Community self-sabotaging BFV? Time to share some positive vibes!

12346»

Comments

• NN_Buzz12
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can’t stop laughing- Did you stomp your foot and grit your teeth when you wrote that?
  • BaronVonGoon
    6952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 30
      Your thread will gain all the popularity and responses as required if the thread is eye catching enough

*nope*
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13433 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    NN_Buzz12 said:
    Can’t stop laughing- Did you stomp your foot and grit your teeth when you wrote that?
    There's really only so many times we can explain why the various sections exist and why it's good for keeping the various sections on topic and to keep relevant information in one space while still being civil

Your thread will gain all the popularity and responses as required if the thread is eye catching enough

*nope*
    Gonna have to remove that post,  Since it's not really the kind of content that should be in a forum visible to everybody,  Including youngsters.

• BaronVonGoon
    6952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    There's really only so many times we can explain why the various sections exist and why it's good for keeping the various sections on topic and to keep relevant information in one space while still being civil(Quote)
    Gonna have to remove that post,  Since it's not really the kind of content that should be in a forum visible to everybody,  Including youngsters.

Haha no worries I should know better lol
  • Yosi1190
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV isn't a bad game in general but it is a bad battlefield. 
  • Yosi1190
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 31
    It's not a bad game, it's just not fun to play like the previous Battlefield games. Some of the "Only in Battlefield" moments are just people using silly stuff like the C4 Launcher, not anymore.
    I agree, i really hope that the next BF is a Bad Company 3 or something cuz they strafed way too far from the BF we all love.  Hardline then BF1 then BFV XD it's too much man.

• SirBobdk
    4203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 31
    Yosi1190 said:
    I agree, i really hope that the next BF is a Bad Company 3
    Does it matter when Dice have a team of devs which has shown that they lack talent in making good maps and balance.
    They seem to have more experience in making semi competition hardcore lite infantry games on small maps with poor visibility.
    I do not have high hopes for BC3 or any other BF game in the future. In fact, I have higher hopes for the next cod.
  • Yosi1190
    ]
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Does it matter when Dice have a team of devs which has shown that they lack talent in making good maps and balance.
    They seem to have more experience in making semi competition hardcore lite infantry games on small maps with poor visibility.I do not have high hopes for BC3 or any other BF game in the future. In fact, I have higher hopes for the next cod.

Oh cmon don’t be so harsh, yeah they made a terrible job in making big maps in BFV but they did a good job in BF4 and in BF1. I think the issue is that DICE are rushing there games instead of taking their time like in BF3. I do believe that Dice will create a game soon that will revive the series.

And the reason why you and many ppl including me are excited for the new CoD is bcuz they simply went back to their roots, and it took them all the way from Ghosts till Black ops 4 to realize that fact. i just hope that Dice realize it sooner.

• ragnarok013
    3428 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    robmcewen said:
    (Quote)
    M_Rat13 Modern MBTs are fast, I got my M1A2 Abrams up to 70MPH on the hardball after the governor "broke" so no the tank speed in BF4 is not cartoonish.

The Cromwell could do a impressive 40 mph (64km/h), One Cromwell was reported to of jumped a canal!

robmcewen wow I was not aware of that!
  • ragnarok013
    3428 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited August 31
    Yosi1190 said:
    It's not a bad game, it's just not fun to play like the previous Battlefield games. Some of the "Only in Battlefield" moments are just people using silly stuff like the C4 Launcher, not anymore.

I agree, i really hope that the next BF is a Bad Company 3 or something cuz they strafed way too far from the BF we all love.  Hardline then BF1 then BFV XD it's too much man.

Yosi1190 I see this sentiment a lot here on the forums and on social media and it always makes me ask "what makes an entry "Bad Company" as opposed to being just another mainline Battlefield entry? Being a franchise veteran only two things make a game "Bad Company" to me - the campaign centered around the unit and soldiers of Bad Company and the Rush game mode (which has been in every mainline BF entry since BC1 when it was called Gold Rush) so in essence it's just the campaign which few BF players normally play. We could also tack on "no jets" and "smaller player counts" for multiplayer and maybe "LMG medics and ammo assaults" but you won't find many supporters for limiting modern PC or even modern console modes to last gen console player numbers unless we can create larger player counts in an RSP or if they'll have larger player modes available at launch in official servers.  My fear is that BC3 will suffer from "Duke Nukem syndrome" where the community has played up BadCo so much in their heads based on nostalgia that no matter how good it is the response will be "Hey this isn't Bad Company, it's just BF6" since multiplayer really never defined BadCo.
    Also a point of clarification, Bad Company was panned by PC Battlefield vets at the time for straying too far from what made Battlefield "Battlefield" which makes your statement "i really hope that the next BF is a Bad Company 3 or something cuz they strafed way too far from the BF we all love." a bit ironic. ;-)

• trip1ex
    4956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    they got rid of the fun gameplay as a rule of thumb.   IT's been a gradual process.  BFV is really just the straw that broke the camel's back.

the ease of use and casualness of just getting in a vehicle or flying a plane and seeing a guy on the ground or spotting an enemy or just tracking a guy in the environment.  or the fun of combined arms battles.  Or of picking up kits.  all have been neutered.

