since you have layed off 90% off you development-dept. I am really concerned about the future development and in which direction the whole franchise is pointing towards in the moment.
How to develop a BF-game 101:
THEME: There are a wide arrays of themes that a game can be build around.
E.g. for BFV you choose to go for a WW2-theme, but unfortunately you made a pretty clumsy decision to add whack customisation-options and push this pretty hard in the reveal-trailer. BIG MISTAKE. But no sweat big D is here to help!
Options for future releases:
- Korea Coldwar-era
- Afghanistan 1980s (twist: you can ride Camels!)
- Iraq 1990s
- War on Terror 2000s - and onwards - Full on Murica vs. Yihadist Confrontation. Nissan Pickuptrucks with mounted LMGs is a MUST!!
- Civilwar (horses, muskets, rifles, artillery possible,)
- Modern Contemporary Setting (Maybe a North Korea/China vs. Western Alliance)
- Future Setting w/ lazers and stuff
- Pirate or Steampunk settings (My imagination runs a bit empty here)
WHAT SHOULD A TRIPPLE A BASEGAME CONTAIN.
- First of all: Quality over quantity.
- Do not release a half-baked game that needs patching and causes customers to create endless threads on the forums.
- In case the game isn´t finish. Push the releasedate 3/4/5 month back for proper gametesting. The missed revenue from the missed release will be easily caught up again by happy paying customers. (HINT! Gamer do talk to each other and recomend good proper games to each other - I kid you not!)
- 8 maps on release
- 4 DLCs (each containing 3-4 maps) spread out in the course of 18 month.
- Gamers are happy to pay 50/60EUR for Premium as long as we know that DLC will drop at a steady rate
- 4 classes each having access to 6 weapons and each DLC increased the number by 2, so by the end of the game we would have 12-14 individual weapons for each class. SIMPLE!
- Customisation - basic soldier & weaponcustomisation. Nothing too whacky and it needs to be fit to the theme.
BASIC GAMEMODES THAT SHOULD BE INCLUDED:
- Conquest large 32v32
- Conquest small 16v16
- Operation 32v32 (Breakthrough is included in this gamemode)
- Frontlines 20v20
- TDM 16v16
- Rush 12v12
Limited timed gamemodes for the course of two years while the game is supported.
- Supply Drop
Basicaly I want to see Battlefield return to the roots again.
5 man squads and a higher support for platoon/Clans.
Bring back rented server, which can generate earnings and revive the casual scrims & the more hardcore comp.teams.
It is 2019 for crying out loud. Ppl are connection through SoMe, snapchat, tinder, whatevs.
Give them back the opportunity to connect through Battlefield.
Make the game fun again!
Attrition, mandatory healthstations and Fortifications are counterproductive from whats essential to the game: Shot the enemy in the dome-piece.
Assignments, unlocks and rewards have become tedious, timeconsuming & unrewarding.
Weaponunlocks should be tied to kills with the certain gun.
10 kills for a sight
25 kills for attachtments
100 kills for improvements
1000 kills for golden skins
Soldiercustumisation should be tied to performing in certain gamemodes:
Play 10 rounds of conquest
Cap 50 flags
Arm 25 Mcoms
Epic soldierskins should be tied to minimum 200 hrs of gametime
Again... Its sad to see BFV in its current state with not much bringing to the table in the upcoming month.
I really hope Firestorm will die by end of May, so that we can concentrate again on the basegame!
TL;DR - Devs for BFV were lazy - BFV is a disaster