Weekly Debrief

Battlefield V - Update 4.4

Comments

• NLBartmaN
    3295 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PartWelsh said:

• AP Mine no longer unspawn after death
    Why .... ?

This was one of the best changes in the previous patch ... poor visibility and AP mines everywhere is pure frustration.

Next to that it was very clear players finally equipped other useful teamplay gadgets instead of useless AP mines.

This also will promote camping again, next to all the 3x scope and mmg in the dark/bushes campers you now will die to invisible AP mines everywhere again ... even more reason to not move and PTFO  :(
  • NLBartmaN
    Thanks for ruining the MMG's - 150% recoil until the 5th shot!

I'll be giving up on this game when you further ruin the MMG's next patch. Typical DICE, not everyone wants to play as a zerging Assault player

With 1200 rpm that takes ... less than a blink of an eye?

And since you are invisible (dark corner, bushes, on your back) .. they will still only see you when they are dead ...
  • MeatFeastMan
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm unsure about the boosts to sniper rifles, but they are small changes that won't really affect the 2 shot kill to the body or below, and probably won't affect the situation of using health packs to prevent a 2 shot.
    I am very worried about the reduction in recoil for the mp28, m1928A1 and Suomi. I think we should reward the ability to control recoil and these guns in their previous form before this update were deadly in the right hands. That's how it should be. Reducing recoil to make them more friendly seems like the wrong thing to do.
    The medic shouldn't be made more powerful, as that begins to eat into the viability of the assault class. The assault should be best in a medium range situation, while the medic SMG's only viable in a short range situation (bar the MP34 as a crossover). By reducing the recoil on the high fire rate medic guns (the ones mentioned above), it makes them more viable at a medium range. The health pack of the medic holds more weight than the anti-tank weapons and other gadgets of the assault, and therefore if you make medic SMG's more viable from medium range, nearly everybody will switch to medic and hardly anyone will be playing assault.
    Therefore, if you are going down this route, I suggest making tanks slightly more powerful to encourage more people to play assault. And when I mean slightly, I mean slightly. Or alternatively you could make small changes to launchers to make them SLIGHTLY more powerful.
    That's how I see these changes. Not a fan personally, but let's see how it unfolds.

• FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Feels like a bit of a mixed bag really. Great to see some changes and improvements but some leave me scratching my head.

Improved accuracy for bunny-hopping Super Mario soldiers is obviously to encourage that sort of unrealistic game play. I know certain parts of the community enjoy that, but personally I hate it so making it more effective is a huge turn off. This ain't Titanfall 2.

Damage changes to BARs - meh. Either it's a head shot or it's not. Minor increases to damage are generally irrelevant. If you're a Recon and can't nail headshots you play with an SLR instead.

Increasing recoil on the MP40 while reducing it on the Suomi, M1928 as well as the ZK... err... what? Who was using the MP40 over the ZK anyway? I just really can't understand that one. Regardless, SMGs are still going to be outgunned at almost every range by Assault weapons  but it seems you've made the Suomi, M1928 or ZK the stand outs in the Medic class.... more than they already were.

Fixing the AT Mines and AT Pistol damage - hooray! That's a fix I can get behind.

When you say "Fixed the scope glint on the Boys AT Rifle with the medium range scope" what exactly does that mean? Was it too bright, not lighting up at all or intermittent?

Fixing solider hitboxes - also an awesome fix! Was so fed up with sniping at enemies and not getting the hit that should have been happening.

A shame there's no additional Conquest maps, but if it's between squashing bugs and making maps, give me bug fixes every day of the week.
  • Kompura
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Two New Maps - Lofoten Islands and Provence (Available on Squad Conquest and Team Deathmatch) --- When will these two and Al Sundan be available for Conquest?
  • Hawxxeye
    5530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    PartWelsh said:

• AP Mine no longer unspawn after death
    Why .... ?

This was one of the best changes in the previous patch ... poor visibility and AP mines everywhere is pure frustration.

Next to that it was very clear players finally equipped other useful teamplay gadgets instead of useless AP mines.

This also will promote camping again, next to all the 3x scope and mmg in the dark/bushes campers you now will die to invisible AP mines everywhere again ... even more reason to not move and PTFO  :(
    They made it easier to notice and avoid the AP mines based on their click sound (by proning).
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kompura said:
    Two New Maps - Lofoten Islands and Provence (Available on Squad Conquest and Team Deathmatch) --- When will these two and Al Sundan be available for Conquest?
    They mentioned 4.5 might have Al Sundan conquest graphic bug fix maybe this month.  Besides RSP in that patch.  4.6 is in early October with Operation Underground.
  • NLBartmaN
    Hawxxeye said:

They made it easier to notice and avoid the AP mines based on their click sound (by proning).
    The poor netcode and lack of ping limit on console, will make sure I will hear that sound far after I am dead or not at all, just like the footsteps, vehicle sound, all other sound I need to hear to prevent myself from dying.
  • flover124
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know if this problem will be sorted out or not, but please improve anti-cheat system. I literally can not find any server without cheater in Asia and or Oceania server. Even worse than that, those people are very very blatant now and I don't know how they manage to do that very easily.
  • CartierOne
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello,after the new 4.4 patch i have alot of Lag and delay ! I'm Playng with Dx12 on and RTX off.  If i use Rtx i get alot of Freezing and stuttering.  NICE UPDATE ! 
  • WalcalkhIII
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Best way to fix MMGs would be to remove the barrier that prevents them from being able to ADS. Weapons like the Solothurn S2-200 being MMG makes no sense, especially seeing that the MG-34 and MG-42 are both regarded as general purpose MGs. If you ask me, making MGs hipfire unless bipoded would've made a lot more sense for BF1, given some of the water cooled weapons like the M1917 MG. And these things don't even have 3x optics on them, when the MG-42 has a proper scope mount. Also, both the MG-34 and the MG-42 weigh around the same (25lbs, or 12-13kg for you metric folks) and the Lewis gun weighs more than them at 30lbs. And the Lewis, an LMG, can have a 97 round pan mag with no overheat. 

An addendum to that change would be to have it to where MMG users wouldn't have the same control over their weapon ADS shoulder firing compared to traditional LMGs. That way the emphasis is still there to use the bipod. BF1 and BF4 had that idea down pat. Alternatively, you could make it to where some of the LMGs can have extended mags too, so that way those of us who are affected by such a pointless nerf can have something to use. Literally turning the Support class into the "why bother using any of the weapons now lul" class.
  • mccawwww
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Corrected the MAB 38 Mastery VI completion requirements

This alone will make me very happy. Most of the changes in the patch seem good too.

I wonder if there are any plans to eventually have these maps made available for larger modes?
    Fix the MAB 38 Mastery V as well its impossible for one match 
  • ElliotLH
    8372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mccawwww wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Fix the MAB 38 Mastery V as well its impossible for one match 

Oh dear God no! Mastery V was actually the one I was thinking the fix was for.

Damn. That means it's going to be staring at me for a while longer as I just can't bring myself to boost it.
  • CrazyRedCaptain
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I appreciate the tweaks but for the love of god Dice u release 2 small maps right after u pull 5v5 and still no news on Al Sudan ?!? Wth listen to the community MAKE BIGGER MAPS with land/air/sea vehicles like battlefield is/was known and loved for please