This Week in Battlefield V - August 26th Edition

Braddock512
1542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited August 2019
Let's see what's happening in Week 10 of Chapter 4.

While this is an overview for the week, be aware that this WILL be updated as we release new info and announcements.
Keep checking back throughout the week to keep up to date.
Monday, 8/26/2019
  • This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links!
Tuesday, 8/27/2019
  • Last Chance for Weekly Mission Reward - Give the ToW Mission a final push if you haven't completed it yet. Weekly ToW Storyline ends on Wednesday. 
  • Weekly Community Highlight – Best Only in Battlefield Moment of  the Week - Hot new OIB moment coming in with a new weekly winner! Think you’ve got a winner? Send it our way on any of the Battlefield channels. Each weekly featured clip will be awarded a Best Community in the World emblem!
Wednesday, 8/28/2019
  • Battlefield V Chapter 4: Defying the Odds Week 10 Overview
Thursday, 8/29/2019
Friday, 8/30/2019
  • Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week.

Notices and Addendums

Keep an eye on this space as we'll be updating things as new information/updates come from the Dev team.

Update 4.4 and Provence & Lofoten Islands
  • Update 1: The team is working to finalize the build and put it through QA checks to ensure we're delivering a quality update that addresses bugs, resolves some core issues (stuttering is a big one), and delivers content (Progression Update, Lofoten Islands & Provence) - and to do this without bringing new issues. The update is currently tracking for release next week - and we'll keep you updated on the status as we get updates. Our next status check will be August 28th, so we'll have more information to share then.

• Update 2: Talked with the team today. Update 4.4 is looking good and on track for next week. We still need to get through Cert before locking the date, so we'll have another status check for the community on Monday, Sept 2, 2019.

Trello Board Status

As noted above - we are working on launching the Battlefield V Quality of Life Trello Board. This board will be a public board, visible for all players to track known issues as they are worked on, a hub to collate all Community Broadcasts, social channel links, our latest update notes, and to gather top requested community features. We've also built-in a voting mechanic for the board to enable the community to vote on what features they feel should be prioritized. Issues & Bugs that appear on the board will have a SLA (ETA on resolution) max of 3 Updates, meaning that if it's a bug and on the board, it will have a tracked JIRA link and should be fixed within the next 3 updates. Community Feature Requests will be reviewed and addressed by the Studio Team. Once work starts on them, they will be tagged as IN PROGRESS and when we have status updates for them, we'll be sharing that via the Trello board cards.

We're looking to have the board go live this week or next - and will announce the release once it is live. Looking forward to sharing this with you and getting your feedback.
Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512
    I saw a news article hit my google feed that you had contacted the dev team about weapons and what not from the chapter 4 trailer. I don't care if you have a status update (bonus if you do though), but would you mind confirming if that's true or not?

Thanks for everything you do for the community :)
  • Noodlesocks
    3663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any consideration taken to adapt Provence and Lofoten Islands to conquest and breakthrough?
  • Noodlesocks
    3663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would be neat. Battlefield has had plenty of really small conquest maps that still worked well with 64 players. Grand Bazaar, Bocage, Kursk (which only had 2 flags). Iron Gator took place entirely on one single aircraft carrier. It would not be without precedent to have such a small conquest map :)
  • ElliotLH
    9602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Making maps that do not work on the most popular mode in the game, conquest, seems like somewhat a waste of resources.
    Considering that I personally do not play TDM or SQCQ unless I am forced to by assignements or following where the rest of the clan wnats to play at, these maps might as well not exist as far as I am concerned.
    Battlefield is all about combined arms warfare. There are a lot more suitable games for those only play these small modes and they will not stay for the BFV version of these for long.

Quoting as a plus one.

--

*edit*
    The detailed answer -
    Some of the weapons/gadgets seen in the trailer were designed for the 5v5 or campaign/co-op modes specifically, so they didn't have the Specializations, Special Assignments, Spec Trees, correct skins, etc. that would be required for BFV vanilla.

Wait. Some were going to be for 5v5 only and might never have come over to the vanilla game if the mode hadn't been cancelled?
    Post edited by ElliotLH on
  • zenn_nme
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Some of the weapons/gadgets seen in the trailer were designed for the 5v5 or campaign/co-op modes specifically, so they didn't have the Specializations, Special Assignments, Spec Trees, correct skins, etc. that would be required for BFV vanilla. To bring them to the main game, the team has to implement all of those features for each of the weapons and etc, so they are working on that now.
    Just wanna say I appreciate that you guys are working on these weapon & gadgets and that they're not discarded. B) 👍
  • fragnstein
    836 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    August 13 we got this tweet.

REPORT: EA DICE plans to reveal more info about #BattlefieldV Private Games this month, in the next couple of weeks

It's been 2 weeks, where is the additional info?
  • ElliotLH
    9602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    fragnstein wrote: »
    August 13 we got this tweet.

