I rate BFV: 1 out of 5 stars

dA_9_eL_81
1837 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Dear Dice,

since you have layed off 90% off you development-dept. I am really concerned about the future development and in which direction the whole franchise is pointing towards in the moment.

How to develop a BF-game 101:

THEME: There are a wide arrays of themes that a game can be build around.
E.g. for BFV you choose to go for a WW2-theme, but unfortunately you made a pretty clumsy decision to add whack customisation-options and push this pretty hard in the reveal-trailer. BIG MISTAKE. But no sweat big D is here to help!

Options for future releases:
- Korea Coldwar-era
- Vietnam
- Afghanistan 1980s (twist: you can ride Camels!)
- Iraq 1990s
- War on Terror 2000s - and onwards - Full on Murica vs. Yihadist Confrontation. Nissan Pickuptrucks with mounted LMGs is a MUST!!
- Civilwar (horses, muskets, rifles, artillery possible,)
- Modern Contemporary Setting (Maybe a North Korea/China vs. Western Alliance)
- Future Setting w/ lazers and stuff
- Pirate or Steampunk settings (My imagination runs a bit empty here)

WHAT SHOULD A TRIPPLE A BASEGAME CONTAIN.
- First of all: Quality over quantity.
- Do not release a half-baked game that needs patching and causes customers to create endless threads on the forums.
- In case the game isn´t finish. Push the releasedate 3/4/5 month back for proper gametesting. The missed revenue from the missed release will be easily caught up again by happy paying customers. (HINT! Gamer do talk to each other and recomend good proper games to each other - I kid you not!)
- 8 maps on release
- 4 DLCs (each containing 3-4 maps) spread out in the course of 18 month.
- Gamers are happy to pay 50/60EUR for Premium as long as we know that DLC will drop at a steady rate
- 4 classes each having access to 6 weapons and each DLC increased the number by 2, so by the end of the game we would have 12-14 individual weapons for each class. SIMPLE!
- Customisation - basic soldier & weaponcustomisation. Nothing too whacky and it needs to be fit to the theme.

BASIC GAMEMODES THAT SHOULD BE INCLUDED:
- Conquest large 32v32
- Conquest small 16v16
- Operation 32v32 (Breakthrough is included in this gamemode)
- Frontlines 20v20
- TDM 16v16
- Rush 12v12

Limited timed gamemodes for the course of two years while the game is supported.
- Obliteration
- Gunmaster
- Supply Drop
- Domination

GAME SETUP:
Basicaly I want to see Battlefield return to the roots again.
5 man squads and a higher support for platoon/Clans.
Bring back rented server, which can generate earnings and revive the casual scrims & the more hardcore comp.teams.
It is 2019 for crying out loud. Ppl are connection through SoMe, snapchat, tinder, whatevs.
Give them back the opportunity to connect through Battlefield.
Make the game fun again!
Attrition, mandatory healthstations and Fortifications are counterproductive from whats essential to the game: Shot the enemy in the dome-piece.
Assignments, unlocks and rewards have become tedious, timeconsuming & unrewarding.

Weaponunlocks should be tied to kills with the certain gun.
10 kills for a sight
25 kills for attachtments
100 kills for improvements
1000 kills for golden skins

Soldiercustumisation should be tied to performing in certain gamemodes:
Play 10 rounds of conquest
Cap 50 flags
Arm 25 Mcoms
Epic soldierskins should be tied to minimum 200 hrs of gametime

Again... Its sad to see BFV in its current state with not much bringing to the table in the upcoming month.

I really hope Firestorm will die by end of May, so that we can concentrate again on the basegame!

TL;DR - Devs for BFV were lazy - BFV is a disaster

Comments

• Texator
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Most important in your post is the rented server part.
    When it comes to themes a few years in the future (like BF4) would be perfect. This gives more options for skins, maps, factions.
  • SirBobdk
    4235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    0 out of 5
  • MogwaiWarrior
    809 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    0 out of 5. Terrible game all around.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    4/5, imo the best bf since BF2. Disliked bf3/4 as it was more simplified cod style gameplay rubbish to attract those sort of players. Glad to see attrition and no health regen back too. Hopefully dice can take it even closer to bf 2 and 2142 with the next installment and shed some more of those cod type of players that jumped in at bf bc and bf3 ( go on, go back to cod mw where u belong 👍)

I Love BFV, its top notch.
  • SirSpectacle
    810 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why do you guys who rate it 0/5 keep playing? Why not spend your time on something you enjoy instead?
    Your stats don't lie....
  • MAJWolfcookies
    571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I rate it -50 stars. The only reason that I don't rate it -10^10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

is that it doesn't crash my PS4 anymore, like it used to.
  • thamac15
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why do you guys who rate it 0/5 keep playing? Why not spend your time on something you enjoy instead?Your stats don't lie....

