Very high latency

eusuntseba
5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
After a few games played, my latency suddenly increases to 1000 and I cannot play, what to do?

Comments

• Carbonic
    1930 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Step 0:

• eusuntseba
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please help me!
  • Carbonic
    1930 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    From the lack of information the best help I can give you is to tell you to read: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-To-Write-amp-Get-Responses-for-Your-Technical-Issue/m-p/7160970#M360
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    (talk of moderation removed by moderator)
    to OP , give some more info, what checks have you done, have you made sure nothing is downloading in the background, family/neighbours stealing the wifi, some kind of parental time based control set on the modem etc?
  • PeterSMK2
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have faced latency issues in the past and it was there due to my very old infrastructure. What I did is do a Bufferbloat test and pointed out the issue to my ISP, they took care of it after. If that isn't the case then refer to the link Carbonic sent earlier.
  • buckiebull
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe so but most other games play fine...…..except Battlefield 
  • TFBisquit
    2283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I find plenty of things wrong with how their servers operate, but my ping is always low.
    Besides that, different games use servers on different locations. Routing from your location plays a major role also.
  • JohanSNemesis
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fans : hey DICE please make a remake of modern BF ?
    DICE: hi , we created so much bugs and latency problems (and the list goes on) so that you can go back to playing BF4!! wow . oh and by the way thanks for your 60$ 
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    +1
    My ping basically doubled
  • RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same,  needs a hotfix.