Community self-sabotaging BFV? Time to share some positive vibes!

Comments

• DasScharminkel
    78 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DasScharminkel the "We" was snark, ForumField is a game to me - just trying to be funny.  No offense intended.
    nah, all good, none taken. being an arena shooter guy here on the forums puts me in an isolated position argument-wise per se, so why would i be offended.

what really does though are team mates like yesterday *sigh* 3 guys of my own to the left so one would think you´d be in the clear checking right, but noooo. 2 enemies squeeze through. stuff like that happens rather often and i know to my core not to rely on public people, but come on, 3 guys with the same clan tag, you can expect at least something =)
  • FoxFerocity
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i am one of those "older" gamers that put their heart and soul into arena shooters and literally lived them.
    bf1942 was a nice addition to the routine back then and with your aim and speed used to quake and ut you could get a huge edge over your competition since the game and its physics allowed for it

so personally i am in that team that enjoys the speed bf v has now in terms of movement. sliding and such.
    to me it is a nice tool to let someone more skilled shine and literally tear appart whole groups of enemies.

yeah you could say i applaud and cheer for that rambo player, because those rambos carry entiry games and put 
    their opponents to shame piling up proned and bipodding, whole plattoons at a time.

a major reason i quit bf 1 was that after the movement nerf it felt so sluggish and slow, unrewarding and frustratimg and more than anything catered to a slower more campy style of gameplay.

realism has no place in a game were people measure various skills because for all i know this guy could be a god at aiming if only the "realistic" gameplay would allow him to move and perform at his maximum efficiency.
    if the game puts shackles onto him though, he's being dragged down to the lowest comon denominator, aka the casuals, lest they feel bad about their inability to perform on the same level.

sure the netcode can use some work and more often than not i end up sliding behind cover flawlessly only to have the magic bullet tracing me. though i know the netcode decided that the bullet hit me before i started my maneuver.
    yep i get outaimed up close, but guess what, its my fault, my inability for i have the lesser reflexes and aim in that situation. but instead of brushing it of to a faulty game i let it gnaw on me, shove it around in my mind for days at a time until i find a solution, aka proper training and improving myself.
    right now i think about a scene on marita were i ended up dead and ponder how to not duplicate the same mistake 
    in future matches.

if anything i'd get rid of stats all together, at least on some servers, for at long last i'd like to play and try some stuff at ease like the old days, when your butt was not constantly monitored.
    besides up until now i never did an assignment "on purpose" when it got into the way of winning or maintaining aa certain kd / kpm. perfomance first and always.
    i dont care for skins or other "schnickschnack" plus i dont need 20 maps either.
    back in the day i played 3 maps in q3. that being q3tourney2, dm6 and if i'm not mistaken dm14. for literally years. i can play devastation for weeks on end if my flow is good and i get into that smooth zone were you move so fluently around your targets it feels like a dance.

sure bf 1942 had huge maps were you were walking around for ages until you saw some action. and guess what?  
    we prefered the smaller ones like stalingrad, berlin or kharkov, sometimes bocage where the action was good and fast paced.

what good is hamada or twisted steel, even if i like the atmosphere of the later, if you get sniped, proned and slowed down every few meters?

in the end i enjoy bf v for how ever long the current movement and speed lasts. should it get nerfed like bf 1 i'll be off to faster pastures.
    cheers.

I am glad to read about your experience and that you are one of the few people here that actually seem to enjoy it!
    I quit BF1 for those reasons as well! I guess the changes made me welcome BFV!
  • FoxFerocity
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    a major reason i quit bf 1 was that after the movement nerf it felt so sluggish and slow, unrewarding and frustratimg and more than anything catered to a slower more campy style of gameplay.

sure the netcode can use some work and more often than not i end up sliding behind cover flawlessly only to have the magic bullet tracing me. though i know the netcode decided that the bullet hit me before i started my maneuver.
    yep i get outaimed up close, but guess what, its my fault, my inability for i have the lesser reflexes and aim in that situation. but instead of brushing it of to a faulty game i let it gnaw on me, shove it around in my mind for days at a time until i find a solution, aka proper training and improving myself.
    right now i think about a scene on marita were i ended up dead and ponder how to not duplicate the same mistake 
    in future matches.

