Weekly BF

Memory usage

Kompura
260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I checked the amount of memory bfv.exe is using and it's quite a lot:
Virtual memory reserved (commit) first ~11GB and grew to ~12GB while playing a while
Reserved physical memory (working set) first ~5.5GB and grew to ~6.5GB

I'm having 32GB RAM. Just thinking how much bfv reserves if you're having 8 or 16GB RAM in your rig. Is bfv checking how much you are having memory and reserves less according to that? Anyway uses a lot and having less memory could cause stutters?

Comments

• TFBisquit
    1650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have no stutters with 16GB ram, fixed pagefile at 10000.
  • CSO7777
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The recommended specs for RAM is 16GB, which probably means that the game runs best with that amount of memory. This doesn't mean that the game uses 16GB of memory, but Dice has probably tested it and found 8GB to not be enough for the game to run without stutters.
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Regular usage slightly north of 10GB. 
  • bigguyhawaii
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 21
    Just use intelligent standby list cleaner. Works great. It’s from the same guy who does ddu
  • Nutcrusherr
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    The recommended specs for RAM is 16GB, which probably means that the game runs best with that amount of memory. This doesn't mean that the game uses 16GB of memory, but Dice has probably tested it and found 8GB to not be enough for the game to run without stutters.

Last i checked the recommended was 12gb.

Anyway if you have 8gb the game will use 6 ish.
    If you have 16gb it will use 10ish.
  • bigguyhawaii
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »

Last i checked the recommended was 12gb.

Anyway if you have 8gb the game will use 6 ish.
    If you have 16gb it will use 10ish.

I just noticed that. I increased my ram to 32 and it shows I’m in the 16g usage range. But now my intelligent standby list cleaner doesn’t reset my memory when on 16g it did it 5-8 times depending on game time.
  • bass-junkie-xl
    528 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Run a stand by mem cleaner that solved all my stutter issues in pc games .

Battlfield fills up quickly and feels like u have a 2gb video card when stand by fills up.

Ddu web site.

Open up windows performance monitor and look at memory tab / stand by memory watch it fill up while u play notice the stuters then clean it with the ddu intelligent stand by mem cleaner huge diffrence my msi after burner frame time graph doesnt look like Mount Everest peaks anymore
  • xKusagamix
    953 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kompura wrote: »
    Just thinking how much bfv reserves if you're having 8 or 16GB RAM in your rig. Is bfv checking how much you are having memory and reserves less according to that? Anyway uses a lot and having less memory could cause stutters?
    It does seem so, my 2nd rig playing BFV just fine.
    Same map, same mode, same setting. The 8GB rig use 6.7GB DRAM while the 16GB rig use 8.7GB DRAM.