At this point, it's meaningless...

Comments

• CostanzaStan
    220 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    see y'all in BF6
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Admittedly,  I am sitting BF5 out.  I saw the direction BF was going with BF1 and will wait until Dice makes a better game.  BF5 is not worth my frustration.   
  • MBT_Layzan
    1814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 3
    It's just depressing. 

Edit: Just found out that they made tankers at least optional as male and apparently has customisation too, so a glimmer of understanding for the future. And I really want BF back.   
  • SlowOldWarrior
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    see y'all in BF6
    Yep, buying it used - not even half price two weeks later will bait me to buy.  Only used - a sad, used up franchise by EA/Dice.  

Gamespot would make more money if they marked new copies as used.
  • WreckWren
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 6
    All I can add to this is that I'm done with the franchise and especially the developers, and much like with other extremely poor studios in the past I will keep track of where their employees jump ship to and avoid their games too.

If anyone cares, I played from 1942-BF3, then got back in with BF1 late in its life. Turns out it was only briefly, BFV is about the worst online game experience I've had purely thanks to the devs.

DICE could have easily put together the game as it sits today in the time since its release. That's a bewilderingly poor state for the game to be in nearly a year post-release, given its "live service" advertising. We never see any work or the result of any appreciable work, so I can only assume none is going on to show.

I am reminded strongly of Elite Dangerous. For years, Frontier lied to us and claimed the big or good updates were right around the corner. Every single one was a complete failure, then they just up & cancelled several major ones along with the future of the game they advertised in order to sell copies in the first place.

False advertising is a serious crime.
  • SirBobdk
    4257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 6
    thamac15 said:
    Updated the game and said why not let’s try it.
    Same here. Have not really played nuch since late june and not at all since 10/8 but desided to give it a try.
    Surprised at how much worse it is running. Usually I've had some lag and stuttering as infantry, but never as a pilot.
    Now, flying is terrible too. My game ran perfect 5 pathes ago, but since then it's only gotten worse.

• J4K5
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    "Even if the next Battlefield looks like it's going to be a smash hit"..... wait what??? Next BF will be more of the same gamepay as a service BS. I'm not buying the new BF til its out for at least 3 month, and neither should you.
  • SendTheInfantry
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    thamac15 said:
    Updated the game and said why not let’s try it.
    Same here. Have not really played nuch since late june and not at all since 10/8 but desided to give it a try.
    Surprised at how much worse it is running. Usually I've had some lag and stuttering as infantry, but never as a pilot.
    Now, flying is terrible too. My game ran perfect 5 pathes ago, but since then it's only gotten worse.

Performance got worse after the patch here too. Never had that before. Both in latency and FPS. It also started to crash for the first time. Always after 3-4 rounds.
  • zasers
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hello there.

I pre-ordered BF5, did play the beta and i still play Battlefield 5 even with the bugs because i enjoy the game.
    the game has alot of bugs sure, but it can still be an enjoyable game time to time if you end up in the right servers (cause netcode seems fine on some ?) 

and if a new battlefield are on the release i might not pre-order it but wait a few months to fix the "child problems" 
  • M_Rat13
    1376 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remember when BF4 was the most hated game of the franchise....
  • 5hadyBrady
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 6
    I'm not so sure the next Battlefield will be a "smash hit". I think EA gets a lot of bad press with regard to these games, but I really feel its the incompetence of the development studios. People make memes of studios that were "once good" who "now stink" after they partnered with EA. I think this has very little to do with EA. It's correlation, but not causation. I think it has more to do with studios that once had to compete and make good games if they wanted a paycheck, all of the sudden find themselves lacking motivation when they are on salary. If the game is good, they get paid the same. If the game flops, they get paid the same. Why would DICE as a studio put in max effort if they are going to get paid the same regardless? The subsidiary/partnership is what creates this incompetence. You have to give developers a reason to put in max effort. Reward the studios for sales, and player retention. Not metacritic scores....... If the developers at DICE knew they could make more money by keeping a higher player retention, they would be working overtime trying to cash in on that opportunity. Trust me....