Weekly BF

Finaly a decent patch that actually fixed something instead of destroying it.

Comments

• barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    100+ damage still present on ps4.
  • Amgtree
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do I redownload?
  • digga11
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Amgtree wrote: »
    Do I redownload?
    Yep a different game

• duendemago
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm fairly impressed with this patch. Many things that needed attention got fixed.

-SMGs and Bolt action rifles got buffed.
    -MMGs got nerfed
    -Over 100 damage bug got fixed(?). I haven't encountered it today after playing for a couple of hours.
    -Tankers and pilots finally got a makeover they deserved. 
    -Stutters have been polished. I haven't encountered any at all today.
    -Rank increased to 500
    -Commo Rose got finally fixed (Thank you whoever fixed it).

There are some things that need attention now. Pings are all over the place, although I didn't feel any difference when playing today. Some people said that they did, so there is that.  Now tankers and pilots don't have VO? I'm pretty sure is a bug. Other than that I haven't seen any major issues.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with this patch. I hope Dice will stop trying to make false promises only to brake them in the future. Stop telling us that you will make the next patch in two weeks only to have it destroy the game or get delayed. Take your time and develop an actual patch that will improve the game.  Little by little you will finally get out of this mess.
    Could you please confirm this?: Before patch the game went from 120 to 80fps (stutters and fps drops all the time), almost umplayable. Then a little patch came and the game improved, then another little patch came and the same FPS drop again (CPU 100% usage I guess). After this 4.4 patch the game barely gets 90-100fps but it really runs smoother and more stable to me. What I'm saying is that before patch the game was bad optimized no matter which graphic setting you used the result was almost the same bad performance. Now it seems that the work load was balanced in this patch between CPU and GPU ¿¿??  because, in my case, playing with DX12 off and FFRoff and with everything on high or mid (doesn't matter the result was the same) the game didnt pass the 90 or sometimes 100FPs but running more stable not giving fps drops below 85fps depending on the area you were playing...
  • duendemago
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Personally i haven't noticed a change in my performance to the game. game still runs like dog a **** for me, but i'm very happy with the other changes. 

Has anyone else noticed a change in performance? i haven't completed half the Tides of war stuff so i'm wondering if that has something to do with it still. 
    I can confirm some changes I noticed: before patch the FPS went almost to 120 but because of CPU 100% usage the frame drops and suttering was terrible!. After patch the fps wont pas 95fps some times 100fps but with no frame drops or suttering. The graphics still look weird to me: granular, pixelated like (no matter if ultra or high or medium or low). Maybe is that RTX micro points they have for all the "laser beams" they use for RTX technology?  I'm pretty sure someone explained that on a video (the consequences of having a game launched with a new technology and little testing on that matter).
  • StormSaxon
    661 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 4
    Played 3 rounds of breakthrough. No noticeable difference for me.
    Though I saw lots of Brens, Lewis and KE7s again... wasn’t killed by a single MMG at all. No hipfiring mg42s in sight.
    So I guess that’s something. Though almost all the Lewis gunners were prone.

But aside from that I didn’t feel much difference. Every death I had was sudden and felt like 1-2 rapid hits regardless of what hit me.
    Everybody I shot though had time to run 10-15 meters into cover/ reload and return fire/ bounce away.

Saw no bunny hopping though and no ridiculous shooting while jumping.
    Didn’t get to use a tank, BA (I was using a sten/rsc or whatever my assault guy has)
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2917 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 4
    I'm fairly impressed with this patch. Many things that needed attention got fixed.

-MMGs got nerfed
    -Over 100 damage bug got fixed(?). I haven't encountered it today after playing for a couple of hours.
    -Rank increased to 500

