Battlefield V Chapter 4: Defying the Odds Week #11 - A Clear Direction

Braddock512
1537 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited September 2019

Grab the Panzerbüchse 39, an Anti-Material Rifle for the Recon class, play some Squad Conquest, Fortress, and Grind by matchmaking through the nodes, and rank up your ToW Chapter 4 XP.

Nodes in the top row matchmakes to vanilla Squad Conquest.
Nodes in the middle and bottom rows matchmake to mixed playlist of all Fortress and Grind layouts.
  • Grind Twisted Steel
  • Grind Narvik
  • Grind Rotterdam
  • Grind Devastation
  • Fortress Hamada
  • Fortress Devastation

Let’s look at the tasks. Remember that the exact mission requirements can be found in game in the Tides of War menu.

TAKING CONTROL - 4,000 CHAPTER XP
Earn 1000 objective score

UNDERHANDED - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
Inflict 2500 damage

GUARDIAN ANGELS - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
As a squad, revive teammates 50 times.

FIRE FOR EFFECT - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
Kill, down or fully suppress enemies 30 times.

STICK TO THE PLAN - 4,000 CHAPTER XP
Capture 5 objectives.

NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
Win 2 rounds of Squad Conquest.

RAIDING PARTY - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
As a squad, kill or down 12 enemies using melee weapons or bayonets.

DEADLY TREASURES - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
Earn 5000 score resupplying teammates ammunition.

ACE IN THE SLEEVE - 25,000 CHAPTER XP
As a squad, call in 10 reinforcements.

(OPTIONAL) BOOMSTICK - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
Inflict 3000 damage using the Panzerbüchse 39.

– Braddock512

Enter mankind’s greatest conflict now with the Battlefield™ V Deluxe Edition or Standard Edition on Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and PC. Play the full game with Origin Access Premier or try it first for 10 hours with EA Access or Origin Access Basic*.

Sign up today to receive the latest Battlefield news, updates, behind-the-scenes content, exclusive offers, and more (including other EA news, products, events, and promotions) by email.

Follow Battlefield on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Hop in and join the Battlefield Community on the Battlefield Forums, and discuss with us on Reddit and Discord.

*CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY. SEE
ea.com/ea-access/terms AND origin.com/store/origin-access/terms FOR DETAILS. © 2019 Electronic Arts Inc./

Comments

• BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    10 reinforcements seems like a lot when many don't call them in.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    Who cares about this week when the servers are borked and the latency is so bad? Can't get in to Conquest and pings are in 3 figures
  • Noodlesocks
    3593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    10 reinforcements seems like a lot when many don't call them in.
    Create your own squad and call in supply canisters
  • anken555
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is grind mode just for a week ?
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Haha 'a clear direction' yup straight down at the moment eh Braddock. I respect the humour, but not the gun, another bloody prone weapon!? 
    Where are the LMG's? Show us some Chauchat or Madsen lovin Dice.
  • Godmodegta
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I admit, that AT rifle has is well design.
  • jroggs
    1215 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    No Lofoten/ Provence playlist? So the only way to play these maps is to sit in the SC and TDM servers until they come around?

Anyone have insight on the current map rotation order for those modes so I can try these new maps without having to settle into these modes for possibly hours?

Edit: Watching some Youtube, sounds like there WILL be a playlist for the new maps. It's just that it's coming NEXT week. Okay then. Weird.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jroggs said:
    No Lofoten/ Provence playlist? So the only way to play these maps is to sit in the SC and TDM servers until they come around?

Anyone have insight on the current map rotation order for those modes so I can try these new maps without having to settle into these modes for possibly hours?