Can't agree more with this!
  • FoxFerocity
    edited August 2019

Check out this video out! Let me know what you think! I do agree 100% with this dude about this situation!
    The hate feeds you, and the hate make you feed of each others hate! So much unnecessary hate! If the community would be loving the game tomorrow, believe me the Youtubers would turn just as quick, if the Youtubers would love the game tomorrow, then the community would turn just as quick.

One example:

Before the update getting delayed: DICE should take their time to make sure the content is of high quality!
    Now when the update got delayed: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!! I GIVE UP, I WILL UNINSTALL!! THE GAME IS DEAD! THE GAME IS FAILING!

Talk about being over dramatic, it got only ''delayed'' by one week! Dice listens and they gave the community what it wanted! Also removing 5v5 to focus on the core game, is also something the community wanted!
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Check out this video out! Let me know what you think! I do agree 100% with this dude about this situation!

no i do not agree with his statement. BFV is in a bad place and it has been since the BETA.
    DICE screwed up on BFV no questions about that the game is rushed, poorly thought out, poorly implementation, cosmetics that make even the die hard steam-punk fans shake their heads and laugh about this.
    i don't care about stock prizes or any of that but i do care about getting a game that works as intended. BFV does not. or at least not consistent enough.
    DICE needs to be called out on this mess. now don't go out and insult the devs. but criticism if criticism is due and they deserve it at this point.
    and the point he makes about BF4 was much worse does not make up for this mess.
    i can't get away scotch free with a robbery if i killed a man previously. two bads don't make a right if the first was worse.
    rose tinted glasses have been off long enough for DICE and they need to take responsibility.
  • M_Rat13
    1464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Without factoring the bugs
    The maps are more boring and fewer than ever before.
    The class balance is at an especially bad with assault towering over the rest.
    The soldier movement is even faster than before with lots of ADADAD spamming and people moving like it is an arena shooter.
    Now the elephant in the room. The vehicles have taken such a harassment in BFV that if they were people they would sue the devs for "sensual" assault.
    The tanks have been crippled by slow speed a slower and more restricted in firing angle turret. 
    They also suffer from even more compromised mobility from taking damage everywhere on their body, making survival an even more grim prospect.
    Attrition has hit tanks the hardest as they depend on either external repair for damage or special sparely distributed destructible stations. Their ammo is also subject to the same  ordeal only it is as bad or weaker than previous games.
    A tank needs to constantly go back and forth between station and the front every 1-2 moderate engagements unless they chose to follow the meta and camp on a vantage point.
    The planes have started with being  dangerous but fragile to being borderline ineffectual unless you have a recon spamming flares allowing for very precise ground attacks. Many bombs have such small blast radius that they might actually be sacks of flour instead of bombs.
    Many people who have spend enough time in planes will tell you how the flight physics are bad and allow very little room to outplay an enemy who is on your tail.
    To top the vehicle issues up, there is also faction imbalance in favor of the British.
    The sky is dominated by the Cheesefire VA and even the ground attack potential is slightly in favor of the Brits after the blenheim buff. The 6 pounder mosquito also has bombs while the 75mm JU88C has not yet they were nerfed equally in their cannon blast radius.
    The ground is owned by Valentine tanks of the 6 pounder and Archer variety (which still has HE shells that do more direct damage than the APCR ones).
    I do not even need to get into the visibility issues and their decision to put a dark tint on the reflector sights/front plane gun sights.
    So I am trying to say that the game has a metric ton of design flaws without accounting for the bugs. As someone who made the mistake to fork about 100 euros for this game I am trying to do my best to give feedback and try to help sort this mess out but their refusal to communicate is wearing me down.

