Battlefield V Chapter 4: Defying the Odds Week #10 - Axis Offensive Overview

Braddock512
1517 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
Grab the “Winterkrieg” Epic headgear, play some Breakthrough, and rank up your ToW Chapter 4 XP .

Let’s look at the tasks. Remember that the exact mission requirements can be found in game in the Tides of War menu.

Matchmaking via the ToW Nodes will put you in the Axis Breakthrough Playlist with all Breakthrough layouts where attackers are German.
  • Rotterdam
  • Devastation
  • Panzerstorm
  • Arras
  • Twisted Steel
  • Marita
  • Mercury

FIRECRACKER - 4,000 CHAPTER XP
Inflict 250 damage using explosives.

SECTOR SECURED - 4,000 CHAPTER XP
Capture 2 objectives.

POINTS FOR TRYING - 4,000 CHAPTER XP
Earn 3500 objective score.

CARPENTER - 4,000 CHAPTER XP
Build 15 fortifications in objective areas.

GLORY HOUNDS - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
Earn 15000 score as Assault or Recon.

DIRTY WORK - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
Earn 15000 score as Medic or Support.

ZERO-SUM GAME - 25,000 CHAPTER XP
Kill or down enemies or revive teammates 40 times.

TROPHY HUNTERS - 25,000 CHAPTER XP
As a squad kill or down 20 enemies with headshots.

– Braddock512

Enter mankind’s greatest conflict now with the Battlefield™ V Deluxe Edition or Standard Edition on Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and PC. Play the full game with Origin Access Premier or try it first for 10 hours with EA Access or Origin Access Basic*.

Sign up today to receive the latest Battlefield news, updates, behind-the-scenes content, exclusive offers, and more (including other EA news, products, events, and promotions) by email.

Follow Battlefield on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Hop in and join the Battlefield Community on the Battlefield Forums, and discuss with us on Reddit and Discord.

*CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY. SEE
ea.com/ea-access/terms AND origin.com/store/origin-access/terms FOR DETAILS. © 2019 Electronic Arts Inc.

Comments

• TheRealOwn_
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well If this ain't motivating..
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This seems like a very random rotation... it's just breakthrough with less maps available?..............

I'm so excited for when you get to crack a bottle of real good whiskey when you finally get to celebrate a few pieces of good news in a row braddock...
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    god am i happy we get yet another cosmetic. its not like the game is already stock full with cosmetics that make steam-punk fans scratch their head....
  • F1sherOrigin
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stop with the whining. It's still summer, and of course they keep the most important content and complex assignments to autumn, when people return from vacations. 
  • newcomer30
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes,more cosmetics,i like this stuff!
    Mayby visible on a Fashion week?
  • jroggs
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Matchmaking via the ToW Nodes will put you in the Axis Breakthrough Playlist with all Breakthrough layouts where attackers are German.
    • Arras
    The Battle of Arras was an Allied attack, not a German one.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stop with the whining. It's still summer, and of course they keep the most important content and complex assignments to autumn, when people return from vacations. 

if that were the onyl problem we are having atm i'd be thrilled but alas wherever you look at BFV you will find multiple cans of worms sitting atop more cans of worms
  • johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yay another dumb head gear/ pointless TOW reward. Love this game!  :D
  • THECOMMANDER66
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yay. Cosmetics. Those devs are working HARD. Cosmetics was probably the dumbest addition to BF. Those cosmetic devs COULD be working on maps, vehicles, weapons, bugs. Instead, they’re coding My Lil Pony hairstyles for the female WW2 tank drivers that Britain and Germany had lots of. True story.
  • infected_ink
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    .................... 😂 🤣
  • FragbaitDax
    223 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yay. Cosmetics. Those devs are working HARD. Cosmetics was probably the dumbest addition to BF. Those cosmetic devs COULD be working on maps, vehicles, weapons, bugs. Instead, they’re coding My Lil Pony hairstyles for the female WW2 tank drivers that Britain and Germany had lots of. True story.
    So hang on... you believe that digital artists that work on the visual elements of the game would also be your coding bug fixers? If so then your as out of touch as the strategic leads on this game!

Are cosmetics in the game in it's current state awesome? Of course not. Are they preventing the allocation of resources to fixing the most broken aspects of the game? Also, of course not.

One of two things are happening right now:

1. Rather than invest resources on awesome TOW weekly rewards and game play the Devs are dedicating their efforts to resolving the main issues with the game. That's a win.
    2. Rather than invest resources on awesome TOW weekly rewards and game play the studio has moved into caretaker mode for the game, written it off as unsalvageable and have shifted resources to another property to try and save their bacon. That's a definite loss.

Right now, we don't actually know but the TOW weekly rewards are not really the issue here either way. By all means, state your opinion about whether you like them or not, but they are not the cause of all the woes for the game and there are plenty of other threads that genuinely deal with those issues. 
  • KrullBorg
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    news about patch 4.4.4?
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't care much for breakthrough.  What are grind and fortress about?
  • Noodlesocks
    3527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg said:
    news about patch 4.4.4?
    They have to make an announcement for the news about the patch first.
  • Godmodegta
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm bit concern, has there been word, That DICE know the plan for Roadmap and sorted all the confusion?
  • sandmannbk
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Where is RUSH????. Taking out one of the best modes crazy people 😆. Work on RENTAL SERVERS and HARDCORE too. work on that and maybe you'll get people play bfv again just maybe. Priority make BATTLEFIELD great again.
  • CT1924
    1124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see people raging over this new cosmetic, but thing is eveyone needs to chill. It's actually a fairly new and nice looking cosmetic. That said, if everything is cosmetic, then the appeal is lost. Dice should consider dropping a supressed pistol next week. Adjust stats, add the supressor on the barell, change the sound, make us get 5 kills with it fr a challenge, and we will be happy. As long as it deals good damage. We want new pistols, and this will help make everything else seem nicer. And I must say, are you adding Russia in a surprise drop? I mean, all this winter gear... If so, 80,000 req lets a squad call in winter if they are the Russians, freezing enemy vehicles for 10 minutes. Health regeneration of the enemy also stops. @Braddock512, I hope you get to take a break soon. You have earned it. :)
  • Hawxxeye
    7058 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am trying but it is rather hard to stay motivated to do the ToW stuff over leveling my human warrior when the end reward is a cosmetic while the game desperately needs new gameplay content instead of skins.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg said:
    news about patch 4.4.4?
    Westie tweeted out we may get 4.4 tomorrow.  So rank 500 and two tiny maps and the foot step sound bug fix for sure.  Then sometime this month we also get 4.5 which is RSP and hopefully Al Sundan conquest.