Community self-sabotaging BFV? Time to share some positive vibes!

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Don't people know that it's immoral to shoot anyone on a tractor? That's like killing a spy crab in TF2. You just don't do that. That boys rifle user should be permabanned.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Look, if DICE were smart they would realize BAD PR, Bad decisions for this game ans live service is what ultimately screwed this game. I don't think its the worst game, I personally feel it just brings nothing new to the table for the franchise. I understand alot of the weapons from WW1 were used in WW2, but the Ribeyerolls!! Come on, that right their shows you guys are just copy pasting stuff, and also, you guys should have NEVER added the Political agenda in the game. The misson with the girl in Norway was a complete fabrication, and made uo story, thosebwere British soldiers thay did that mission, you guys could have used a soviet union mission for woman, our even a French woman part of the resistance. Personally I liked the French story, as it was a real thing, but you could have done that for all parties,not just political fueled campaigns. So, DICE of you guys were thinking, the best thing to do from here is to show you heard the complaints, to show that you are listening, the only way to redeem your image is with a new title, a new change, and a POSITIVE one at that. Everyone wants either Cold war setting our modern for the next title, me personally, would love to see your guys take on an alternate cold war gone hot setting, as no one has seen a large scale game with a cold war setting. Similar to how you guys did BF1..
    Long story short, you guys need to make a positive comeback.
    from a real fan..
    Post edited by HawkeyeAM47 on
  • SlowOldWarrior
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    DICE isn't "snart", they aren't smart either.

Also from a real fan.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    DICE isn't "snart", they aren't smart either.

Also from a real fan.

Lol had to edit that
  • sunshooter
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Someone abviously has battered wife syndrome. You're just excusing dices bad behavior and trying to pass the buck off on the communities feedback on their lack-luster performance. Weak and complacent community members like you are whats part of holding us back. Grow a spine. 
  • BaronVonGoon
    7068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I guess things could be worse. I mean look at the like/dislike ratio lol. There's an actual slot machine in the game.

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I guess things could be worse. I mean look at the like/dislike ratio lol. There's an actual slot machine in the game.

This trailer is somehow worse than the BFV reveal trailer ... what a remarkable feat.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    So, DICE of you guys were thinking, the best thing to do from here is to show you heard the complaints, to show that you are listening, ..
    Hi,
    If you read the glassdoor write up of what it is like working for DICE, then i think the office politics are a reason for BFV being the way that it is. The people making the logic/mechanics decisions about the game are probably non-gamers, thinking something is cool, but turns out to be rubbish, or frustrating.

Or that there is an advantage which has no countermeasure.

Also, they never seem to think like a cheating/abusive gamer - that is, how can someone misuse the existing mechanics/logic, for what it was NOT intended to be used for, and exploit that. Example- BF4 bunny hopping, using auto-aim/rotation to snap to a player, getting instant kills. No skill required, the computer program does it all for you. 

Another one - once all the buildings are destroyed, where does the infantry have to hide/shelter ?. On Golmud, unless you are in a vehicle - you really stand no chance if there are helicopters above, or tanks etc. So, how can you take cover, and then surprise a tank with C4 ?

I don't think we will ever know how BFV happened, only that they do not listen to the community here, or do they ?

I can see why they release the games near thanksgiving - they are all turkeys.....  :D

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
  • BaronVonGoon
    7068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    This trailer is somehow worse than the BFV reveal trailer ... what a remarkable feat.

NBA 2k actually just deleted the trailer from YouTube lol
  • ragnarok013
    3967 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    M_Rat13 said:
    M_Rat13 said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Without factoring the bugs
    The maps are more boring and fewer than ever before.
    The class balance is at an especially bad with assault towering over the rest.
    The soldier movement is even faster than before with lots of ADADAD spamming and people moving like it is an arena shooter.
    Now the elephant in the room. The vehicles have taken such a harassment in BFV that if they were people they would sue the devs for "sensual" assault.
    The tanks have been crippled by slow speed a slower and more restricted in firing angle turret. 
    They also suffer from even more compromised mobility from taking damage everywhere on their body, making survival an even more grim prospect.
    Attrition has hit tanks the hardest as they depend on either external repair for damage or special sparely distributed destructible stations. Their ammo is also subject to the same  ordeal only it is as bad or weaker than previous games.
    A tank needs to constantly go back and forth between station and the front every 1-2 moderate engagements unless they chose to follow the meta and camp on a vantage point.
    The planes have started with being  dangerous but fragile to being borderline ineffectual unless you have a recon spamming flares allowing for very precise ground attacks. Many bombs have such small blast radius that they might actually be sacks of flour instead of bombs.
    Many people who have spend enough time in planes will tell you how the flight physics are bad and allow very little room to outplay an enemy who is on your tail.
    To top the vehicle issues up, there is also faction imbalance in favor of the British.
    The sky is dominated by the Cheesefire VA and even the ground attack potential is slightly in favor of the Brits after the blenheim buff. The 6 pounder mosquito also has bombs while the 75mm JU88C has not yet they were nerfed equally in their cannon blast radius.
    The ground is owned by Valentine tanks of the 6 pounder and Archer variety (which still has HE shells that do more direct damage than the APCR ones).
    I do not even need to get into the visibility issues and their decision to put a dark tint on the reflector sights/front plane gun sights.
    So I am trying to say that the game has a metric ton of design flaws without accounting for the bugs. As someone who made the mistake to fork about 100 euros for this game I am trying to do my best to give feedback and try to help sort this mess out but their refusal to communicate is wearing me down.

