Weekly BF

4.4 delayed !!!

Comments

• mrtwotimes
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    Better than releasing a broken update

By that logic it would've been better had they delayed the release of the entire game by a year or two.
    Sure, but that ship has sailed.  So are you now in agreement to release with bugs or should it be delayed to solve them?
  • ChiefSniper
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 27
    What an ungrateful bunch of...
    You whine if they release a game-breaking update, and you whine if they delay an update because it could BREAK THE GAME :|
  • KopaTropa123
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    this has moved past the comical state and is now just pathetic.... can't wait for other games that are coming out. Goodbye DICE, it was nice while it lasted.
  • Vespervin
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

By that logic it would've been better had they delayed the release of the entire game by a year or two.
    We know right?
    But the shareholders must get a steady everincreasing return to their investment else they ragequit.
    Right now I feel that the Command and Conquer remasters are being allowed more development time than the BF games.
    I hope so. I'm most likely going to abandon Battlefield V when Modern Warfare comes out, so the more attention the C&C remakes get, the better. I'm a huge fan of that series, at least the ones before EA ruined and eventually killed it.
  • ChiefSniper
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    this has moved past the comical state and is now just pathetic.... can't wait for other games that are coming out. Goodbye DICE, it was nice while it lasted.
    *waves*. Are the rest of you leaving too? Good. Give us peace.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At least they promised a fix for the stuttering. Fingers crossed *sike*
  • Hawxxeye
    5958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vespervin said:
    Hawxxeye said:

We know right?
    But the shareholders must get a steady everincreasing return to their investment else they ragequit.
    Right now I feel that the Command and Conquer remasters are being allowed more development time than the BF games.
    I hope so. I'm most likely going to abandon Battlefield V when Modern Warfare comes out, so the more attention the C&C remakes get, the better. I'm a huge fan of that series, at least the ones before EA ruined and eventually killed it.
    Every C&C up to and including C&C 3 and Red alert 3 has some redeeming qualities
  • BaronVonGoon
    6825 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What an ungrateful bunch of...
    .You whine if they release a game-breaking update, and you whine if they delay an update because it could BREAK THE GAME :|

You must be new to Battlefield.
  • Vespervin
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 27
    Hawxxeye said:
    Vespervin said:
    Hawxxeye said:

We know right?
    Every C&C up to and including C&C 3 and Red alert 3 has some redeeming qualities
    I started to lose interest when C&C 3 came out. Sure, the game-play and graphics are great, but to me they killed the story and ruined Nod. I'm extremely excited for Tiberian Dawn, Red Alert, and most excited for Tiberian Sun (if we get it).
  • LuchsE75
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imagine my shock
  • VincentNZ
    3172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    What bums me out is the tow missions hanging in the wind now.  Were suppose to get 3 weapons for the next three tows.  How long will it take to fix the bugs that were found in the certification?  Couple days to a week?  Does this mean Chapter 5 is pushed back as well?  Or these tow's gonna be crushed together?  Or put both patches back to back or just combined the 4.4 and 4.5?

There was always supposed to be a bridge between the two chapters, as we have had before. And braddock even said (somewhere on Reddit) that it was so substantial that they were thinking on releasing content for that timeframe (weapons). The bridge was at least two weeks anyway, as far as I calculated and up to 4 weeks are definitely a possibility, so enough room for delays, or an Intermission chapter.
    Delaying means, unless they have three teams working on three branches of the game and on three patches concurrently (4.4-6), that each successive patch will also be delayed by at least one week, so no combined patches I would asssume.
    Also as they have promised three weapons for this Chapter, the options are clear: Give us whatever they wanted to give us this week for free, or add another week of ToW. I suppose we will see on Thursday with the new ToW reveal.
    I think they needed this update to show this weeks tow and next.  Doubt its hidden in a previous update with a timer.

Yeah obviously the ToW was directly tied to patch 4.4, how this was the case, I do not know. I also do not know where they pulled the headgear from, so that they can just change the ToW schedule on the fly. Is that in the arsenal already?
    I also do not share your optimism towards Metro and the Pacific. I doubt it will release alongside Chapter 5, this would be contrary to any previous release. I very much expect that Fall 2019 for Chapter 5 means after Metro released + x weeks. Metro needs to stand on it's own feet, so I expect at the very least two weeks between them which would mean, the earliest date for Metro is October 1st, possibly delayed now for a week to October 8th (as it will come with 4.6) and Chapter 5 at October 17th at the earliest (with the ToW, map might release on thr 15th).
    Still in my opinion I think RSP and Operation Underground is gonna empty the BF4,BF1 servers even more.  BF3 will be forgotten.  I think they probably do have back up tows incase of a patch delay.  Shame this tow substitute is a bit dull though.  I was looking forward to 3 new weapons.

I doubt it. Right now both predecessors of BFV have 20k concurrent players, which I think is also similar to the raw numbers of BFV. Yeah Metro servers will pop up, but this will mostly empty the official servers, since players can have the full meatgrinder experience in more polished games. It might help, but it will surely not deplete games that have a stable playerbase for 3-5 years. And BF4 would see even more players if it wasn't released for five different platforms.
    By the way, where is the confirmation that the C96 will not come in Chapter 4? There is no reason for it being postponed unless it is the cause of the serious bugs however that will work. Again I can only stress that not releasing it in this chapter would be fatal.
  • VincentNZ
    3172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A further update on the upcoming weapons:

We won't even be getting the C96 for this Chapter ... they didn't extend this Chapter even after all of this chaos.

I do not see that. The comment he is referencing is this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/cvuqyt/this_week_in_battlefield_v_august_26th_edition/ey6k1q5/?context=1000 Which talks about the Chauchat, not the C96.
    Temporyal also thinks that there are only three weeks of ToW left for this chapter so we will not get the C96. However the ToW schedule has not been updated. They could give Chapter 4 another week, or release the C96 for free like the Ribeyrolles.
    There will be abridge between the two chapters, and a more substantial one at that as well, it has been confirmed, and this is exactly for events like this. So I have no reason to believe that the C96 will not come with Chapter 4.
    It is more likely that the weapons are tied to the patch 4.4 and can not release until this patch rolls out, so if it can not release next week, there will be another filler.

• MusicienElegant
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 28
    At this point, I think just simply explaining to us why the process is so difficult would have a higher positive impact than attempting to meet deadlines with real content. My bet is that a manager somewhere cut the number of workers on BFV, but I'm not certain.

Honestly, if anyone does cut the game off and leave it with it's problems, that will inform me just how far they are willing to go to screw us. And I will certainly remember if/when the next game releases.

Safest bet is to communicate, be professional, and release bug free content. If one box is checked and others are left open - not meeting deadlines is unprofessional - it makes the company look worse.

And honestly, I just want to see the team turn this around. I don't care if they need to reevaluate resources or ask for help from another studio, just get it completed the right way.
  • filthmcnasty
    500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm actually legitimately sad now that I think about two of the studios that made my favorite franchises DICE and BioWare. They're both pretty much dead and can't seem to catch a break, it's just one disaster after another. The only common thread seems to be EA.

RIP DICE
    RIP Battlefield

????
    BF1 was great
  • filthmcnasty
    500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 28
    I really don't see the Japanese and the Yanks being released, EVER. This "trickle" of content is just awful. I'd rather have the season pass
  • PvtJohnTowle
    941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At least DICE has been consistent since release, every time they announce something it is always delayed and never on time as they say. 
  • PvtJohnTowle
    941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 28
    robmcewen said:
    There must just be a skeleton staff left working on BFV.
    Ah no, not skeleton staff, just the bacteria left of the skeleton that has rotten through to the core. 
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited August 28
    LuchsE75 said:
    Imagine my shock
    You better take an aspirin and lie down then..
  • Titan_Awaken
    787 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm actually legitimately sad now that I think about two of the studios that made my favorite franchises DICE and BioWare. They're both pretty much dead and can't seem to catch a break, it's just one disaster after another. The only common thread seems to be EA.

RIP DICE
    RIP Battlefield

????
    BF1 was great
    Must be talking about Battlefront 2 (and it's massive lootbox controversy), not Battlefield 1.