REPORT: EA DICE plans to reveal more info about #BattlefieldV Private Games this month, in the next couple of weeks

It's been 2 weeks, where is the additional info?

Delayed (probably). 🦀
  • EBS_BillBailey
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This vid says it all.

• johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    [Clear and direct info.]
    Thank you for being straight up. You've got a rough job lately, but this is good communication.
    It is hard when your dev team is falling behind on releasing content and fixes. Just hope the new factions arent pushed back. that would be the biggest blow to the community @Braddock512

• DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Would be neat. Battlefield has had plenty of really small conquest maps that still worked well with 64 players. Grand Bazaar, Bocage, Kursk (which only had 2 flags). Iron Gator took place entirely on one single aircraft carrier. It would not be without precedent to have such a small conquest map :)
    But, compare the detailed, complex, unique structures that were created for Grand Bazaar. That map had all sorts of alleyways and various room and paths. If they tried to put 64 people on the simplified copy/paste structured BFV map, it wouldn't give the same result.
  • KIIXXVI
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you for the update can't wait to play the new maps/weapons and have a rank increase!
    I hope everything goes smooth this week tell the dev team we appreciate all the hard work they do it is not easy I know!

Also your dates from Wed - Friday are incorrect ;)

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    I'll reiterate that I appreciate the candid info-sharing in this thread. But I have to say... isn't it a remarkable coincidence that these delay-causing bugs  in 4.4 only came to light a couple days after the big Gamescom event ended, and all the media and influencers had already written their articles and posted their videos?

Remarkable.
    It is weird how the maps and what not all worked there but now when comes time for the rest of us its broken.
  • RC-1136_DRMN
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This game is a joke.

Tuesday 8/26 - Patched delayed because once again it is filled with bugs.  October and Call of Duty can't come soon enough. The 2 v 2 COD Alpha was much better than anything that I have played in BFV. 
  • Noodlesocks
    But, compare the detailed, complex, unique structures that were created for Grand Bazaar. That map had all sorts of alleyways and various room and paths. If they tried to put 64 people on the simplified copy/paste structured BFV map, it wouldn't give the same result.
    Not really fussed about reused assets on maps designed for 5v5 to be honest. Adapting these to conquest would be nothing but salvaging a wasted effort. It would just be a shame if they spent all this time on these maps and it amounting to nothing, especially when they already knew people wanted more conquest/breakthrough maps.
  • Mike_Wazowski_ll
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A well so many things have been delayed or still be delivered since day one...

Like quote;

What if I miss out on a Chapter Event reward, will I be able to get that in some other way?
    When you complete the final challenge in the Chapter Event, you will earn the reward for that week and be able to use it immediately in your next round. And yes, gameplay content released this way will also be obtainable by other playable means for everyone after the week has ended. https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/tides-of-war-chapter-1-overture-events-progression-rewards

Body customization on vehicles coming soon since release, game modes that where sold as part of the game on release disappeared to be "timed events" due to lack of player count to maintain the servers to be active.
    Lies? or just broken promises that could not be delivered upon

• CT1924
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512
    I saw a news article hit my google feed that you had contacted the dev team about weapons and what not from the chapter 4 trailer. I don't care if you have a status update (bonus if you do though), but would you mind confirming if that's true or not?

Thanks for everything you do for the community :)

It's true. Now, keep in mind, the Chapter 4 trailer DID include content from the (now cancelled) 5v5 mode. Here was my reply on Reddit: 

I did get a small update about the content that was going to be in 5v5 being repurposed for Vanilla (and some of the items that were in the Chapter 4 trailer - that did feature some of the 5v5 content).

The short answer - yes they are coming.

The detailed answer -
    Some of the weapons/gadgets seen in the trailer were designed for the 5v5 or campaign/co-op modes specifically, so they didn't have the Specializations, Special Assignments, Spec Trees, correct skins, etc. that would be required for BFV vanilla.

To bring them to the main game, the team has to implement all of those features for each of the weapons and etc, so they are working on that now.

The Breda and the Panzerbusche will be coming with update 4.4.

Currently, the Madsen is scheduled for 4.6.

The Chauchat, Ithaca 37, K31, Welrod, bazooka, etc. will be coming in future chapters.

Any consideration taken to adapt Provence and Lofoten Islands to conquest and breakthrough?

Not sure yet. They're suited more for small modes, so creating big modes like Conquest and Breakthrough may present a challenge, but it's definitely something I will share as a request to the Devs. 

-Braddock512-

Dump 20 duckboats from firestorm on the islands, 10 on each, let us swim in the water between them, give each island 3 cps, and release it. Assault the beaches. Could be fun.