I’m one that believes you can’t truly judge a game u til you have had significant time to play all classes, maps, as well as developer support throughout the first 6-9 months after release. This is when I can say the game is garbage, mediocre, or great with clarity, accuracy, and precision. BFV CAN be fun, but those games are rare. Checking in after updates and playing the game gives me another chance to see if it’s better. BFV has consistently been worse every month. There are STILL bugs from the beta that’s haven’t been resolved. I play more BF1 and BF4 these days than anything else. BFV just frustrates me.

• Vespervin
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I give it a 2/5. The game can be fun but a Battlefield title should not be in this state this long after launch. EA DICE should be ashamed. My wife will continue to play the game, but she'll play anything. I on the other hand will return to Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4. I would rather play Battlefield Flatline instead of this.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why do you guys who rate it 0/5 keep playing? Why not spend your time on something you enjoy instead?Your stats don't lie....

I put in 100 hours to get my money out of the 'deluxe' I tried to like it but it doesn't give me that Battlefield feel at all and the immersion isn't there at all for me.
  • Pillownaut
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "I wish I had more hands, so I could give those ti...this battlefield four thumbs down!" - Rick James
  • shane-is-thtbc
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I’m done with battlefield for a while. Deleted my data completely. They keep sabotaging battlefield 4 and 1 to try and force you to buy their **** of a game, BFV.  They can see that I bought it and played it a few times and then never played it again. Now there are no servers available and what few there are have a long queue. I started actually favoriting servers(for the first time ever) just to get around their sabotage, so now they’ve been deleting my saved lists. I didn’t like BFV for three reasons. One, I hate games where when I move it looks like the world is moving and not my character(swirly world effect). Two, every blade of grass or bush I ran thru felt like it was a hologram. Three, the airplane game play wasn’t fluid at all. Just make a Better game and stop sabotaging your good titles or else you’ll lose your customers forever. Also, never have I been more disappointed than I was when Star Wars battlefront was released. I was so looking forward to that title since the original was one of my favorite games ever. It was horribly unbalanced, I mean comically bad. I was just as excited for the release of BFV .
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If they can bring it back to the Cold war setting... That would be bad ****!! And truthfully, it would be a hit! The last time we seen any cold war era game was Black Ops 1. Do you guys know how many people would jump on a AAA Cold war era game? Its basically Modern tech but with that cool Nostalgia feel
  • shane-is-thtbc
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They deleted my comment about them sabotaging the servers and my favorites list to get me to play BFV. I deleted all of my data and threw out my games in protest. Going back to playing call of duty  and overwatch .
  • jroggs
    690 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I gave it a 6/10 at launch and I think that holds up. It's a 6/10 I've put hundreds of hours into, but it's a hard game to recommend.
  • warslag
    1594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BF2 and BF3 were good and BF4 was good as well but not as good as 2 and 3. The Bad Company games were pretty good.

I haven't played BFV apart from the beta. But I didn't liked the changes to the medic in BFV or BF4.

Plus there are no server rentals like we used to have in BF2 and BF3. Those servers were important because clans used them and it meant you had an army of volunteer admins who were also a bit nuts though.

So now BFV is not only a bad Battlefield game, but it also doesn't have server rentals, admins, fair-play and it has micro-transactions and this bonkers live service model.

I've been playing Apex Legends and Rainbow Six: Siege which both have most of these problems as well. Although they are more like console games which when you play them on PC have major flaws. Just like BF:V really.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No rental servers, No Hardcore are my first complaints.  I really cannot rate it because I no longer play it and it has been patched umpteen times since I quit.
      Its not really bad, buts it is not good either and not worth my time.