I almost thought you were talking about BF4 in your first paragraph lol. Speaking of BF4, I'd rather have BFV vehicles, than BF4 vehicles. Nothing worse than being chased by hover tank you can barely scratch the paint off of, or a helicopter strafe you the entire match with nearly zero repercussions. And don't even get me started on how dogfights are determined in a fraction of a second. Anyway, point is, I'm tired of people praising BF4 over BFV, when BFV is probably equal to it. Yes, that's right, equal.
    Hear!  Hear!  Equal to BF4...?  Heck no, BF5 is better than BF4.  BFV is BGE!  

Yes, that's right, BF5 Best Game Evaaaaah!

What's next, BFV has too many maps?  We should consider ourselves lucky to get this many maps.  Yes, that's right, too many awesome maps.  So many ingrates on this board full of haters!  

I find your reference to hover tanks especially rich,  they came out in the fifth and final expansion pack - just under a year after the game was released.  Do you want me to itemize all the maps in each of those five updates?  (Hint: BF4>>>>BF5)

Yep, BF5 problems are due to this communities self-sabotage - this community that the developers are not even aware of, and oblivious to any of their own organization's road map contents?  BF5 is great!

Go cash your EA Game Changer apologist tokens elsewhere.

I'm saying I actually enjoy BFV when bugs aren't happening. I never enjoyed BF4. And I honestly can't tell the difference between the hover tank and normal tanks in BF4, that's how cartoonish movement speed is for vehicles in BF4.
    M_Rat13 Modern MBTs are fast, I got my M1A2 Abrams up to 70MPH on the hardball after the governor "broke" so no the tank speed in BF4 is not cartoonish.

• BaronVonGoon
    (Quote)
    M_Rat13 Modern MBTs are fast, I got my M1A2 Abrams up to 70MPH on the hardball after the governor "broke" so no the tank speed in BF4 is not cartoonish.

Its the reason I don't tank in BF1 and BFV, I enjoyed the faster tanks of BF4 much more. It takes 5 minutes to traverse the map on Hamada and Panzerstorm in a tank, so boring and the rounds only last 20-25 minutes.
  • ElliotLH
    9847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Its the reason I don't tank in BF1 and BFV, I enjoyed the faster tanks of BF4 much more. It takes 5 minutes to traverse the map on Hamada and Panzerstorm in a tank, so boring and the rounds only last 20-25 minutes.
    And it's near-guaranteed that some pesky assault will disable you almost the moment you reach your location, so you need to crawl back to the resupply at an even slow pace  :D
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

The Cromwell could do a impressive 40 mph (64km/h), One Cromwell was reported to of jumped a canal!

• xKusagamix
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

And they have to make the reverse speed slower. You simply just can't get away if some sneaky Assault get near, unless you're on a Staghound.
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It sabotaged itself all they needed to do is make a better game than bf1 and they failed miserably. Horrible map pool and even worse balance for basically everything in the game. This is by far the most frustrating battlefield I’ve ever played it’s not fun that’s the whole point of playing a video game.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    It sabotaged itself all they needed to do is make a better game than bf1 and they failed miserably. Horrible map pool and even worse balance for basically everything in the game. This is by far the most frustrating battlefield I’ve ever played it’s not fun that’s the whole point of playing a video game.

Well BF4 seems to be doing quite well still I played it yesterday, I guess everyone went back to it and BF1 leaving the crapfest that is BFV behind.
  • beat_strandh
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tried starting a positive thread about this game and what we likes about it and wanted to see in the next o e but even the moderators arr toxic. Got moved and no one will read my thread because the moderator moved it to misc section...

I love BF but this game is so frustrating in so many ways...
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You don’t need to sabotage anything that sabotages itself. Just leave it to it’s own devices.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14775 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I tried starting a positive thread about this game and what we likes about it and wanted to see in the next o e but even the moderators arr toxic. Got moved and no one will read my thread because the moderator moved it to misc section...

I love BF but this game is so frustrating in so many ways...
    No,  moderators are not toxic.

We act with common sense.

A "next battlefield" topic posted in the BattlefieldV section that is NOT about BFV belongs in the off topic section.. because.. *drumroll*...  it is not about BFV.

It doesnt mean your thread was moved due to ulterior motives,  Your thread will gain all the popularity and responses as required if the thread is eye catching enough ( without violating the forum rules I may add )

Your post here does violate the forum rules as it is discussing moderation,  So consider this a friendly reminder that doing so can result in infractions that can limit your ability to post.

Please review the forum rules : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines