This Week in Battlefield V

What do you think of Provence and Lofoton Islands?

Comments

• TheyHaveScissors
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are these maps the reason why DICE buffed the most-easy SMG's? To emphasize the CoD-CQC gameplay or something? If so, they are doing a great job in alienating the playerbase from BF with the SMG changes and production of these awful small maps.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are these maps the reason why DICE buffed the most-easy SMG's? To emphasize the CoD-CQC gameplay or something? If so, they are doing a great job in alienating the playerbase from BF with the SMG changes and production of these awful small maps.
    And later then they cant understand why we choose the next cod over BFV. I will rather play the real thing  (20x20 cod) than BF wannabe cod.
  • OrionPherrit
    447 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 5
    I still haven’t been able to try them yet. The new maps were all full in the server browser. Yesterday, I let myself get punished on SC for a long time but was never rotated into either of them (sigh).

Oh well, guess I’ll make another attempt over the weekend. You see, I’ve been curtailing my time playage on this game in order to preserve what’s left of my sanity, not to mention prevent more hairpulling before I look like this guy:

19-battlefieldv-350.png

• elliott316
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They are an insult to anyone who liked Battlefield
  • elliott316
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loftoten islands is also an insult to all the women that fought as frontline soldiers during Operation Claymore

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Claymore
  • G-Gnu
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dunno , have not played. I had to uninstall , cant stand under preforming patches and buffs / nerfs that are totally uncalled for until they actually FIX the game.
    It feels like they just poke in random different areas of the game with no real path on what they want the game to achieve for the players. 
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why even make small mode only maps when 99% of the playerbase buys the game for the large gamemodes? Seriously, who plays Battlefield for TDM?
  • bigiain
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why even make small mode only maps when 99% of the playerbase buys the game for the large gamemodes? Seriously, who plays Battlefield for TDM?
    Before PUBG and Fortnite were big, all you used to hear about was how much money Valve were making from the cosmetics in Counterstrike. Someone at EA must have thought they should try and get some of that money, so we've had two games in a row with a doomed 5 v 5 mode that no one is interested in.
  • Foxassassin
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really don't understand the hate. I like big maps as much as the next person,but hating them just because they're not "What I want"? C'mon.
    -
    I like them both,a lot. Easily my favorite two squad conquest maps,and I do feel their squad conquest variants are better than TDM
    -
    Lofoten reminds me of a smaller version of Kharg island from BF3,near the oil refinery,and a lot of static set peices to break cover for once,so it's not just the civil war,shooting people acrost an open field
    Provence isn't "cod" like. It depends on who you're fighting. I've had teams where both sides just circle-zerged the capture points and only shot at each other when we crossed by the middle. I've had matches where the other team would backcap and try to hold that flag the entire match,making it a search-and-destroy mission. Had matches where it was slower paced,shots through the streets and plenty of flanking through the alleys.
    -
    I dislike Mercury normally,but even the SQ version was more tolerable this time around.
  • StormSaxon
    658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh I don’t hate them. I’d be more than happy to play them if they expand them into the main game modes.

It’s just ..... stupid.... to make maps only for specific game modes.

• mrtwotimes
    762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are OK
  • Bolly_GB
    62 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoyed playing them both. Had some epic fights on TDM and SC. TDM was the pick. Got to play Soondan, Murcury and Marita as well. Made a nice change for a bit of weekend combat. Cheers!
  • TFBisquit
    1631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They would work for rush. Not bad for sqc either.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can't say I have played them much as small scale battles are not really my thing. Squad Conquest is probably entertaining if you have friends to play with but seeing as none of my former clan play BF anymore it's not appealing. Community died with BF1 and DICE / EA's strange decisions with dedicated servers, Battlelog, platoons etc.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1838 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have only played Provence and i find it just too small, even for 8 v 8.  It would make a cool part of a bigger map though
  • TheyHaveScissors
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have only played Provence and i find it just too small, even for 8 v 8.  It would make a cool part of a bigger map though

Even for 8vs8 too small? I think you are right.

Why is DICE having this obessions with small-smaller-tiniest?
  • BURGERKRIEG
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not played em. Watched the videos doing the rounds.

When I do log on to BFV with limited gaming time I go for what I want most, the larger maps.

I used to play TDM in BF4 but the thought of playing it with BFV mechanics just puts me off.
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    might be decent maps except the game is total garbage and the best map ever would suck.
  • larry_54235
    257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Too small, too CoD-dy. Wont ever play them again.

I dont know what DICE is doing....
    You have your answer in your post. This is how they get the COD crowd to buy the game. They only care about the new player base. The loyal Battlefield player's don't count.
  • doctorrocktor
    1800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I will never know as i don't play BATTLEFIELD for small modes.