Edit: Watching some Youtube, sounds like there WILL be a playlist for the new maps. It's just that it's coming NEXT week. Okay then. Weird.
    After Marita the new SC maps run Mercury, Lofoten then Provence. I actually enjoyed all three of them, Provence in particular would make an excellent Conquest/Breakthrough map if expanded.
  • Intazell
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

an Anti-Material Rifle for the Recon class, play some Squad Conquest, Fortress, and Grind 

yeah...anti tank gun but lets only use it in infantry modes..great :/ Also how much dmg does it deal to tanks? Or vehicles..? Any stats mby?! :/ 
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody is using smoke drop or artillery so that last achieve is going to take forever.
  • DaManiac72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What I have seen and experienced so far is that this "reward" resulted in a lot of guys (sorry, I mean people) camping like crazy (ok?) using this gun and OHK kill people left and right while being stationary on roof tops et.c.. I can't really see how this made anything better or more rewarding gaming wise. But hey, I am probably wrong (as always).
  • hangman960
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wish they would keep grind
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    kind of ironic to call a TOW clear direction since BFV has not really a sense of direction atm.
    i still think the game needs a deep and comprehensive rework of many features.
    -weapon/class-balance
    -attrition
    -map-design
    -net-code
    -team-communication
    -etc.
    just to name a few
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody is using smoke drop or artillery so that last achieve is going to take forever.
    Steal squad leader or make own squad.  I stole a squad but it was only 2 people besides me then they left mid match.  Next round I was top 3 so people always chase the hot gun high rank on leader board.  I was up to 4 players fast.  Then I was popping smoke like crazy.  Shame there is a cooldown though for call ins.  As for the P39.  Its okay.  You can hip fire with players in front of ya.  Anything farther out your stuck bipodding.  meh.
    Also bipod seems clunky when you need it ready fast.  I didn't put in specs on it.  Maybe the hip fire gets better after all 4 specs are put on?  As for damaging a tank.  Its seems like a RNG for points.  Maybe the later unlockable bullets cut through the tanks better and do huge damage?  I didn't get that far.  Also the reloading is slow. Yeah they have a tiny reload boost as a spec.  But if your gonna run around shot gunning with this.  You better be playing ring around the rosie, duck and move to buy you sometime reloading it.
  • Techtus
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Great!! Another 1 shot 1 kill sniper riffle. Like they weren't cancerous enough already. That's the last thing this game needs.  Is there anyone left in DICE except mindless bots not having idea how a game they DEVELOPED looks like???
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • jroggs
    1215 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    After Marita the new SC maps run Mercury, Lofoten then Provence. I actually enjoyed all three of them, Provence in particular would make an excellent Conquest/Breakthrough map if expanded.
    Thanks much.
  • jroggs
    Intazell wrote: »
    an Anti-Material Rifle for the Recon class, play some Squad Conquest, Fortress, and Grind 

yeah...anti tank gun but lets only use it in infantry modes..great :/ Also how much dmg does it deal to tanks? Or vehicles..? Any stats mby?! :/ 

There are vehicles in SC and I believe Fortress as well.
  • amzin
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    STOP MAKING MODE-SPECIFIC ToW NODES. No one likes them, even people that like playing those modes, because then you have waves of non-players coming in and mucking them up. The ToW in general are much better than they used to be but mode specific ones mean either waste of time for a bunch of people or just a bunch of unavailable nodes (like if it's a Firestorm one, not going to bother at all even a little bit)

Also maybe consider dialing back the thousands and thousands of points required for ammo resupplying, it takes longer than every other node combined usually because ammo supply gives so few points. It's clearly set to a stupid amount.
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

Steal squad leader or make own squad.  I stole a squad but it was only 2 people besides me then they left mid match.  Next round I was top 3 so people always chase the hot gun high rank on leader board.  I was up to 4 players fast.  Then I was popping smoke like crazy.  Shame there is a cooldown though for call ins.  As for the P39.  Its okay.  You can hip fire with players in front of ya.  Anything farther out your stuck bipodding.  meh.
    Also bipod seems clunky when you need it ready fast.  I didn't put in specs on it.  Maybe the hip fire gets better after all 4 specs are put on?  As for damaging a tank.  Its seems like a RNG for points.  Maybe the later unlockable bullets cut through the tanks better and do huge damage?  I didn't get that far.  Also the reloading is slow. Yeah they have a tiny reload boost as a spec.  But if your gonna run around shot gunning with this.  You better be playing ring around the rosie, duck and move to buy you sometime reloading it.

Artillery gets used all the time. The least used are supply canister, smoke barrage, and the AT halftracks. Most of the time I go to call artillery in I have to wait because one is currently being used by my team.