Weekly BF

At this point, it's meaningless...

Sharkbite9204
66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Even if DICE finally rolls out the updates, releases the delayed maps, adds new weapons, and fixes the majority of the bugs and core issues...

They must realize by now that they have lost all credibility as a AAA studio. This game has been bleeding players since day one, and with every new problem that arises, the wound only gets bigger.

Whatever they do now, it doesn't matter. They've lost players that they are never going to get back. Nothing they do will wash away the stain that this game has left on their reputation. Even if the next Battlefield looks like it's going to be a smash hit, people will remember the failure that was BFV and the incompetence of the studio that caused it. Trust is not so easily restored once it has been lost.

Comments

• dayglowfroggy
    528 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think allot of players I know are waiting for it to be a complete finished game before coming back infact a few said that to me.

Also I thought dice ea had a reputation for putting out broken games that are only actually in a good state a year after r we release and people know that so if news starts to filter down that it's a good game and it has some content they could x make a reappearance.
  • amkingchar
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can agree with you on the trust part built up trust in a community is probably the hardest thing a company can achieve but once you do it successfully it's really beneficial not only for profit but for the devs to willing to but that extra work.

On the other hand many left a while ago and for many reasons one of them being that DICE lost the originality of the game ! When BF games came out it was the game with a huge battlefield and a huge variety of weapons cars planes that was it and the main game conquest and don;t forget about the conquest large !  Even from BF1 the game had some changes not only graphics but mechanics ! Most of them came out from battlefront but what do you expect from a company that does both games ? Also new games rise to the top such as PUBG/ Fortnite so the devs had to keep up with the new things so they added something similar to the game maybe something that it wasn't a need thing at this time !

Also if we are talking about development people at DICE did a good job on doing the game but it felt like a rush move ! Everything looks good on trailers or on demos but once you actually play the game it gets frustrating and that sometimes means that the mechanics that they introduced on this game are not the best so far ! Personally I don't believe they will change anything in terms of mechanics but something i would prefer is the BF1 mechanics but ww2 themed ! I don;t know how hard it is to do that ! Either way people tend to leave the game day by day and there are the others who cheer that ! Also one last thing sometimes EA most of the times comes out with pre-orders  this time the amounts was at all time low so they had ot do something flashy (trailers, gameplayes) and introduced the armory store  which for me has no use or importance in the game ! But for now with fingers crossed we are waiting ! 
  • TFBisquit
    1720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If it’s good enough they certainly come back. If they can hold their own though, against the present vets, remains to be seen.
    I had a good feeling about this patch so I’m curious if that comes true.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    Players they’ll never get back. Lol.
    Players who came back after the BF4 disaster.
    After hardline.
    After BF1 went historical.

Yeah. BF6 drops and 95% of the “I’m done forever” crowd will be back.

When dice can be trusted to no longer delete regional servers and game modes they might claw back some players. Bugs are 1 thing but actually removing modes to try and hide the small player base is something a lot of people will not forget.

I personally don't trust a word they say anymore and doubt I ever will again.
    Well RSP in 4.5 should fix all game modes permanently back.  Not sure if the deleted regions can go create a server or still be a server somewhere out of that region or not.  Still waiting on the RSP announcement.
  • ElliotLH
    8568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    After hardline.

When dice can be trusted to no longer delete regional servers and game modes they might claw back some players. Bugs are 1 thing but actually removing modes to try and hide the small player base is something a lot of people will not forget.

I personally don't trust a word they say anymore and doubt I ever will again.
    Well RSP in 4.5 should fix all game modes permanently back.  Not sure if the deleted regions can go create a server or still be a server somewhere out of that region or not.  Still waiting on the RSP announcement.
    That's the aspect I'm most curious about. I'll be a happy...er...camper if RSP means I can get GB servers back. 
  • barnesalmighty2
    1568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 3
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

My experience of private servers has always been terrible and I have a very low opinion of them. Team stacking, killed by admin and random kicks and bans for playing well is not my idea of fun. I have seen that type of cheating in almost every private server I ever tried in BF3 and 4. It got to the point where I made several accounts just to hop back into those servers to kill and bag the admins there.

