Is it worth it?

amkingchar
68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Every now and then I probably post the same question to get an opinion if the current state of the game is worth it to try it out ! The last time I played the game was in June a little bit before everything hit the fan with invisible players bugs and a horde of hackers. Well I tried it when all those things released but after that I said that I would wait 2 or 3 months hoping that the game will get better 

Before deciding to this question I've been searching the forum and mainly on PC community (Because am playing on PC)  I found many posts having the same titles such as "The game is boring" "The game is harder right now" "The game needs some balance" "The game is full of hackers at the moment" "The game on PC has more hackers than other consoles" 

So judging from this questions since the beginning the game was something different and ,yes full of unbalances having all the classes being powerful than others or some weapons that are used in specific classes are more powerful than others or since I am a big fan of scout the most posts I've seen is "Sniper class needs more balancing "(To be more fair with other classes). All those things and the fact that the game has a more realistic look to it made and probably make the game be a bit harder than other titles. Also I will never forget the waves of hackers and the amount of them when the game first came out and how uncontrollable was when EA/DICE had no idea or a solution to that !

So the big question right now is !

At the current state of the game is the game worth to give it another chance ?
Did the devs decided to change somethings and fix the bugs and deal with hackers to make to community happy again?
And one last question will I get bored again by playing the game right now ? 

Comments

• Texator
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am a BF fanboy since BF 2 and even i have to force myself to play to unlock at least the weekly tides of war stuff.

All the bugs you experienced in june are still there, a few (invisible players for example) are rare now but still there and you get new bugs.
    There was content promised for the running chapter we never got.
    Maps, updates are delayed. It is like this is not the company anymore that gave us BF 3 and 4. Even Hardline was better and more fun than this game.

If the upcoming Call of duty deliver only half of what i expect then BF and Dice/EA are done.
    See Dice/EA what you did, a player who enjoyed BF for almost 14 years is waiting for Call of Duty. Shame on you.

To answer your questions, if you had no fun in june you wont have fun today.
  • WarCrys1s
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game is trash.
  • Godmodegta
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game might look eye candy, but it is not worth it, you mention every then you post same question, if your really interested in the game try Origin Basic membership that allow try out the game for limited time.
  • Zviko0
    1702 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Even if there are bugs, the biggest problem are probably cheaters. So no, it's not worth it on PC. Wait 17 years for dedicated servers. Or buy new COD to send them a message.
  • amkingchar
    Well at the beginning of the life of this game I felt that is not finished my opinion ! You don't start the idea of doing a WW2 themed game and you don't add the main battles or even if you add new maps in other countries at least add the voice acting of the specific country for ex Greece . But that is the least of the problems as I see cheaters are still a big thing in the game !

Why didn't they kept the old battleye?? At least it worked on private servers ! That's what keeps me going back to bf4 ! 
  • johnkapa1
    283 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Is it worth drinking motor oil if you're thirsty?

Hope this answers your question. Run fast, run far.
    @BaronVonGoon  :D
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they paid you, it still wouldn't be worth it.
  • Draxonfly
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The thing i see. Most people that are really enjoying the game are in playing it and most people that are not enjoying the game are here in the forums complaining. So looking here will give you a lop-sides view.
    Best bet, if you have the game, is to load it up, get you eye in, and just see for yourself.
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019

So the big question right now is !

1. At the current state of the game is the game worth to give it another chance ?
    2. Did the devs decided to change somethings and fix the bugs and deal with hackers to make to community happy again?
    3. And one last question will I get bored again by playing the game right now ? 
    1. No.
    2. No. It's worse than ever.
    3. You won't get bored. You will however become so frustrated you may want to set your computer on fire and then urinate on the ashes in a cathartic release.

My recommendation: Go outside and enjoy the world. Go for a long walk and then come back in a couple of months and play any other game from any other developer. I'm now just counting down the days till Borderlands 3 is released and I can game with some friends where we will laugh and have fun. I've almost forgotten what that was like.

• BtheReaper49
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is it worth drinking motor oil if you're thirsty?

Hope this answers your question. Run fast, run far.

LMAO!!!🤣
  • amkingchar
    Well the game was already downloaded on my pc so taking a look on my own to decide was a second option ! After taking some time in the game I can confirm that it felt more of a waste of time. 

The game did not change and still feels like an unfinished game ! Not only that but every server that I've been I had to face couple of cheaters and obviously toxicity and as a result many people were leaving the server to try and find another one ! Balance between classes is still lacking ! I also faced couple of bugs with invisible players and  loading screen issues.

At the beginning my hopes where high but now I hit rock bottom and the worst part I don't know who take the blame EA? The most know worst company worldwide? I mean they have other things to focus on such as FIFA which they serve the same game the same thing every year or NFS that is coming out soon?  DICE a studio full of promise but underproduction full of delays? It's sad to see the overall series of BF getting a wrong name due to that game and the whole community hating at it ! From EA side they can say that they did a good job taking our money from our pockets 

For now am moving on to BF4 or BF1 a more solid games without even thinking whats coming in BFV! 
  • BrianLocal1
    569 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I might be in the minority these days, but I've really enjoyed the game the last 2 months.  The gameplay really is very good and the only major bug I had was when xbox one would freeze on loading screens.  It could certainly use more content, but I've had my moneys worth of fun with it for sure.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I might be in the minority these days, but I've really enjoyed the game the last 2 months.  The gameplay really is very good and the only major bug I had was when xbox one would freeze on loading screens.  It could certainly use more content, but I've had my moneys worth of fun with it for sure.
    Me as well on XBOX1.  I'm up to 210 hours since April.  I passed up 1943,BF1,Hardline,Bad Company 1 already for hours played.  I should pass up BF4 maybe by next month or so for hours.  Will be a while till I pass up BF3.  Even longer to pass up Bad Company 2.
  • amkingchar
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Me as well on XBOX1.  I'm up to 210 hours since April.  I passed up 1943,BF1,Hardline,Bad Company 1 already for hours played.  I should pass up BF4 maybe by next month or so for hours.  Will be a while till I pass up BF3.  Even longer to pass up Bad Company 2.
    Isn't it different on XBOX or PS ! I always felt that in both consoles compared to PC is a big difference not only in terms of graphics or game-play but it felt slower on consoles ! First of it feels that on PC most of the games are easier to be hacked and the servers look like a hackers playground and second, I have no idea why DICE wasn't yet able to find a way to fix all those problems and every update is getting delayed plus it adds more bugs in a game ! They could might as well change the title to "Bugfield V"! So as a community we are stuck on deciding whether is good to add new updates or to avoid the bugs that follow them !  
  • RC-1136_DRMN
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is not worth it. Stay away.