I almost thought you were talking about BF4 in your first paragraph lol. Speaking of BF4, I'd rather have BFV vehicles, than BF4 vehicles. Nothing worse than being chased by hover tank you can barely scratch the paint off of, or a helicopter strafe you the entire match with nearly zero repercussions. And don't even get me started on how dogfights are determined in a fraction of a second. Anyway, point is, I'm tired of people praising BF4 over BFV, when BFV is probably equal to it. Yes, that's right, equal.
  • FoxFerocity

no i do not agree with his statement. BFV is in a bad place and it has been since the BETA.
    DICE screwed up on BFV no questions about that the game is rushed, poorly thought out, poorly implementation, cosmetics that make even the die hard steam-punk fans shake their heads and laugh about this.
    i don't care about stock prizes or any of that but i do care about getting a game that works as intended. BFV does not. or at least not consistent enough.
    DICE needs to be called out on this mess. now don't go out and insult the devs. but criticism if criticism is due and they deserve it at this point.
    i can't get away scotch free with a robbery if i killed a man previously. two bads don't make a right if the first was worse.
    rose tinted glasses have been off long enough for DICE and they need to take responsibility.

We do call them, we really have called them out enough lately! DICE knows what is going on, what i am saying is that negativity isn't a key to success, as there is need for positivity too!
    When do you ever see something positive about this game or anything in this community anymore? If we can't believe the game will be better, then why the hell are we even here caring?
    There is positive people in the community, like myself! I know the issues, we all do! I just don't see this game becoming better with only negativity!

Punish DICE for their sins! We need to move on if anything and look into the future, yes use criticism if criticism is due but to just say the same things over and over again over like YES we already know what they did, lets see what this game can become! DICE will take their responsibility, look at Battlefront 2 and everyone said that it is dead, but holy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that game made a comeback! It had a community that still cared for that game, so that game still lives on! So will BF! So what does the actual community of Battlefield want? To be stuck, complaining about the same thing and never move on? We know for a fact the game is rushed, and all the other issues, so on and so on, but let's be real here, the game is already released and we can't take make it unreleased, so if you care about the game, show them some support too, it doesn't have to be so black and white.
  • n1ghtskynet
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    I totally agree and I see that a lot of players are bad at the game they don't play as a team sometimes I have to carry my teammates that camp as attackers and people cried about being bombed by planes at launch instead of getting good and trying to counter them
    There is also some meme strat I do and not that much people try these like dynamite jeeps are still a thing that we can do this with towable AA guns it's really fun on panzerstorm I saw only one person doing this on youtube so players should try to learn maps and strats instead of crying and complaining about the same things over and over again which is useless and doesn't help DICE to improve the game They should report bugs and give improvement ideas to DICE it's not with a 10 minute rant video saying the same thing from months ago that the game will improve

Here is a strat that I rarely see in game : 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGrPeu_4_sA

• SlowOldWarrior
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    The soldier movement is even faster than before with lots of ADADAD spamming and people moving like it is an arena shooter.
    Now the elephant in the room. The vehicles have taken such a harassment in BFV that if they were people they would sue the devs for "sensual" assault.
    The tanks have been crippled by slow speed a slower and more restricted in firing angle turret. 
    They also suffer from even more compromised mobility from taking damage everywhere on their body, making survival an even more grim prospect.
    Attrition has hit tanks the hardest as they depend on either external repair for damage or special sparely distributed destructible stations. Their ammo is also subject to the same  ordeal only it is as bad or weaker than previous games.
    A tank needs to constantly go back and forth between station and the front every 1-2 moderate engagements unless they chose to follow the meta and camp on a vantage point.
    The planes have started with being  dangerous but fragile to being borderline ineffectual unless you have a recon spamming flares allowing for very precise ground attacks. Many bombs have such small blast radius that they might actually be sacks of flour instead of bombs.
    Many people who have spend enough time in planes will tell you how the flight physics are bad and allow very little room to outplay an enemy who is on your tail.
    To top the vehicle issues up, there is also faction imbalance in favor of the British.
    The sky is dominated by the Cheesefire VA and even the ground attack potential is slightly in favor of the Brits after the blenheim buff. The 6 pounder mosquito also has bombs while the 75mm JU88C has not yet they were nerfed equally in their cannon blast radius.
    The ground is owned by Valentine tanks of the 6 pounder and Archer variety (which still has HE shells that do more direct damage than the APCR ones).
    I do not even need to get into the visibility issues and their decision to put a dark tint on the reflector sights/front plane gun sights.
    So I am trying to say that the game has a metric ton of design flaws without accounting for the bugs. As someone who made the mistake to fork about 100 euros for this game I am trying to do my best to give feedback and try to help sort this mess out but their refusal to communicate is wearing me down.

