Weekly BF

"I camp, what should i do? Go out and get killed?" This is the monstrosity DICE created.

Comments

• FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KingRofty said:
    Get rid of the attrition system and people will PTFO more. It's just stupid to attack an objective, get shot by a camper 30 miles away & then to have to run back to the nearest aid station to get a health pack.
    Well arguably, if you were playing this game effectively your Medic buddy you were running with would throw you a med pack and you'd continue on without an issue. 
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll happily put my hand up and say that I camp at times. I'll make everyone a deal: get rid of the stupid super-slide, Mario bouncing, instant direction change mechanics and I'll stop camping. There's a huge difference between tactical movement and executing the latest Mortal Kombat combo to avoid enemy fire. 
  • StealthAria
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KingRofty said:
    Get rid of the attrition system and people will PTFO more. It's just stupid to attack an objective, get shot by a camper 30 miles away & then to have to run back to the nearest aid station to get a health pack.
    Well arguably, if you were playing this game effectively your Medic buddy you were running with would throw you a med pack and you'd continue on without an issue. 
    Except most medics will look right at you with the icon flashing above your head and walk away without doing anything.  They don't even run the crate either, so you can't just run up to them and take what you need.
    Same thing with ammo, support rarely throw out ammo or run crates, forcing other classes to constantly backtrack and abandon the front lines to find a resupply point.
  • xKusagamix
    990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 1
    KingRofty wrote: »
    Nope, people play as how they wanted to play, you're so naive to think that removing the Attrition system will anyhow force people to PTFO. It's not, it'll just making camping even easier because you don't afraid to get shot anymore. Taking a few hits? Don't worry just laying still and you'll be fully heal in no time and get back to the camping spot with MMGs to mow down some more poor souls passing your view.

To remove the Attrition system they will need to overhaul a lot of gameplay mechanics in this game, first of all, most BARs will get their damage increase to basically 1HK at close range or the Sweetspot mechanic will be back to compensate the poor balance that they currently have because of the Attrition system..
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 1
    Agreed.
    No attrition in BF3- people didn’t pto in about the same numbers.
    No attrition in BF4- people didn’t pto in about the same numbers.
    No attrition in BFH- people didn’t pto in about the same numbers.
    No attrition in BF1- people didn’t pto in about the same numbers.

This revisionist bs that suddenly in BFV people not ptfoing is suddenly at epic proportions. Lol. Goldfish memories.
    It’s The Same every game.

I will admit the tank ammo though does impact tanks.
    Tank resupply stations should be more numerous and indestructible.
    Also since the average tank would carry 50-80 rounds, having a tank start with 18 is dumb... and this does impact how tanks behave.
  • xKusagamix
    990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    Also since the average tank would carry 50-80 rounds, having a tank start with 18 is dumb... and this does impact how tanks behave.
    Vehicle balance in BFV is beyond stupid.
  • trip1ex
    4878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 1
    yeah plenty of people didn't  ptfo in other bf games.  I agree with that.  Although I think if you go back farther there was more ptfo and teamplay because of the Conquest design was different.  Much more fight through enemies to get flags.  Like in BF42 you needed a flag to have a spawn pt.  Otherwise you were spawning back in the base.  ON WAke Island, as the Japanese, if you didn't get a flag then you spawned on the ships.  It was pretty harsh when you didn't have a flag.  

Now it's designed so you always got a flag.  You always can rotate around the enemy.  Flags changed hands every 3 seconds.   respawns happen in what feels like less than 15 seconds.  and you can spawn on any squad mates and lots of vehicles in addition to flags and bases and beacons.  And you can be revived and now be revived by not just any medics but by any squad mates.  

• xKusagamix
    trip1ex wrote: »
    yeah plenty of people didn't  ptfo in other bf games.  I agree with that.  Although I think if you go back farther there was more ptfo and teamplay because of the Conquest design was different.  Much more fight through enemies to get flags.  Like in BF42 you needed a flag to have a spawn pt.  Otherwise you were spawning back in the base.  ON WAke Island, as the Japanese, if you didn't get a flag then you spawned on the ships.  It was pretty harsh when you didn't have a flag.  

Now it's designed so you always got a flag.  You always can rotate around the enemy.  Flags changed hands every 3 seconds.   respawns happen in what feels like less than 15 seconds.  and you can spawn on any squad mates and lots of vehicles in addition to flags and bases and beacons.  And you can be revived and now be revived by not just any medics but by any squad mates.  
    Time change, so do people. It's all about a high K/D now, maybe because it's because of all the montage videos out there. People want to get as much kill as they can than helping the team to win. That's the biggest problem with gaming nowaday.

• Major_Pungspark
    1481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed.
    No attrition in BF3- people didn’t pto in about the same numbers.
    No attrition in BF4- people didn’t pto in about the same numbers.
    No attrition in BFH- people didn’t pto in about the same numbers.
    No attrition in BF1- people didn’t pto in about the same numbers.

This revisionist bs that suddenly in BFV people not ptfoing is suddenly at epic proportions. Lol. Goldfish memories.
    It’s The Same every game.

The big difference in Infantry gameplay from all the earlier Bf:s to this one is that visibility is crap now, with way to much bushes and stuff to hide in, and that the bipods are so much superior in how they work compared to earlier Bf:s and the recoil when prone. They should have a button to deploy the bipod with a smaller firing arc compared to the thing that exist in this game.
  • -Antares65z
    1653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 1
    Time change, so do people. It's all about a high K/D now, maybe because it's because of all the montage videos out there. People want to get as much kill as they can than helping the team to win. That's the biggest problem with gaming nowaday.

If the scoreboard results were based entirely on score and didn't list K/D numbers, you would have a lot more people PTFO.  There are a lot of players who don't care about whether their teams wins or loses. Their satisfaction is based on their K/D success. At the end of the round, the players K/D ratio could be listed on their personal stats page that wouldn't be visible to anyone else. A player's K/D ratio would not be listed on public stats websites. 
  • Christo04002283
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Not all the time