Ping is higher?

2»

Comments

• ProAssassin2003
    3865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not Visual only as some thinks. This is effecting Gameplay in a awful way.

This update sucks.
  • NuttysKunKs
    563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's not Visual only as some thinks. This is effecting Gameplay in a awful way.

This update sucks.

Yeah it’s slower for sure. Might be just me but I can notice even a 10ms delay to my connection.
  • Riflen
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This same problem happened with the last significant patch too. Perhaps the one before last? I can't recall exactly. It's definitely not a UI problem. Something in their infrastructure can't provide normal performance for the game servers or the server's connections to clients whilst this update is still being downloaded by thousands of people.
    Once the download storm is over, I expect things will return to normal, as they did the last time this happened.
  • NuttysKunKs
    563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Riflen wrote: »
    This same problem happened with the last significant patch too. Perhaps the one before last? I can't recall exactly. It's definitely not a UI problem. Something in their infrastructure can't provide normal performance for the game servers or the server's connections to clients whilst this update is still being downloaded by thousands of people.
    Once the download storm is over, I expect things will return to normal, as they did the last time this happened.

Makes sense. It was a 21gb download and the servers seem more populated.
  • 1Hairy-Gorilla
    245 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I doubt their server or Sony/Microsoft where you download is the same  or effects their amazon game severs at all. Been put into half empty games a lot yesterday aswell (Xbox)
  • Riflen
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I doubt their server or Sony/Microsoft where you download is the same  or effects their amazon game severs at all. Been put into half empty games a lot yesterday aswell (Xbox)

I would not put it past them at all. It doesn't have to be the servers providing the downloads in particular, but could be any system or systems that share a resource with the game servers themselves or the hardware underpinning them. It could be caused by network load balancers, for example. Trying to plan resourcing for large storms of network traffic like this is not simple.
  • Sk1lld
    591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the higher ping also, but it didn't effect my game play. One thing I did see was no west coast servers last night or they may have been displaying the same ping as the others.
    At least they are aware of it.
  • S_Lemmer_DK
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    seriusly i have a problem my ping hase gone from 50 to 550+ O.o'
  • JohanSNemesis
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks DICE now you have made the game literally unplayable for everyone .
    Whats the point of Playing BF because you have local servers if i can just as well have a ping of a other countries server of 150ms 
    C'mon guys fix your game damnit
  • UK_Servrs_Please
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ive just gone on and had a ping of 238 :(
  • NuttysKunKs
    Any official
    Word on the issue? Other than they’re looking into it?
  • TamKingski
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any official
    Word on the issue? Other than they’re looking into it?
    Apparently dice have found a possible fix and is in the process of getting out a hotfix.
    Dice tweet can be found in the thread link below.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/193629/ping-issues#latest
  • KrullBorg
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    some news about the release date? today is embarassing unplayable... instead last days it was good...
  • Carbonic
    1930 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    KrullBorg said:
    some news about the release date? today is embarassing unplayable... instead last days it was good...
    According to https://trello.com/b/yT9nj2yn/battlefield-v-quality-of-life-tracker they are now testing the fix, since a hotfix most likely wont go up during the weekend I would say Monday at the earliest, Tuesday fit with the way the game is currently being updated so that's my guess if the testing has gone well. This is all just guesstimates on my part ofc. and I could be completely wrong.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They should stop using Amazon for the servers and get a better partner, add ping limits, remove "compensation" above 80ms ping on EU servers and use region locks.

There is no Netcode in the world that can deal with all of those issues.