and all the development for the maps , guns , troops , vehicles and items will lost forever. But with a simple large scale offline mode all the development for troops , vehicles , guns , maps will be playable forever and the people will enjoy all this content forever.
    I know an large scale offline mode will not be easy to make because of the AI programming and the map development but with this offline mode all the content from the game will be saved.
    Thanks for reading and
    have a nice day !!!
  • Shadders_X
    483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 26

BF5 is losing out to BF1 and BF4.  Once CoD comes out and that certain type of player goes that way too, maybe DICE/EA will realise what I mistake they've made departing from and/or diluting the Battlefield brand so much.
    Hi,
    Yes - every time i look at the maps in my favourites on BF4, they are always full - nearly double digit queues. 

Maybe DICE could propose to reskin BF4 with everyones favourite maps (backstab, deadly pass, arica harbour etc), and take out the glitches and aim assist etc. If they offered it half price as an actual working game - would help rebuild the franchise. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
  • CaptHotah
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PTFO DICE
  • georswag123
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why Call of duty has all it's modes able for offline play and Battlefield doesn't have any single mode playable offline ?
    I know that this time they are fixing bugs but an OFFLINE mode needs to be done .
    I suggest an offline conquest mode with both soldier vehicle and plane AI on a large scale battle . The AI doesn't need to be perfect but it needs to be playable.
    Thanks for reading.
  • trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    clean up visuals, remove clutter, get rid of animations, maybe bring back spotting if needed, make the new maps more grand than the maps in the base game...that would go a long way.

Bring back picking up kits.  Get rid of tedious attrition stuff.

And then the maps, at least with Pacific map they could in theory fix a lot of wrongs in my eyes, but will they?  Doubt it.  And the current maps just don't excite much.  Usually I'm not one to hate on maps.  My attitude was always that every map has fun in it you just have to find it.  YOu gotta find that role to play that works for that map etc.  But I just couldn't or wouldn't do that with BFV.  My eyes just glazed over.

But again a lot to do with the first few problems I mentioned. 

Other issues I have are...the classes.  I miss that engineer class.  I miss AT class.  They kind of put them all into the assault class as one.  And ...it just seems cheesier I guess?  But that's not a huge deal.

but maybe # 3 issue is  they have to make Conquest exciting again.  It needs a fun injection. The actual point of the mode needs emphasis for today's audience.  It needs a knock out condition.  It needs a team to lose in less than 5 minutes if they insist on not playing the objective.   There needs to be a reason to get and hold majority flags that registers with today's playerbase.  this needs to be communicated to the player front and center.  And the solution needs to be elegant.  

I wnat to feel ike I'm part of an army and are battling for a goal and not just to roam around in an arena and farm kills. 

But then you have the vehicle mess still.  The tanks, which feel great for what they are going for aka - old and slow- , but aren't fun to use in a BF game, need work.  The planes...my feelings about the planes are out dated.  Maybe they've improved since early on.  But ...go through those dumb menus for each plane to upgrade.  3, 4 or 5 different planes people choose from. Many making dumb choices.  Can't see enemies on the ground on most very easily makes bombing boring.  resupply in the air.  constantlly holding down that repair button.   If that is all still present....it all needs to be cleaned up. 

...I could go on.  But whenever I start to list things that keep me away...I quickly realize that I'm basically asking for a new BF game and the likelihood of receiving enough changes that would get me excited is basically zero.   I highly doubt they even clean up visuals and clutter even though an opportunity presents itself on the maps they make for the Pacific.    IF anything   jungle means clutter x 10.   They would never get close to Wake Island in BF42 which was basically  open field with occasional palm trees.   Cover was ridges and hills and then bunkers or huts and maybe the occasional palm tree. 

• trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SAVe it for me?  First, clean up visuals, remove clutter, get rid of animations, bring back spotting in some form if needed, make the new maps more grand than the current maps..that would all go a long way.

Bring back the picking up of  kits.  Get rid of tedious attrition stuff.

And then the maps, at least with Pacific map they could in theory fix a lot of wrongs in my eyes, but will they?  Doubt it.  And the current maps just don't excite much.  Usually I'm not one to hate on maps.  My attitude was always that every map has fun in it you just have to find it.  YOu gotta find that role to play that works for that map etc.  But I just couldn't or wouldn't do that with BFV.  My eyes just glazed over.