They also have changed Conquest enough over the years so it's become boring.  The exciting win condition aspect of it isn't there any more.  What's the point?  Run around in circles?  Or camp in the bushes and shadows and don't push if enemies are at flags?  

I just recall a lot more fighting for flags and defending a majority hold in the old games.  Now it's essentially non-existent.    They gradually drove that away.  It's just gotten worse every game.

The design has changed.  IN BF42 you had a lot of:  start with all the flags and the enemy has to break through and try to wipe you off the map.  If you didn't have that then you had few flags on big maps where it felt  like Operations does today except you attack from all sides  and if you take over a target you become defenders.   But there wasn't this constant rotation amongst flags.  OR total lack of get any flag.

But going back a few BF games they started to de-emphasize showing the player the state of the flags in Conquest.  Gone were indicators of a team bleeding.  The maps changed so the next flag is always close and you can circle each other so easily.   Stats and ASsignments became the culture.  Now players get on and are just concerned about earning a badge for this or that like it's World of Warcraft. 
  • OskooI_007
    905 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wish empty tanks spawning at flags would return.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2092 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Yosi1190 said:
    I agree, i really hope that the next BF is a Bad Company 3
    They seem to have more experience in making semi competition hardcore lite infantry games on small maps with poor visibility.
    I do not have high hopes for BC3 or any other BF game in the future. In fact, I have higher hopes for the next cod.
    High hopes for what, 2vs2?  I haven't seen any actual game footage of 50vs50.  Besides it seems any vehicles is a kill streak call-in.  That promotes even more camping.  Also 20vs20 crashed when that was streamed. Will the 50vs50 run smoothly at 60FPS?  Or will it dip way down.  Also will we get a server browser to pick from or just quick match only?  Also no destruction and only call in vehicles only seems blah to me.  I was thinking about buying it.  But i'm sure the first few months it will be a mess.  Best to wait.
  • Yosi1190
    (Quote)
    Yosi1190

I agree with everything u said. I even think that BF3 was the one that revolutionized BF multiplayer. But here’s the thing if they release a BF in the future which title do u think would attract ppl more BF6 or BC3? They can release a game with a classic BC campaign and maintain BF3 level of multiplayer in my opinion that is a perfect game.
  • Yosi1190
    trip1ex wrote: »

Tbh i never tried BF42 but Bf3 conquest on most maps had alot of what u r talking about , same goes for grand&shock ops on BF1. The issue of camping, head-glitching with a bipod laid down and that sort of CoD gaming (camping) suddenly increased in BFV. All am trying to say is there is hope.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yosi1190 said:

Yosi1190 I see this sentiment a lot here on the forums and on social media and it always makes me ask "what makes an entry "Bad Company" as opposed to being just another mainline Battlefield entry? Being a franchise veteran only two things make a game "Bad Company" to me - the campaign centered around the unit and soldiers of Bad Company and the Rush game mode (which has been in every mainline BF entry since BC1 when it was called Gold Rush) so in essence it's just the campaign which few BF players normally play. We could also tack on "no jets" and "smaller player counts" for multiplayer and maybe "LMG medics and ammo assaults" but you won't find many supporters for limiting modern PC or even modern console modes to last gen console player numbers unless we can create larger player counts in an RSP or if they'll have larger player modes available at launch in official servers.  My fear is that BC3 will suffer from "Duke Nukem syndrome" where the community has played up BadCo so much in their heads based on nostalgia that no matter how good it is the response will be "Hey this isn't Bad Company, it's just BF6" since multiplayer really never defined BadCo.
    Also a point of clarification, Bad Company was panned by PC Battlefield vets at the time for straying too far from what made Battlefield "Battlefield" which makes your statement "i really hope that the next BF is a Bad Company 3 or something cuz they strafed way too far from the BF we all love." a bit ironic. ;-)

Probably because most folks play BF on consoles, not the pc. And BF from way back in the day on pc, from what i recall was on dial up connections, and just not mainstream games. It's the Bad Company series that made BF what it is.

Campaigns, nonetheless what they claim on social media...matter. But they, like the BC series, have to be qualitiy campaigns. Not some lone wolf two hour  cinematic waste of time. That why COD is quickly going back to campaigns and sp modes, in that gamers are getting older, and some don't have the time to play competitvely, or even want too.

So, it's no surprise most want a Bad Company type title, beugn, that was the hey day for BF. 
  • DingoKillr
    3734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 1
    Yosi1190 said:

Probably because most folks play BF on consoles, not the pc. And BF from way back in the day on pc, from what i recall was on dial up connections, and just not mainstream games. It's the Bad Company series that made BF what it is.

Campaigns, nonetheless what they claim on social media...matter. But they, like the BC series, have to be qualitiy campaigns. Not some lone wolf two hour  cinematic waste of time. That why COD is quickly going back to campaigns and sp modes, in that gamers are getting older, and some don't have the time to play competitvely, or even want too.

So, it's no surprise most want a Bad Company type title, beugn, that was the hey day for BF. 

Internet was lease line or DSL when BF1942 was released they even had LAN parties.
    Post edited by DingoKillr on
  • Jeffmaxs6
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    HaHa. Starts with bugs, performance and things lacking. Then gives a shout out to BF1 kind of crap. Killing two birds with one stone. Complement in one hand, smack down in the other. Thanks, that was funny to read. Shout out to BF3.