Weekly BF

Why is the anti aircraft gun so useless???

Comments

• DingoKillr
    3635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 8
    fragnstein wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Iflyaircraft has a twitch channel,  watch some of his videos and report back

Actually ifly needs a whole squad to achieve huge kill counts, usually he is the main bomber, there will also be a secondary bomber, and a dedicated fighter, which will be me, to clear enemy fighters.its a team effort. Even so, if there are 2 camping AA tanks, he will still have a hard time.
    Imo AA and planes are at a certain level of balance, you may argue the damage from AA is kind of weak, but it's the counter for its huge range.

Huge range right, like planes don't have huge ranges too. Should we reduce planes range so ground units have a better chance?
  • RFCRudel
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 8

same thing happened in bf1942...……….pach….aa to strong, then another pach………...it take a lot of  fine tune to make the game balanced, but they really make maps that you can fun with all types of things, when pilots dominate.....people that hate them become aa aces...…..etc.  the maps in bfv are ridicule small for dog fights, the splash of artillery or tank guns is a joke, the  playavility  of the bf1942 make the bfv (mod of bf1) a yoke.  I even read about complexity of 64 players...……..1942 fine tune the hit detector, it also have 64 players and was so many years ago. 

just read the 1942 same topics...……...all end up fixed, don't know why discuss this again

• Noodlesocks
    3029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Actually ifly needs a whole squad to achieve huge kill counts, usually he is the main bomber, there will also be a secondary bomber, and a dedicated fighter, which will be me, to clear enemy fighters.its a team effort. Even so, if there are 2 camping AA tanks, he will still have a hard time.
    Imo AA and planes are at a certain level of balance, you may argue the damage from AA is kind of weak, but it's the counter for its huge range.

Huge range right, like planes don't have huge ranges too. Should we reduce planes range so ground units have a better chance?
    Should reduce AA horizontal range and increase it's damage based on how close it detonates to the aircraft like in Battlefield 1. That way AA is strong at point defence and defending the skies in the immediate area but can't shoot from across the map like they do now. It was a very good balance in Battlefield 1 that rewarded pilots with good situational awareness and rewarded AA users with good positioning.
  • snavelaer
    1037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Should reduce AA horizontal range and increase it's damage based on how close it detonates to the aircraft like in Battlefield 1. That way AA is strong at point defence and defending the skies in the immediate area but can't shoot from across the map like they do now. It was a very good balance in Battlefield 1 that rewarded pilots with good situational awareness and rewarded AA users with good positioning.
    This is actually a good idea I think. 
    Sometimes I think you are the only sane person on this forum :D
  • rock1obsta
    3811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BlazrOne wrote: »
    Even worse with bombers. But you know, pilots whine when they cant go 104-2 every game. BF 3 chopper pilots would rage when shot out of the sky. Hasn’t changed much. Although, bf-1 aa seemed to work. Go figure.

Yeah, I remember the BF3 pilot tears absolutely soaking the forum pages. Thank God for the Stinger/IGLA. Good times. Good effin times.
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    If you can't take them down with AA, how about you get into a fighter and kill them in fair 1v1 fight?

1- logic fail. Fighter/bomber vs infantry is not a fair 1 vs 1 fight either. So if they don’t play “fair” why should everyone else.

2- sometimes, often there is no plane available anyway.

In every battlefield pilots are annoying, it’s good to irritate them. BF1 was the best for this, me and my mate would take AA guns or trucks and just muller them out if the sky... the good pilots would turn around and flee or try and blind side us.
    The crap pilots would fly right at you and die.

In BFV the crap pilots fly over you slowly and take 80-90 damage.
    The good pilots fly at you and even though your demolish them you insta die.

But it’s in the nature of some pilots to feel entitled to easy kills and the right to only be killed by other pilots. Same breed as chopper **** in BF3-4. Got all stroppy when infantry got lock on weapons.

• PrecisionWing
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    (Quote)

Which planes weapon range you are talking about? MGs from fighter? Maybe you can show us how to spot an infantry from planes in distance. Bombs? You crosshair wont even lineup with tanks until you are super close. So tell us, which planes weapon has a long range when it comes to engage ground target
  • DingoKillr
    3635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Which planes weapon range you are talking about? MGs from fighter? Maybe you can show us how to spot an infantry from planes in distance. Bombs? You crosshair wont even lineup with tanks until you are super close. So tell us, which planes weapon has a long range when it comes to engage ground target

Spotting infantry is meant to be the job of your squad mate playing Recon, is it not great planes work as part of a team. BTW that should be the same guy that covers the enemy AA. Wait you don't mean you want planes to do everything including spotting and countering their counters.
  • PrecisionWing
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Spotting infantry is meant to be the job of your squad mate playing Recon, is it not great planes work as part of a team. BTW that should be the same guy that covers the enemy AA. Wait you don't mean you want planes to do everything including spotting and countering their counters.

Here we go again, when you cant defened your own arguement, you just want to avoid it all together. If you think certain plane weapon needs a range nerf, name it and the reason behind it, so we can have a proper discussion. But you just cant, your arguments regarding air and ground balance just makes no sense at all since bf4.
  • filthmcnasty
    500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Well this is part of the problem where the AA has been made overpowered in previous Battlefield games and now people have come to assume that that's the way it should be.

No, AA was equal in older games. In this game it's just a easy kill. In BF1 I'd have to use skill to kill the AA user with my attack plane, now the AA stands no chance. Even the AA tanks are awful
  • Sjangsung
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Planes are overpowered. And AA works when you use it right. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    1601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    jroggs said:
    snavelaer wrote: »
    I think the AA is in bad place now. I think the AA is in a good place when the forums start to whine about the AA being OP.

Honestly, you only know AA is getting to a fair place when the plane mains are screaming and tearing their hair out and threatening to quit playing altogether. That's at the point when AA is fighting only at a minor disadvantage but can still potentially get a kill against sloppy or unskilled pilots.
    As someone who pilots often I have to agree with that statement. Even then Mr pro fighter still has a good chance to blow you out of your sAA with rockets

The overall skillgap needs to be pronunciated more in BFV vehicleplay imo. Strengthening the rock, paper, scissors aspect would help with that. I dont know what DICE is doing with the vehicle part of this game, it's like theyve abandoned for half a year because of the badly designed infantry CQC meatgrinder CoD-maps we got.
    +1
  • filthmcnasty
    500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

That is exactly what I do with the Blenheim, until a fighter comes along. In that loadout it only has 8 50lb bombs anyway. It's a spotter plane. It's other loadout, the one with a paradrop, is useless because idiots never spawn in it
  • DingoKillr
    (Quote)

Here we go again, when you cant defened your own arguement, you just want to avoid it all together. If you think certain plane weapon needs a range nerf, name it and the reason behind it, so we can have a proper discussion. But you just cant, your arguments regarding air and ground balance just makes no sense at all since bf4.
    Asking me to justify my statement when you don't justify your own. Hypocrite much? The reason they don't make sense to you is because you want to dominate Air as a solo Air player.

You say 2 MAA to take down a plane feels right but they still have to much range. Yet single planes are able to take out ground vehicle in a single pass. Is this balanced?

Now this huge range you talked about is not so great when planes can tank that damage and yet still destroy the AA.

It not about a specific weapon whether MG, rockets or bombs starts from beyond the AA range or not, it is whether you should have that right for planes to weapons with ranges greater than AA.

I will just point out that if an Assault can solo a Tank why should not a Infantry class or a vehicle be able to 1 v 1 a plane.
  • Trokey66
    8520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is almost an old Stigla thread!
  • snavelaer
    1037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just out of interest what was the best AA vs plane balance in a BF game? I know it's defiantly not BFV.
    To answer you question.

For me that was Battlefield 1943 and Battelfied Bad company 2; Vietnam.

In Battefield 1943 the AA was extremely powerfull. Nothing compared what we have in the last 10 years. 

The AA was very powerfull so being in it's range was almost garanteed death so as a pilot you needed to be aware of the elevation of the map and the flags you owned. Because there were 2 planes on each side and with an option to get a third plane from the airfield the waiting times for planes was relativily small. I mean it was 12 vs 12 so 25% planes is a lot. Yet because they were powerfull but taken out easily and the waiting time for another plane was small it felt very balanced. 

The AA had an angle of almost 90 degrees up , but down it couldn't point down lower than 0 degrees. Because the AA were often on elevated ground it (like aircraftcarriers, hills etc) meant you could fly below it and come up the last second and bomb the AA operator. This was more easily than you think. you would often need to fly extremely low. This tactic was often countered by AA operators on the aircraftcarrier and they would hop in the sideboats (higginsboats) 50. call. (maybe it were .303 though  :p
    Those 50. call on the higgingsboat could fire below 0 degrees and were an absolute devastating for the pilot. Anyways it was a real cat and mouse game.

It took me hours and hours to figure out when to drop the bombs. I saw the potential of the plane by seeing succesfull pilots dropping bombs on targets.
    You had no splash damage of the bombs. So you had to be precise. But.....it was a one hit kill on tanks. No bombssights and certainly no convenient magic crosshair for your bombs. 
    It took me a long long long time to get decent in the planes but it is also possible I stuck to long in the title screen :D I needed to watch youtube to figure out when to drop the bombs. 
    I mean what a great Battlefield theme was that!!!! Never skipped it!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOB4q01VCVg

I can imagine it is a bit to hard to learn to fly those awesome Corsairs and Zero's and make them more accessible. But making bombsight and convenient magic crosshairs isn't the way. You could easily learn how to fly and bomb (and where to release your bombs) in a singleplayer campaign. 

We had bad company 2 wich was ok until every kid and his mother would start circle jerk.  Like you said. Atacama is unplayable.
    Vietnam (BFBC2) was great because the tanks acted like AA's. On the Vietnam tanks you had a nice juicy MG43. 

• Desyatnik_Pansy
    1463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Isn't the problem less about AA Tanks and more the stationary AA Being utterly terrible?
  • PrecisionWing
    (Quote)

The reason they don't make sense to you is because you want to dominate Air as a solo Air player.

Actually I was one of those few pilots asking for an AA buff couple patches before, just check my post history and you can find it. Unlike your biased comments, I just want a balanced air-ground game since bf4. Have you ever asked for a plane buff or AA nerf when they were completely unbalanced? Of course no.DingoKillr said:
    (Quote)

it is whether you should have that right for planes to weapons with ranges greater than AA.

LOL, that's a good example of your problem since bf4. Which airplane weapon has a longer range than AA gun? Tell us. You just lack the basic understanding of both air and ground vehicles, got killed by airplanes 10 times and jump in this forums to make some unrealistic complaints. Learn how to use AA and plane first. 
    (Quote)

Asking me to justify my statement when you don't justify your own. Hypocrite much? The reason they don't make sense to you is because you want to dominate Air as a solo Air player.

You say 2 MAA to take down a plane feels right but they still have to much range. Yet single planes are able to take out ground vehicle in a single pass. Is this balanced?

Now this huge range you talked about is not so great when planes can tank that damage and yet still destroy the AA.

It not about a specific weapon whether MG, rockets or bombs starts from beyond the AA range or not, it is whether you should have that right for planes to weapons with ranges greater than AA.

I will just point out that if an Assault can solo a Tank why should not a Infantry class or a vehicle be able to 1 v 1 a plane.
    First thing first, why should one infantry having the ability to solo a tank? That's one thing dice messed up, there are already so many threads regarding that.
    And many players are soloing air planes in bf5 on a daily basis, as infantry and MAA. I'm one of them, it's more about the guy using the vehicle, but the vehicle itself.DingoKillr said:
    (Quote)

You say 2 MAA to take down a plane feels right but they still have to much range. 
    I already mentioned, ifly has a whole squad behind him, and there is a secondary bomber at all times. Currently, in a solo 1v1, both AA tank and bomber have a 50/50 chance, in the end, it's more depending on the player. 
  • TheyHaveScissors
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 8
    50/50 against a hard counter? A bomber? That sounds like terrible balance to me.
  • Luka156
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TIRE OF 120 KILL / 3 DEATH FORUM BOMBER DOING NOTHING