I almost thought you were talking about BF4 in your first paragraph lol. Speaking of BF4, I'd rather have BFV vehicles, than BF4 vehicles. Nothing worse than being chased by hover tank you can barely scratch the paint off of, or a helicopter strafe you the entire match with nearly zero repercussions. And don't even get me started on how dogfights are determined in a fraction of a second. Anyway, point is, I'm tired of people praising BF4 over BFV, when BFV is probably equal to it. Yes, that's right, equal.
    Hear!  Hear!  Equal to BF4...?  Heck no, BF5 is better than BF4.  BFV is BGE!  

Yes, that's right, BF5 Best Game Evaaaaah!

What's next, BFV has too many maps?  We should consider ourselves lucky to get this many maps.  Yes, that's right, too many awesome maps.  So many ingrates on this board full of haters!  

I find your reference to hover tanks especially rich,  they came out in the fifth and final expansion pack - just under a year after the game was released.  Do you want me to itemize all the maps in each of those five updates?  (Hint: BF4>>>>BF5)

Yep, BF5 problems are due to this communities self-sabotage - this community that the developers are not even aware of, and oblivious to any of their own organization's road map contents?  BF5 is great!

Go cash your EA Game Changer apologist tokens elsewhere.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Punish DICE for their sins! We need to move on .........

look at Battlefront 2 and everyone said that it is dead, but holy **** that game made a comeback! It had a community that still cared for that game, so that game still lives on! So will BF!

So what does the actual community of Battlefield want? .........

We know for a fact the game is rushed, and all the other issues, so on and so on, but let's be real here, the game is already released and we can't take make it unreleased, .......

so if you care about the game, show them some support too, it doesn't have to be so black and white.
    Hi,
    People have moved on, with the game less than 1 year old, people have left. 

Never purchased Battlefront's but DICE seem to, for some reason, put in mechanics/logic that are utter rubbish. Every game. Persistently. 

The community wants a game that is relatively bug free, or that the bugs are removed early on after sale, so people can play the game. The entire idea of Battlefield is that you are shooting the opponent. If you cannot see the opponent, then the game fails. 

BF1 was released October 2016, so they had 2 years to get it right. 

They have peoples money. Why don't they fix the bugs, rather then deliver cosmetics and small number of maps ?

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

We do call them, we really have called them out enough lately! DICE knows what is going on, what i am saying is that negativity isn't a key to success, as there is need for positivity too!
    When do you ever see something positive about this game or anything in this community anymore? If we can't believe the game will be better, then why the hell are we even here caring?
    There is positive people in the community, like myself! I know the issues, we all do! I just don't see this game becoming better with only negativity!

Punish DICE for their sins! We need to move on if anything and look into the future, yes use criticism if criticism is due but to just say the same things over and over again over like YES we already know what they did, lets see what this game can become! DICE will take their responsibility, look at Battlefront 2 and everyone said that it is dead, but holy **** that game made a comeback! It had a community that still cared for that game, so that game still lives on! So will BF! So what does the actual community of Battlefield want? To be stuck, complaining about the same thing and never move on? We know for a fact the game is rushed, and all the other issues, so on and so on, but let's be real here, the game is already released and we can't take make it unreleased, so if you care about the game, show them some support too, it doesn't have to be so black and white.

well i for myself have been calling out the issues since the ALPHA and i am getting sick and tired of DICE prioritizing their monetization over the gameplay. i've simply had it and i can't stress this enough its been 9 months and only lately have they decided to make stability a  priority?
    i am all for positivity but lately (for 9 months) there has been almost no improvements been made and everytime they did improve one thing two others broke
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hey! :)

What really happened with this community? Except for all the bugs and the performance then i feel like we got a good game!!There is things that this game is lacking, but the game will need time! That's for sure, it hasn't been out for a whole year yet, that seems like a lot for all of you but it isn't really!
    I feel like a lot of people that were new to the Franchise with BF1, really hates BFV? Am i wrong here? I didn't like BF1 at all but in the end it became better than the start, for sure!Now people treat BF1 like it is a god among Battlefield games or something, it was fine but really BFV is better in my opinion! BF1 was too 1 man army kind of crap, but what it did good was the very immersive feeling of being part of a big war!

