Battlefield V Weekly Debrief - August 30th

Braddock512
1542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
Let's see what's happened this week. 

Archive for Week Starting August 26th, 2019

Monday, 8/26/2019
  • This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. 
Tuesday, 8/27/2019
  • Last Chance for Weekly Mission Reward - Give the ToW Mission a final push if you haven't completed it yet. Weekly ToW Storyline ends on Wednesday. 
  • Weekly Community Highlight – Best Only in Battlefield Moment of  the Week - Hot new OIB moment coming in with a new weekly winner! Think you’ve got a winner? Send it our way on any of the Battlefield channels. Each weekly featured clip will be awarded a Best Community in the World emblem!
Wednesday, 8/28/2019
Thursday, 8/29/2019
Friday, 8/30/2019
  • Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week.

Notes, Addendums, and Announcements

Update 4.4
  • We're on track for next week and we'll have another status check for the community on Monday, Sept 2, 2019.
Trello Board Status
  • As noted in This Week in Battlefield V - August 26th Edition - we are working on launching the Battlefield V Quality of Life Trello Board. This board will be a public board, visible for all players to track known issues as they are worked on, a hub to collate all Community Broadcasts, social channel links, our latest update notes, and to gather top requested community features. We've also built-in a voting mechanic for the board to enable the community to vote on what features they feel should be prioritized. We're excited to have the board go live - and will announce the release once it is live.
  • "BF community - I know you are frustrated and disappointed with the experience across Chapter 4 for Battlefield V. I’m really sorry. We're taking a step back to improve the quality of BFV, and as a result, making needed changes to our roadmap. Ryan covered some of this last week. We're shifting out some content from Chapter 4, and we're stepping back from our 5v5 mode, to focus the team on our core Battlefield experience. This was not an easy decision, but the right one to get the game to quality. I hope the work we’ve put into Battlefront II is a testament to our long-term commitment to our games and our communities. We’ll get Battlefield V back on track and make it the awesome game you all deserve. We'll provide updates along the way. Thank you for hanging in there." - Oskar Gabrielson, GM of DICE

Comments

• ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    How many developers - excluding artists - are working on BFV and will continue to do so for the rest of the game’s lifecycle?

I don't think this is the best topic for that question, so I'm guessing you're not going to get a response. Maybe submit a fora dev talk question, or ask in a feedback thread that pops up.
  • ElliotLH
    9602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Are we due news on Private Games today since it's the last day of August?

Good news about 4.4 though.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Are we due news on Private Games today since it's the last day of August?

Good news about 4.4 though.
    Early reports seemed we pretty much get the good stuff in the RSP free version. Just hope they don't backtrack and change that now.  Not sure what the non-free version entails.
  • ElliotLH
    9602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Early reports seemed we pretty much get the good stuff in the RSP free version. Just hope they don't backtrack and change that now.  Not sure what the non-free version entails.

That's my hope too. I actually rented a BF4 server yesterday to do the Dice camo easter egg and if basic is similar to that I'll be very happy.
  • Giants94a
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any news about 4.4?
  • jroggs
    1226 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Did you get excited about Chapter 4's marketing, or maybe even buy the game because of what was promised? Don't worry. DICE and EA, as always, are very very... sorry.

• KIIXXVI
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 What is the status check today?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It seems 4.4 might be released tomorrow.
  • VOLBANKER
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    They removed the message from BFV again (the one at the front page saying something like New client release tomorrow September 3)
  • KIIXXVI
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    They removed the message from BFV again (the one at the front page saying something like New client release tomorrow September 3)
    Yeah I noticed that
  • MusicienElegant
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member