This Week in Battlefield V

What do you think of Provence and Lofoton Islands?

Comments

• ChickenTheTank
    329 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As a former BF fan, i don't think Provence played like a BF game at all.

If they put a mode that got as close to counter strike bomb maps as possible I would play the crud out of that though. Like non-stop. It seems perfect for something like that.
  • Bolly_GB
    62 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    New Maps is new maps, and we've been hanging for new map content. I'm happy to play them - preferably in a mixed play list of modes and maps with these two on an increased rotation.
  • Blackidus
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I´m not gonna play them until they ad propper Conquest for them.
    Tried som Squad Conquest last night to try them out but I got bored after 3 rounds before playing the new maps.
    Instead I jumped on some Breakthrough and Conquest.
  • elliott316
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They are so cute and tiny
  • StormSaxon
    658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Won’t ever find out. I play battlefield for large chaotic battles.. conquest, breakthrough, Rush, frontlines ... domination if I don’t feel like a challenge.
    until these maps are released for EVERY game mode afaic they don’t exist.
  • SirBobdk
    4068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 4

Why is DICE doing this to Battlefield?

Million dollar questions. It's very confusing. I'm not even sure they know it them self.
    They've taken a good product and a strong franchise and turned it into something weird, which is neither apples nor oranges.
    As if they have lost all experience and start over again with a team of devs who have experience only from other types of FPS games.
    Or If this is done deliberately, then EA / Dice wants a different type of BF in the future. This is not about the 2 maps but the whole concept being changed imo.

• GrandMG42CamPeR
    277 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Great maps for the TDM, hope they will also be available for DOM which would be cool, too ;)
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Great maps for the TDM, hope they will also be available for DOM which would be cool, too ;)
    And Frontlines, need RSP badly...

How are you getting on with the MMG's since the recoil nerf?
  • JamieCurnock
    579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Only got to play Provence as the new maps have to be played in rotation and I got bored of squad conquest very quickly.

Provence isnt great, far to tight, no room to move, loads of bushes to hide in. Also it was just constant run and gun. Maybe this is just squad conquest but I did a whole load of running around, not much actual gun fights. The moment the flag gets capped everyone just runs to the next flag. It's so so dull. Is this how squad conquest plays or is it more an issue on this map specifically?

Will try the other map but don't hold any hopes for a decent game if this is how the mode plays.
  • NLBartmaN
    3303 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like them both in TDM, finally maps with some good cover, had a lot less deaths by 3x scope without glint naab campers.
  • bigiain
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only got to play Provence as the new maps have to be played in rotation and I got bored of squad conquest very quickly.

Provence isnt great, far to tight, no room to move, loads of bushes to hide in. Also it was just constant run and gun. Maybe this is just squad conquest but I did a whole load of running around, not much actual gun fights. The moment the flag gets capped everyone just runs to the next flag. It's so so dull. Is this how squad conquest plays or is it more an issue on this map specifically?

Will try the other map but don't hold any hopes for a decent game if this is how the mode plays.
    Rotterdam, Hamada and Arrass launched with the game for Squad conquest and are pretty good, if the teams are even. The later maps don't feel nearly as well designed and the two new maps were obviously made for something else.

The lack of balance or skill based matchmaking really kills the mode as well, a couple of bad players or quitters can make the mode unbearable. Players will simply hide in random spots as well, which is pointless, but how this game has gone.

They probably should think of going back to Domination.
  • JamieCurnock
    579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Rotterdam, Hamada and Arrass launched with the game for Squad conquest and are pretty good, if the teams are even. The later maps don't feel nearly as well designed and the two new maps were obviously made for something else.

The lack of balance or skill based matchmaking really kills the mode as well, a couple of bad players or quitters can make the mode unbearable. Players will simply hide in random spots as well, which is pointless, but how this game has gone.

They probably should think of going back to Domination.

Yeah I played those maps when they first launched and I kind of enjoyed it. My experience was not the same as last night tho, last night was just constant movement. If you don't run with the squad/team for a minute they've gone, sprinting to the next flag. It honestly felt hard to keep up with the constant running from one flag to the next. I didn't even see that many enemies because I assume the other team were doing the exact same thing.

I see this map being ok on a push and pull game mode (breakthrough/frontlines) but maybe it's just not for me in this game mode. Too much running around and very little engagements.
  • jroggs
    422 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Won't find out until tomorrow, I guess. There aren't any servers currently playing either map for SC or TDM.
  • JamieCurnock
    jroggs wrote: »
    Won't find out until tomorrow, I guess. There aren't any servers currently playing either map for SC or TDM.

Annoyingly they have no dedicated servers for the new maps. They are in rotation with the others so you have to either time it right or just wait until they come up
  • GrandMG42CamPeR
    277 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And Frontlines, need RSP badly...

How are you getting on with the MMG's since the recoil nerf?
    I applied recoil reducer, I use 50 mag, it is still effective, last nite I played TDM and ripped the enemy apart. 
  • Stalinium9
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i dont care about tdm maps
  • TheyHaveScissors
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Too small, too CoD-dy. Wont ever play them again.

I dont know what DICE is doing....
  • James_D_Sidious
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not interested in the maps since these aren't Battlefield maps. If i want to play CoD i play Cod, easy as that. Lost interest in the game a while back anyway, good job alienating even more of their fanbase though (slowclap)
  • bran1986
    5689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not going to play them.