I just feel like people jumped quickly on the bandwagon, as people have wanted this game to fail from the very beginning, and i felt like DICE were trying to put this game into the right direction, for us older fans!There is many things that BFV changed, that i really love!  BUT never have i seen so many toxic people in this community, and i am afraid that we are and have already self-sabotaged our own game! The same thing happened with Hardline, it was a great game with a lot of potential but majority of people decided to hate it and ruin it for those who liked it, then DICE quit to support the game.
    I know this game could be in a better position but DICE have turned it around many times before, don't anyone remember that??

I wanna give some love to the things that they did great in BFV: the attrition system and i love the spotting system, God they made it so much more fun, also more frustrating but also more fun! The realistic approach helps bring out the war feeling for me instead of seeing big red dots all the time, everything you do now in BFV has consequences and you gotta Cooperate, and it is so much fun with a great team work and a nailed gun play, the best gun play i have ever seen in a game!
    I wish they stay on this approach and stand their ground on what they want this game to be, this is just some of the things that i feel is taken for granted, with all the negativity around!SO time to see some things from more of a positive angle and id love if people share some positivity and their own thoughts!
    Does anyone else feel like this or am i totally a minority? Don't get me wrong here, as this is just one view of seeing this situation.
    Have a nice day Battlefield comrades!

Why sugar coat a bag of dogs cr*p ?
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah if I took a dump on my neighbours garden I highly doubt he would compliment me on it's lovely smell.
  • M_Rat13
    1464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    Hawxxeye said:

Hear!  Hear!  Equal to BF4...?  Heck no, BF5 is better than BF4.  BFV is BGE!  

Yes, that's right, BF5 Best Game Evaaaaah!

What's next, BFV has too many maps?  We should consider ourselves lucky to get this many maps.  Yes, that's right, too many awesome maps.  So many ingrates on this board full of haters!  

I find your reference to hover tanks especially rich,  they came out in the fifth and final expansion pack - just under a year after the game was released.  Do you want me to itemize all the maps in each of those five updates?  (Hint: BF4>>>>BF5)

Yep, BF5 problems are due to this communities self-sabotage - this community that the developers are not even aware of, and oblivious to any of their own organization's road map contents?  BF5 is great!

Go cash your EA Game Changer apologist tokens elsewhere.

I'm saying I actually enjoy BFV when bugs aren't happening. I never enjoyed BF4. And I honestly can't tell the difference between the hover tank and normal tanks in BF4, that's how cartoonish movement speed is for vehicles in BF4.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Quality s post
  • BogMogg
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is OK, but not grabbed my long term attention. Too much random action.
    BF4 was my favourite game in the franchise, tactical, fast paced and nice progression and UI. Also much better maps and variety.

I think BFV is just a game to tide over to the next release, where you are bored and want to spend on the next game.
    Let's face it, this is the new gaming industry model. alf baked game, done in 1 year, sell the next one.
    Shows in BFV depth or lack of, still an OK game though, I mean it's BF... tanks, guns, planes... always ticks my boxes. 
  • Mrcleanjeans
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dig this game. Must be hard to develop for such a huge community. The haters blow.
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dig this game. Must be hard to develop for such a huge community. The haters blow.

Here have a tissue, wipe that brown stuff of your nose.
  • NN_Buzz12
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Positive - I will never pay full price for another EA game! Nice job EA. Another positive? EA’s effort to cleanse the forums has improved the game.

I wanted the game to succeed and I would likely still be playing today looking past the bugs. EA/Dice or whoever, left the door wide open for illegitimate players. We need to accept worms in our apples because worms Ca he found in apples, right? By aiming low they got the result they wanted. Enjoy.

A negative post may be positive or neutral in someone else’s eyes. An opinion is just an opinion. None of us are special in EA’s eyes. We’re potential revenue to EA, nothing more and nothing less.