Some has to say something at dice

WarCrys1s
24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Look let’s not defend this game. It’s average. At best.

This issue here is how little effort has gone into every level of this game. This video explains things pretty well.

I think it’s time the top people at dice publicly lose there jobs and passionate people get out in charge.

This game is just.. trash and it has destroyed the franchise. Idk if BF will recover. It’s not even that another game will take its place. It’s that people are leaving for better games. And they are changing. BFV is ruining BF for its own player base. It’s just a awful attempt at a cash grab. At least fortnite and other games deliver on there promises and deliver the experience there players expect.

It’s in ruins. Time for people to depart this franchise.

Comments

• ShevermiN
    397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What has everyone forgot how we got here after 20 years of PC online gaming...  Every title every game from every developer has had bugs, has had delays, has had content promised not delivered.  Every game and make no mistake, every game ever has had issues. From graphical glitches, play mechanics to desk top crashes. Every game ever has had bugs and glitches that we play through, around or play with.

What is that an incorrect statement.......  prove me wrong.

Hey and I like new maps, and new content. But if 50% of your disappointment is not getting a new virtual gun ??  that's a bit shallow.  The game should run smooth, but if your complaining about micro stutters on your 32" 1440p, 144Hz monitor with 17 ping please?? oh how you are doing it tough.. Not like Q3 on dial up 17" CRT monitor at 800x600 30fps on medium settings, didn't have to get better than that we all said.

I'm not defending DICE but whats with the rose colored review glasses. this is PC gaming and if some how think it's worse now then it has been ????  why are you gaming at all. 

And if anyone thinks that COD on a new engine with a new shooting mechanic is going to be nothing but a basket case on launch then you haven't been paying attention to the last 20 years. Have they even shown 100 player server running yet ??  And who ever mentioned Fortnite..... a cartoon kids shooter your argument is invalid. And when 80% of my Battlefield mates jumped ship for PUBG when it was in alpha ???  Two years later and it's 4 maps and the hackers are still in the game. 

• WarCrys1s
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People seem to think it’s the bugs. Or it’s the lack of content. Or any other issue. When really it’s not the content, or the minor bugs. It’s the direction, quality, commitment, and everything surrounding this game from the get go. The PR Champaign was a disaster! Nightmare scenario. Then they show content and promise it by a specific date. It’s a failure on epic scales.

You can say what you want. It wouldn’t matter if they fixed all there issues. Fixed this game. All of it. They will be hated by most until EA and Dice publicly show they are serious. People need to be terminated for this failure.

If this does not happen it weakens the next installment and further degraded the faith people or the CUSTOMER had in this franchise.

Enough is enough
  • Texator
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN said:
    What has everyone forgot how we got here after 20 years of PC online gaming...  Every title every game from every developer has had bugs, has had delays, has had content promised not delivered.  Every game and make no mistake, every game ever has had issues. From graphical glitches, play mechanics to desk top crashes. Every game ever has had bugs and glitches that we play through, around or play with.

Hey and I like new maps, and new content. But if 50% of your disappointment is not getting a new virtual gun ??  that's a bit shallow.  The game should run smooth, but if your complaining about micro stutters on your 32" 1440p, 144Hz monitor with 17 ping please?? oh how you are doing it tough.. Not like Q3 on dial up 17" CRT monitor at 800x600 30fps on medium settings, didn't have to get better than that we all said.

I'm not defending DICE but whats with the rose colored review glasses. this is PC gaming and if some how think it's worse now then it has been ????  why are you gaming at all. 

And if anyone thinks that COD on a new engine with a new shooting mechanic is going to be nothing but a basket case on launch then you haven't been paying attention to the last 20 years. Have they even shown 100 player server running yet ??  And who ever mentioned Fortnite..... a cartoon kids shooter your argument is invalid. And when 80% of my Battlefield mates jumped ship for PUBG when it was in alpha ???  Two years later and it's 4 maps and the hackers are still in the game. 