Edit.

If they are free I'll likely try to run a server but in the past when I've tried that no one joined. I expect to see a million servers with just one or two players in them waiting.
  • SirTerrible
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If they get BFV into a good state I think a lot of people will come back. Battlefield is still a pretty unique series and it does things no other game does.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I liked BF3, did totally not like 4, hardline, well and 1 tbh. With 5 i kinda got stuck but there are so many maps that i don't like. Few bugs such as with shooting head and nothing happens, ie i did shoot tanks gunner 5 times in the head from behind close range with bolt action and literally nothing happened. First 3 shots i though it was me but nope, only got him after i saw his face. Nope he wasn't dead before shootings cause he was shooting. Spawn beacon is total disaster, in 3 you fall from the sky. In 5 you get trapped by a "waiter". (Beacon should spawn at greater distance imo, not straight close or on it, or return parachutes.) Menu SHOULD show tickets or am i blind? Why, i want to play my favorite maps.

Someone mentioned to nono about private servers. These servers are really bad then if you get kicked/banned randomly and wont achieve much. Also privates have more tickets and faster vehicle spawn times, and smaller map spans. But cheaters? Really? I see every second day at least one cheater in officials.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What until you see the new bugs inside 4.4. 😂😂😂

It's incredible that people get so excited about patches only to be extremely disappointed after the bugs reveal themselves. Rinse repeat.
  • Mr_Tinman08
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    If they are free I'll likely try to run a server but in the past when I've tried that no one joined. I expect to see a million servers with just one or two players in them waiting.
    I can see this being a big problem, everyone's going to set up a custom server the way they want to play the game and you'll have loads of empty servers.

I used to play late at night on EU servers and the later you play the less servers you have available, I've seen conquest down to three or four for the whole of Europe. How do they plan on providing all of these "free" servers when they can't even maintain the official ones.

They might say peak times there's twenty free servers on a first come first served basis, once the server loses players someone else on the waiting list takes it over, maybe.

Personally I've uninstalled the game and it would take a lot for me to play it again.
  • SirBobdk
    4137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Even if the next Battlefield looks like it's going to be a smash hit, people will remember the failure that was BFV and the incompetence of the studio that caused it. Trust is not so easily restored once it has been lost.
    People forget fast when the hype start for the next BF.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    After hardline.

I didn’t buy BF4 until 3-4 months after it released because of the problems at launch.

I didn’t buy hardline.

I didn’t buy BF1.

I didn’t buy BFV.

I also never felt the need to announce “i’m done” on the forums.
  • BlankDiplomacy
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I didn’t buy BF4 until 3-4 months after it released because of the problems at launch.

I didn’t buy hardline.

I didn’t buy BF1.

I didn’t buy BFV.

Too mature, you don't belong here nor on reddit /s
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I didn’t buy hardline.

I didn’t buy BF1.

I didn’t buy BFV.

Too mature, you don't belong here nor on reddit /s
    I thought only old bags roamed fields of reddit.
  • mikey199012
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Moan moan moan cynical comment cynical comment cynical comment. This community is trash
  • SirBobdk
    4137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I thought only old bags roamed fields of reddit.
    Hmmm, maybe I should give it a try :)
  • MarxistDictator
    4955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the only reason I didn't refund the game was remembering them fixing BF4 and making it fairly enjoyable. too bad history has not repeated itself here.

For the record I did enjoy Hardline and thought it was fairly underrated. Functioning gameplay, stable and smooth online, good content roll out timeline and probably the best DLC maps of the last 5 BF games. Not sure where the hate came from, since it was a much more fun infantry experience than BF4 where like half the servers were and still are running 24/7 Lockers or Metro which is not a fun infantry experience.