Modern warfare sucks BF has nothing to worry about

Comments

• Draxonfly
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People that 'quit' bf5 months ago, what are you still doing here complaining?? Weirdos.. :p
    Im interested in the new cod for sure. Any fps fan would be, looking good, and i might get it. I just a fan of gaming. 
    But i really enjoy bf5 and the whole bf series, even if i do move on for a little while, just for something different for a bit, ill be back for sure. 
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Won't be many left to go back to if cod is a succes. At present it's already underwhelming.
  • Kompura
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Very rarely I see anything positive in BF forums but still people are playing BFV and posts a lot but mostly negative. Negative attitude won't bring anything good so if you don't like the franchise, go away and do something else that makes you happy. There are also those people who don't even play the game and are still whining, lambs who do it because they are not having opinion themselves but follows others opinions. I'm having already more than 700 hours playing BFV and still liking it. Yes it has flaws but it's still the best fps I've played. Who cares about mistakes on some stupid roadmaps or if some assignment is not counting.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    419 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Feedback, negative and positive, is definitely needed.

What gets a bit tiring though, is that people keep making the same cry-threads with a little different title, but essentially the same content, day after day after day... instead of posting their views in one of the hundreds already on the forums.

Also, most positive threads are instantly bombarded with negative replies, even though those views have been already expresses plenty of times before in countless other threads.

Constant negativity is fatiguing to read, so I'd imagine it's very taxing to feel that way constantly about something, even more so if it's about something you (used to) love.
  • Kompura
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I make one positive comment about BFV and instantly people are trying to convince me that I'm wrong, having rose tinted glasses, low standards and so on LOL. I've played BF franchise from the beginning and in my opinion this version is not worse than earlier versions. Every single one has had their problems but currently BFV works buttery smooth in my rig and is pleasure to play. Yes, there can be positive and constructively negative comments but no solely negative as it poisons everything. If you're unhappy about something, say it BUT at the same time tell how it should be done or be silent and go away. There's so much negative in this world and especially in social media that it's miracle human kind still exists...

• NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Also, most positive threads are instantly bombarded with negative replies, even though those views have been already expresses plenty of times before in countless other threads.

This thread tried to be negative, but I see a lot of positivity in it ... just not about BF but about some other game ...
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    The new COD will probably interest BF3/4 fans. Well, that's not to say I'm not interested myself, just that I play COD because it's COD, and Battlefield because it's Battlefield. I don't jump between franchises like BF3/4 players did and now will do again (to go back to COD), because I understand what actually makes both franchises great, which is probably why I like the look of the new COD, as it looks like what COD used to be and was known for. 
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    419 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    This thread tried to be negative, but I see a lot of positivity in it ... just not about BF but about some other game ...