But again a lot to do with the first few problems I mentioned. 

Other issues I have are...the classes.  I miss that engineer class.  I miss AT class.  They kind of put them all into the assault class as one.  And ...it just seems cheesier I guess?  But that's not a huge deal.

but maybe # 3 issue is  they have to make Conquest exciting again.  It needs a fun injection. The actual point of the mode needs emphasis for today's audience.  It needs a knock out condition.  It needs a team to lose in less than 5 minutes if they insist on not playing the objective.   There needs to be a reason to get and hold majority flags that registers with today's playerbase.  this needs to be communicated to the player front and center.  And the solution needs to be elegant.  

I wnat to feel ike I'm part of an army and are battling for a goal and not just to roam around in an arena and farm kills. 

But then you have the vehicle mess still.  The tanks, which feel great for what they are going for aka - old and slow- , but aren't fun to use in a BF game, need work.  The planes...my feelings about the planes are out dated.  Maybe they've improved since early on.  But ...go through those dumb menus for each plane to upgrade.  3, 4 or 5 different planes people choose from. Many making dumb choices.  Can't see enemies on the ground on most very easily makes bombing boring.  resupply in the air.  constantlly holding down that repair button.   If that is all still present....it all needs to be cleaned up. 

...I could go on.  But whenever I start to list things that keep me away...I quickly realize that I'm basically asking for a new BF game and the likelihood of receiving enough changes that would get me excited is basically zero.   I highly doubt they even clean up visuals and clutter even though the opportunity presents itself in the Pacific.    If anything the  jungle means clutter x 10.   They would never get close to Wake Island in BF42 which was basically  open field with occasional palm trees.   Cover was ridges and hills and then bunkers or huts and maybe the occasional palm tree. 
  • TFBisquit
    1643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When cod attracts players en masse, many from here will follow. Now longevity is a different story, if it's any good players will stick, or else return to other games.
    As for the term fps, it stands for first person shooter, which can be played online and offline, usually involving a canpaign, or some games that only provide a single player campaign. They are still an fps game though.
    Besides, training, learning a map or trying out different weapon loadouts is also handy to do against bots.
    Back in the day I played the berlin map to tryout some things. It was actually pretty funny to play against 32 bots. Or warming up.

• SlowOldWarrior
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    When cod attracts players en masse, many from here will follow. Now longevity is a different story, if it's any good players will stick, or else return to other games.
    As for the term fps, it stands for first person shooter, which can be played online and offline, usually involving a canpaign, or some games that only provide a single player campaign. They are still an fps game though.
    Besides, training, learning a map or trying out different weapon loadouts is also handy to do against bots.
    Back in the day I played the berlin map to tryout some things. It was actually pretty funny to play against 32 bots. Or warming up.

Just don't mix bots with real players ala BattleFront - pure garbage, and defeats the feeling of accomplishment, AI kills are hollow and will just clutter the map.
  • xKusagamix
    948 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 6
    I would love to see new COD game attract more BFs' current players. At least in Asia, it'll have less cheaters for the new BF game.
    As for COD, i really don't care, it's not my cup of tea.
  • StormSaxon
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Every CoD has more players. Always has. It’s a much bigger franchise.

So at the most it will take back all the CoD refugees we gained.. and maybe some others.

I’ll treat CoD with the same contempt as I’ve always done and ignore it.
  • ackers75
    2395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    Every CoD has more players. Always has. It’s a much bigger franchise.

So at the most it will take back all the CoD refugees we gained.. and maybe some others.

Can have contempt for cod all you want but they have never released a game that’s even half as broke as this one!
  • Landalius
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good idea about the ofline map mode, like BF2 with bot armies.
  • DaManiac72
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing that will happen is that even more people will be less interested in both of these games. COD has been failing for years and now BF has been failing completely with several titles in a row. When it comes to COD, they keep spreading false hopes when it comes to how the game will be received and when it comes to BF-devs they have completely lost track of what BF is all about.
  • StormSaxon
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe, but they were all still some how worse.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I have said the same since 2008, but this one actually seems interesting if the manage to get bigger maps and 20x20. If so then I going for it. Rather play cod wannabe BF than BFV wannabe cod.