Well, you are not complete wrong but i see it different.
    If i order and pay for a pizza peperoni and get a pizza without peperoni because they tell me the peperoni comes 15 minutes later because it still have to be sliced.
    After 15 minutes they tell me there was a problem and they can not tell me when my peperonis are ready than i have to decide if this pizza is worth my money and if i ever buy in this pizzeria again.
    Same with Games, if i feel the game is not worth my money or the company is incompetent i will buy elsewhere. And i am sure i am not the only one.

So, what to say to dice. I would say: Dice/EA better sell the licence for the BF franchise to another company because i dont believe in you anymore and wont buy another game you created.
  • CT1924
    945 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What happened to all the stuff in the trailer? And Al SoonNopedan? From the SQC mode, it looks like it could have been really good... But we all know it probably will not come. They said they would only support the game as long as people support it, but by the way they are ruining chapter 4, I think it will not be ready in time. The only reason I am still here is the destructible terrain and vehicles. Otherwise, I would be playing CoD.
  • UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Bugs, delays etc have always existed. What has changed how the game studios seem to want to almost always turn when they reach a  crossroads toward the opposite side that the players want to turn.
    The ability to patch games after release has encourage the release of ever increasignly incomplete games for a full price that is higher than the price it used to cost for a PC game 20 years ago. Before someone says that game development has becoem more expensive : The pool of gamers has also increased dramatically so the cost is still easily split for a mainstream game as long as the executives are not trying to have 2 fresh baths in banknotes every day.

Not to mention that gaming is the most profitable entertainment media out there. They make more than the next five biggest earners (Hollywood, NFL, Soccer, etc...) combined. The ability to put off completing the game and patch it post launch is killing the quality of most games. Also the whole "all games have had problems" thing is the biggest cop out I've ever seen. Look at RDR2, Last of Us, Uncharted, Fallout 76(lol, oops not that one) and many others. Few glitches and even fewer game breaking bugs, immersive story, fun gameplay and hours of content worth the price. BFV has been one of the worst games I've seen next to maybe Anthem and Destiny 2.
  • Tosasan_HUN
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN said:

as you say pubg in alfa early state and you know it when you buy 30euro and you know its developed for the indie company but bf5 is a full price triple A game and noone says its released in early access state
  • Juggernawt
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've been playing Battlefield since BFBC2 and BFV is the first Battlefield game I have stopped playing before the next one was released. Disgusted and disappointed. I won't be buying anymore Digital Illusions-games. 
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN said:

I've been gaming since the 70s and I can tell you I have never played a more broken game than this one. Nothing comes even remotely close.

Right from the start when I spent several days and untold amounts of research just to get the game to play properly. The amount of hints and tweaks, changing of PC settings and so on that were required were staggering. Compare that to Far Cry 5 where it was load, update game version, update PC drivers and good to go.

Sure Far Cry 5 also had bugs, particularly with vehicles randomly flying through the air, but nothing was so broken that the game didn't run and most importantly, nothing that deterred me from having fun.

The fun part is the problem. My Orwellian conspiracy nature suspects that Dice is conducting a giant psychological experiment to determine how much frustration you can impose upon a human being while providing them with the minimal amount of fun and still keep them playing the game.
  • Fas7Eddi3
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The battlefield franchise has been slowly dying since Hardline. It was hardline that foreshadowed what was to come.

Premium kept this series fresh. Guaranteed new content every few months. Maps, weapons etc. Once they stopped premium and good content on a schedule, that was it. This franchise is stale ans boring. This game is almost a year old and we have 2 maps to show for it? Wheres the content? And no im talking about BS weapon skins.

Id gladly pay 100 even 150 for a multiplayer game that is going to actually give us content. BF1 was the same way. By the time new maps actually rolled out i was bored and done.

Teamwork isnt as essential to this franchise as it used to be. The more it caters to COD and casual players the more its soul dies.

I still think the franchise isnt gonna go anywhere. People will still buy. But its lost its soul. It can be salvaged but i dont think it will be.