My comment wasn't specific to this thread, but about the overall interaction I've noticed on the forums.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I reserve judgement for a full beta. The 2v2 is fun to some extent but not the mode for me.
    2v2 on very small maps with the average range of engagement less than ten meters.........High school interns could not screw that up.  I watched my son play it for hours.  It was not that exciting.  Spawn, engage almost instantly and the round is over in 30 seconds or less.  Not my cup of tea.  
  • KIIXXVI
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Kompura said:
    Very rarely I see anything positive in BF forums but still people are playing BFV and posts a lot but mostly negative. Negative attitude won't bring anything good so if you don't like the franchise, go away and do something else that makes you happy. There are also those people who don't even play the game and are still whining, lambs who do it because they are not having opinion themselves but follows others opinions. I'm having already more than 700 hours playing BFV and still liking it. Yes it has flaws but it's still the best fps I've played. Who cares about mistakes on some stupid roadmaps or if some assignment is not counting.
    I agree with you I have over 900+ hours played on BFV and I am enjoying it everyday even with the few minor bugs. It is not as bad as BF1 was for me, my rig couldn't handle it most of the time and even then I still played a lot of BF1. But in my opinion BFV is way better and fun to play alone or with friends. The one thing I do not like is Conquest in this series I mostly play Breakthrough / Squad Conquest and Grand Operations (Although I did enjoy BF1 Grand Ops a bit more than this new one)
  • -Antares65z
    1789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Speaking of the forums, I've never seen them this dead before.
    I think we've pretty much beaten to death our distaste in the last few games, the killing off of communities with the removal of a good RSP, making it harder to play with friends in their latest game and the big question marks surrounding the future of the Battlefield series. What more is there to talk about? :-)  Reddit BF1 is more active. 
  • OutOfMyWayKid
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2019
    People who haven't played a true battlefield game yet/ people who started with BFV will probably get sold by COD:MW, others I don't think so. Have you actually seen MW vehicle mechanics? I was expecting something close to BF4, but what I saw is absolutely pathetic.  Also, the signature immersive battlefield ambiance is nowhere to be found in MW. nobody talks, nobody screams, just a few gunfire sounds here and there.  I prefer battlefield games because of the full battlefield experience they provide.  
    Post edited by OutOfMyWayKid on
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    People who haven't played a true battlefield game yet/ people who started with BFV will probably get sold by COD:MW, others I don't think so. Have you actually seen MW vehicle mechanics? They are absolutely pathetic. Also, the signature immersive battlefield ambiance is nowhere to be found in MW. nobody talks, nobody screams, just a few gunfire sounds here and there.  I prefer battlefield games because of the full battlefield experience they provide.  

I'll take what I can get with semi large player battles on console to feed my fix even if the vehicle controls suck, but you know what else sucks? BFV vehicle gameplay it's the worst it's ever been in a Battlefield game.

And a side note DICE had a clear agenda with BFV you or anyone else can't deny that, they have on rose tinted glasses thinking that their PC SJW agenda would sit well with the majority of the Battlefield community.

I've been playing Battlefield since 1942 and Bad Company on 360, and BFV is definitely by far at the bottom of my list for Battlefield games if I had to even put it anywhere in it.

And funny you mention the ambience for Battlefield because I haven't felt it or seen it or felt any immersion whatsoever at all in the 100 hours I put into BFV trying to get my money's worth out of it.

Edit; Not pointing out anyone in particular but I think quite a bit of people on here are ignorant if they think BFV is the highlight of this franchise, it's like the new battlefront games they're pretty to look at but suck overall imo.
  • SirBobdk
    5319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I've been playing Battlefield since 1942 and Bad Company on 360, and BFV is definitely by far at the bottom of my list for Battlefield games if I had to even put it anywhere in it.
    This.
    First game in the series where I simply gave up. Haven't played much since late june.
    Vehicles play in BFV is just a shadow of what it once was. BFV is an infantry game with a few vehicles of no significance to the gameplay.
    Even as an infantry game it's just so bad imo.
    So if Cod succeed in creating a game with larger maps and 20x20 it would probably be far better than Dice attempt to make an infantry game.

• MarauderFox
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The worse BFV gets, the more people praise COD
    The closer we get to CODs release; the more people try to hype it

COD will be forgotten within a week of release when everyone realises its tiny maps, small TTKs with no counterplay and terrible ''''vehicles''''' are the same as every other COD
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    The worse BFV gets, the more people praise COD
    The closer we get to CODs release; the more people try to hype it

COD will be forgotten within a week of release when everyone realises its tiny maps, small TTKs with no counterplay and terrible ''''vehicles''''' are the same as every other COD

Enlighten us on all the large war maps you played on, I have had a hell of a lot more fun with CoD WW2 than I ever have with BFV, and BFV can't hold a candle to CoD WaW. Modern Warfare looks good and sounds good and they're starting to lean more into Battlefield like gameplay territory and I'll definitely support that.

Also don't be thirsty boys just because a female said something jumping to her defense.
    Post edited by TropicPoison on
This discussion has been closed.