Weekly Debrief

The CronusMAX and XIM 4 Scourge on BFV

Mceedj11
43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited July 26
OK. Let me just say from the beginning that I have nothing against people using mouse and keyboard on console.

What I am against is the fact that these individuals think that they are better than most of us peasant controller users and the fact that DICE allows them to play on the same servers as us.

Solution: Create a native system where k&m players are automatically diverted to k&m only servers ala. fortnite.

I know that xim and cronus are not recognized as k&m and that makes the problem even worse. There is no way for the system to tell the difference since it emulates controllers.

But if players use codes to help with recoil and other ridiculous things to create laser type weapons, honestly the line needs to be drawn.

And what’s more ridiculous is that they think they are better than all of us! Controllers will never be as responsive or as accurate as k&m.

A solution needs to be found and this problem is worse when it comes to competitive matches.

Just putting this out there for discussion. And I hope a solution is found.

Comments

• firechickenfan
    470 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My buddy bought some gizmo that attaches to a DS4, and adds buttons on the back. He has recoil control, rapid fire, dropshot, all kinds of stuff. I cant believe its allowed.
  • l4chy
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PC player here, I understand what your saying and I hope that they can sort something out to make it a more how you'd like it. But with the state of PC version which is full of players who shall not be named, I predict that there will be a huge influx of  PC players heading to console in the near future and yeh there's  probably going to be a large percentage that will want to keep using KB&M..... On the bright side the developers will want to bend over backwards to keep the console users happy (they give not one toss for PC players) so maybe if you guys keep complaining, they might actually pause churning out skins long enough to implement a system to "Keep em separated" .... but I'm not sure they have the talent left to do anything more complicated than camos and skins. 

but when things seem really bad mate you can at least take comfort in the fact that your not on PC.... REALLY... next time you get frustrate just sit back and say oh well at least I'm not playing on PC,  at least I'm not playing on PC and click your heels together :).

Umm as far as the superiority thing I think you will find knobs in every slice of  the gaming community !
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As you said, there is basically no way to stop this.  Make a K&M native playset and people will still use the XIM to use a K&M in the controller playlist.  As long as there are ways to gain an advantage, fair or not, people will utilize it.

That being said, ever time I use my buddies XIM I'm more and more tempted to buy one.  It's....just....so....much...better
  • VincentNZ
    2906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I fell you, but it is just the symptom of the segregation of console and PC players, and consoleros playing on an inherently inferior input device. A controller is simply crap for a shooter, while it is superior to the keyboard for other games.
    I think it is time to embrace that issue and have everyone on the same level, so that you should be able to use mouse and keyboard on every platform, just like PC players use all input devices.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We already have one mega thread about this that's active: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/187760/ban-mouse-and-keyboard#latest

Along with several other mega threads from the last couple of years about this same exact subject.
  • Nutcrusherr
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We already have one mega thread about this that's active: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/187760/ban-mouse-and-keyboard#latest

Along with several other mega threads from the last couple of years about this same exact subject.

I see some one is running for president.. :D
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yet nothing is going to change because using M&K on console is not against ToS or anything.
  • dayglowfroggy
    504 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Xim converts controller to kbnm I use one.
    I think the other devices are just made for cheating nothing else.
    Don't think there is any way they could stop people using the xim it runs through the controller.
    We need proper native kbnm on the next gen xbox and the next bf must support it.
  • ElliotLH
    8391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 27
    My buddy bought some gizmo that attaches to a DS4, and adds buttons on the back. He has recoil control, rapid fire, dropshot, all kinds of stuff. I cant believe its allowed.

The back buttons are no different to the Xbox Elite controller or the Scuff ones for PS4, but since they're using macros they're in breach of the TOS for this game.
  • fragnstein
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mceedj11 wrote: »

What I am against is the fact that these individuals think that they are better than most of us peasant controller users and the fact that DICE allows them to play on the same servers as us.

And what’s more ridiculous is that they think they are better than all of us! Controllers will never be as responsive or as accurate as k&m.

How do you know what these opponents are thinking?. I didn't think there was a chat box on consoles. Also, how are you so sure the opponent is using m&k?
  • ragnarok013
    3230 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    VincentNZ said:
    I fell you, but it is just the symptom of the segregation of console and PC players, and consoleros playing on an inherently inferior input device. A controller is simply crap for a shooter, while it is superior to the keyboard for other games.
    I think it is time to embrace that issue and have everyone on the same level, so that you should be able to use mouse and keyboard on every platform, just like PC players use all input devices.
    VincentNZ I agree with your sentiment and one big part of PC gaming that I love is being able to customize your gaming experience to your liking, but part of me really likes that almost everyone is on the same level playing field when I play on console. On PC if someone uses a controller they effectively handicap themselves while on console using MKB gives one a bonafide advantage over his controller using teammates and enemies. The console manufacturers and devs haven't said it's cheating and even sell the hardware but I don't have a warm fuzzy about people doing it. I'm not going to get up in arms about it but I'd personally like the controller parity maintained on consoles.
  • Longarm_the_1st
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Xim converts controller to kbnm I use one.
    I think the other devices are just made for cheating nothing else.
    Don't think there is any way they could stop people using the xim it runs through the controller.
    We need proper native kbnm on the next gen xbox and the next bf must support it.
    Xim doesn't alter anything within the game. It is just another type of controller. you assign the keys and adjust the key settings. Just like the standard controller.

As for cronusmax, that does provide alterations so that aim assist is accelerated. other thins also are adjustable which should not be.

The game should be protected from cronusmax. 
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do we really need another thread on this topic? I'm not against the discussion, but can we consolidate under one tread.
  • 4Primeval
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What about no recoil scripts on a mouse? Is that illegal? I know a lot of people do it on PUBG
  • ProAssassin2003
    3360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    COD Modern Warfare has designed a system for this I think.
  • ElliotLH
    8391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    4Primeval wrote: »
    What about no recoil scripts on a mouse? Is that illegal? I know a lot of people do it on PUBG

Nope and that's covered in the EA ToS. Whether it's enforced is probably another matter.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    816 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The new CoD Modern Warfare has pretty much ended the debate. They've set it up so that if you use a K&M on console your automatically going into lobbies with PC users.

Use a controller and you still have the choice of going up against PC users or you can decide to opt out and play against Console only.

It doesn't solve the Chronus problem, but you've gotta give respect, this is a bit bloody good!!
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Rapid fire lol, I giggle everytime someone says those words, you can tap/burst fire just as fast as if you were using rapid fire mod, its so pointless.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Console gaming is evolving. I'm so proud
  • StealthAria
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:

The back buttons are no different to the Xbox Elite controller or the Scuff ones for PS4, but since they're using macros they're in breach of the TOS for this game.
    ElliotLH said:
    4Primeval wrote: »

Nope and that's covered in the EA ToS. Whether it's enforced is probably another matter.
    With Dice embracing certain external graphics enhancers they've actually indirectly declared that use of such hardware is A-OK and not actually in violation of the ToS.  It's a feature of the hardware after all.