Weekly BF

Will you be getting the next Battlefield after what we've got with BFV

Comments

• NLBartmaN
    3483 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If the game again has CoD gunplay and is nothing like the old BF's with good vehicles, I will probably just stay at the new CoD, that I will buy for sure.

Why buy a replica CoD if you can have the real deal.
  • mf_shro0m
    1752 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe a year post-launch lol
  • ChiefSniper
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unless there is some sort of server rental program available on release, absolutely not.
  • SithMetal71
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After the way we have been treated, not a chance.
  • jett1199
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NO.  Not unless there are hosted servers with Admins.  Way too many cheaters in BFV and BF1 that the games are not enjoyable.  Need a cheat just to keep up with the cheaters.
  • Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What with Watchdog legion & Cyberpunk 2077 upcoming releases, fact that the DEV's are currently struggling to make a game that works and zero confidence in the next one.

No

NB whoever said bf1/swbf was a failure needs to send themselves to the barn - asap
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5662 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Only time will tell.
  • OskooI_007
    858 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 28
    Only if I like the beta. I didn't like BFV's beta but bought the game anyway thinking the retail version would play better and be more polished. Lesson learned. :unamused:
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1919 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 28
    Serious question. What competitors are there for battlefield on console other than COD which itself is a different take on an fps?  I'm not talking arena shooters or some fantasy world shooters with characters with magic powers, but just soldier v soldier in a realistic setting. since I bought my PS4, how ever many years ago that was. I have only owned about half a dozen games as I just don't have the time to sink hours into multiple titles- bf4/1/5 a couple FIFA titles and my wife bought me a COD game -infinite warfare I think. No other game have i seen can match BF style gameplay- when it works!  not Overwatch or the Division or.... are there other games out there I haven't noticed?

so in answer to the OP, yes, unless it is shown in the beta to be awful, in which case like FIFA I may just miss a year or two
  • Draxonfly
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I probably will. (If my rig can run it, itsgetting on a bit). BF5 has its issues, but im still haveing a lot of fun playing it, I've enjoyed each battlefield game lots. I find bf5 you got to move slower and team work is very much needed to get through it. I feel they done a good job pushing the series forward.
    So you, as long as it will work on my rig, i will probably get it, im a battlefield fan for life.
  • SithMetal71
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    people state they probably will buy the next game, that's the problem, that's why Dice/EA will always lie to us because they know we will always get the next game. Yet with same issues as last game, it's us who do not learn, we should not continue buying from them until they learn how to treat customers.
  • mrtwotimes
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    people state they probably will buy the next game, that's the problem, that's why Dice/EA will always lie to us because they know we will always get the next game. Yet with same issues as last game, it's us who do not learn, we should not continue buying from them until they learn how to treat customers.
    Or maybe .... just possibly ... most of the general player base can still like and play the game (even with flaws) therefore making money and leading to the next release.
  • spartanx169x
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know I probably won't not for months down the road at least and that's only if it has stellar reviews comparing it to any of the past ACTUALLY FUN Battlefield games, and I sure as hell will not be getting it at all if it's another live service game.

I like everyone else is jumping ship (I did months and months ago I'm on the shore watching it sink like the titanic) and getting the new Modern Warfare because it actually looks damn good giving players what they want.

There was a guy that posted a thread with a vid referring to how one guy went around to each of the teams saying what they need to change or do with God of War, which is a vid I think DICE should watch honestly but it was moved to off-topic to die and not be seen, I know one thing the talent that all previous Battlefield games had isn't here or showing at all in BFV.

I've felt no immersion at all playing BFV which is a big factor for me when I play videogames I didn't even feel any in the sad crappy campaign it has, it also has the worst Battlefield campaign yet imo.

People who are burned out with BFV could try Planetside 2, it's more sci-fi but it feels more Battlefield than BFV ever will.
    To your comment on talent,  I have said for months now that it is obvious that whomever has been in charge of BFV since its very inception has been over their head and lacked the experience to manage the title. I could write a college paper on decisions that were made with no thought what soever to the unintended consequence of those decisions, and  how it has hurt the game from its reveal trailer thru to this very day.  Anybody that thinks otherwise is simply not being truthful with themselves. 

In short the "B" team, maybe even "C" team has made this game. BF is not a game that should  be handed to developers  to teach/give them experience. One particular former COD pro player(mentioning no names) with no developing experience being put in charge of I think gameplay I think has really hurt the game. Just because someone is good with twitch like reflexes does not qualify them  to be in charge of a significant area of a title like BF, a new  untested IP? Maybe,  a lessor known IP, ok. But not BF.  Lastly, based on the number of vacancies that DICESE has had for months now, I would say the real talent has been long gone, and unless EA ponies up a lot of money BF6 -BC3 or whatever it will be called will suffer a similar fate as BFV.  BF as a series can not survive another failure at least not on the heels of BFV. 
  • Noodlesocks
    3060 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would have to be near perfect from beta and have a concrete road map before launch.
  • BrianLocal1
    515 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not me.  I only dig WWII.
  • xpixelbullyx
    1650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ofcourse i will. It drops next month and they call it modern warfare. They have however made massive improvements. Guns feel amazing, character models are tight and hype is there.
  • Wikstone
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Next battlefield might be first one i skip. I dont like sjw stuff in games and all missing things what we had in bf2 - 4. Oh, and they dont want uneducated people to play their games.
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am beyond stunned at the amount of positive responses here, although it's very likely that people who have had an awful experience with this game are now long gone from the forums.

For me, I have zero faith in any game put out by Dice or EA. I've never played a more broken game and it's still not anywhere near where it should have been to be released to the public. More than that though is that Dice and EA have not put adequate resources into rescuing the game. Worse, they've removed resources!

They've removed UK and some US servers for no other reason than to save money. They've removed entire game modes which means they've removed the customer's opportunity to choose. They introduce new modes and then remove them again for "testing". Rather than provide multiple exciting ways to experience the game they go out of their way to annoy customers that like a particular game mode. It appears the "strategy" is to limit the supply of game modes to increase demand??? Well, mission accomplished, demand for Modern Warfare is certainly up!

Then there's Voldemort, the issue that cannot be named and how rampant that is. Absolutely zero resources going into dealing with that issue and that is unforgivable.

So no, I won't be purchasing any future games from Dice or EA because I can't trust them. They have no integrity.
  • Colonel_Kilgore1
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Like most everyone else here no.  It will be the first one I do not pre-order period.  I've preordered every one from the very beginning.  The handling of this game has been a complete failure.  Go back to the old bad company or BF4 formula.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 28
    I really think EA/Dice admitting they screwed up BFV is something I want more than new maps or fixing the bugs. By admitting I mean come out and say:

"We've cancelled any further development for BFV as we have completely and utterly screwed up this game beyond repair and are now 100% focussed on BF2020".