There are some things that need attention now. Pings are all over the place, although I didn't feel any difference when playing today. Some people said that they did, so there is that.  Now tankers and pilots don't have VO? I'm pretty sure is a bug. Other than that I haven't seen any major issues.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with this patch. I hope Dice will stop trying to make false promises only to brake them in the future. Stop telling us that you will make the next patch in two weeks only to have it destroy the game or get delayed. Take your time and develop an actual patch that will improve the game.  Little by little you will finally get out of this mess.
    Could you please confirm this?: Before patch the game went from 120 to 80fps (stutters and fps drops all the time), almost umplayable. Then a little patch came and the game improved, then another little patch came and the same FPS drop again (CPU 100% usage I guess). After this 4.4 patch the game barely gets 90-100fps but it really runs smoother and more stable to me. What I'm saying is that before patch the game was bad optimized no matter which graphic setting you used the result was almost the same bad performance. Now it seems that the work load was balanced in this patch between CPU and GPU ¿¿??  because, in my case, playing with DX12 off and FFRoff and with everything on high or mid (doesn't matter the result was the same) the game didnt pass the 90 or sometimes 100FPs but running more stable not giving fps drops below 85fps depending on the area you were playing...
    I don't know if FPS changed because I have constant 120FPS. But I do get a lot less stutters. Previously game could stutter 3-4 times in a single match. Now I get 1 noticeable stutter every few games.
  • G-Gnu
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

-MMGs got nerfed
    -Rank increased to 500

Hard to tell when you cant play the damn game because DICE effed up the servers so much that there is few instances up and too many ppl trying to get in.
  • xKusagamix
    953 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 4
    I'm feeling quite good about MMGs got nerfed, i did use MMGs a bit, this patch made it harder to shoot across the maps now, especially with the MG42.
  • Plan3tX
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah other than the fact that I can't play because all conquest servers are full and the game send me to 200+ ping servers it's all good...oh no, wait, also characters customisation is bugged. Well, it would be too good to be DICE work.
  • ackers75
    2397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This patch seems good but only because players are used to playing the game that’s so badly broke
  • TFBisquit
    1650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    For now hitreg and footsteps feel a little better (not perfect yet) on console, so there might have been some netcode tweaks.
    Footsteps are again insanely loud.... gone from hearing nothing to wondering where the hell those loud footsteps are coming from. Awful
    PC or console?

On console they are close to perfect, a little bit more footstep volume and less loud other sound and all is good.
    PC, another player mentioned it in chat too on Squad Conquest Devastation
    So same as previous footsteps "fix": close to perfect on console, too loud on pc.

Lets hope it stayes this way or they optimize it seperately.
    Im on PC and didn't notice any increase in foot step volume. In fact, I think Dice may have tweaked the positional audio because its spot on after this patch. No complaints here.
    It's loud on pc, especially my own footsteps, quite spooky at times, like a dog chasing his tail when playing.
  • Vespervin
    1335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone else experience more lag and also graphical issues since this patch? I was playing Rotterdam and the insides of buildings were going crazy.
  • Woodlbrad
    652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They destroyed customization.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    Anyone else experience more lag and also graphical issues since this patch? I was playing Rotterdam and the insides of buildings were going crazy.

I was playing Narvik and trees kept popping in and out and at certain ranges Fortifications vanished so I could snipe people through them.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

-MMGs got nerfed
    -Rank increased to 500

Good to hear DICE doing this, I will be jumping back in eventually
  • TFBisquit
    1650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, I like this patch. Did a lot of good. Too bad for the server and ping issues though, but can't expect a perfect patch from this franchise anyways.
  • Jeffmaxs6
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Glad to see the rant up to 500. I'm rank 15/18 and can't wait to get cranking.

• DaManiac72
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    For now hitreg and footsteps feel a little better (not perfect yet) on console, so there might have been some netcode tweaks.
    Footsteps are again insanely loud.... gone from hearing nothing to wondering where the hell those loud footsteps are coming from. Awful
    Haven't heard a single footstep in this patch. Nothing, the only time you can hear footsteps is in 3rd person perspective. Sound is 100% broken.
  • MeatFeastMan
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jeffmaxs6 said:

Glad to see the rant up to 500. I'm rank 15/18 and can't wait to get cranking.

And when you get to rank 500, you'll be able to spend all those coins you've got on stuff like..uh..uhhh..

The ranks are a show of dedication and I welcome the new addition but..to get some coins and a few dog tags isn't good enough. We need proper rewards. This ranking system could have a big impact in keeping the playerbase strong if it had better rewards as you went up the ranks, such as special gun skins, new headgear, body stuff etc. People would be more encouraged to keep playing if we had more than just some coins and dog tags.