Weekly BF

Still here. Maybe cut your losses and update BF1?

SlugSniper
1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
BFV has hit rock bottom and is in grave danger of drilling deeper. Meanwhile, BF1 seems pretty healthy. No trouble finding packed servers and fun times. Smooth gameplay with a few minor bugs here and there.

So, DICE, maybe it's time you work on keeping your long-time veterans here. There's a plethora of things that could be added to BF1 as paid DLC and even free mini-DLC.

The Pacific DLC in BFV really will be the "make or break" moment of the hellish toil of the game's development, and even then, the community's still pretty turned off by your rancid "shove it" attitude before the game's release, the unbelievably corny aesthetics, the jump onto the cash-grab bandwagon of battle royale, the waste of time spent on smaller "competitive" modes that don't even fit the franchise, and the slow trickle of mediocre content.

If the Pacific DLC fails to improve the sales and community of BFV significantly, at that point you really need to just cut the cord. Make BF1 bigger and better. Get your players back. Welcome new players. And for the love of sanity, don't get political.

Comments

• Titan_Awaken
    787 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I both admire and envy your optimism but nothing's going to change dude. 

In the world of business, the only thing worse than making a mistake is admitting a mistake unless if it's absolutely, unquestionably necessary (ie. The exploding Samsung Note 7(?) phones). Start admitting mistakes left and right and you'll see your investors dropping like flies. It's quite literally better to just stay silent instead.

Yeah BFV is extremely disappointing and underwhelming, but it's not "we screwed up so badly that we're gonna pretend like it never happened and backtrack to BF1" levels of bad.

Besides, would you really want the DICE of BFV to come back and pollute BF1?

Me personally? Thanks but I'll pass.
  • Ronin9572
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Every update has been "make or break" for BFV. But EA has continuously dropped the ball. They knew they had a dumpster fire from the release party! This belief they have to total change everything from game to game is ridiculous. On top of releasing a game every year(BF and SWBF), which they can't keep up. I think they hit the pinnacle with BF1, not that the game didn't have problems. I really think EA needs to take the lead away from the Stockholm office and let the LA office take over. EA had rarely taken responsibility for their mistakes. And if they do it's after someone is fired while their pointing their fingers at the person. All the while giving the person huge bonuses... And besides do you really want these dev's who worked on BFV to come over to BF1 and ruin that? Enjoy what we have while it lasts!
  • MogwaiWarrior
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

In the world of business, the only thing worse than making a mistake is admitting a mistake unless if it's absolutely, unquestionably necessary (ie. The exploding Samsung Note 7(?) phones). Start admitting mistakes left and right and you'll see your investors dropping like flies. It's quite literally better to just stay silent instead.

Yeah BFV is extremely disappointing and underwhelming, but it's not "we screwed up so badly that we're gonna pretend like it never happened and backtrack to BF1" levels of bad.

Exactly. People need to understand that the dev team that made BF1 are not the same dev team that made BFV. If the dev team that made BFV got their hands on BF1 I would hate to see how badly they would mess it up.
  • Moorlander
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Exactly. People need to understand that the dev team that made BF1 are not the same dev team that made BFV. If the dev team that made BFV got their hands on BF1 I would hate to see how badly they would mess it up.

This was the first thing that came to mind. The last thing we want is for them to start tinkering with BF1.
  • disposalist
    8663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It would be nice, though, when they break BF1 with updates to BF5 (platoon emblems and the like) if they fixed them...
  • SlugSniper
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maybe if we just got some new content without the constant attempts to fix what isn't broken, things would go at least a little smoothly.