This Week in Battlefield V

High Server Latency since 4.4 Patch

Comments

• thx_4_the_lag
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pings are 80-100 on every NA server and I am on super fast connection. Half the team is 120-150. Can't kill anyone, can't do damage WTF is going on with this game???
  • ProAssassin2003
    3359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It sucks to because the game is in a really good spot now and this Ping issue is keeping it terrible.

Why is it always 1 step forward 2 steps back.
  • jfpunk21
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE and their constant GARBAGE patches ! screwing everything up as always ! 
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I keep checking the QoL Trello - no fix yet. The latency is terrible and game changing the 'Hotfix' is desperately needed

https://trello.com/c/NJmo7ctJ
  • KrullBorg
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yes unplayable also today... and the matchmaking keep sending me in servers on mars
  • oudx02
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wait for cod ..this game and studio dont care about bfv anymore
  • ackers75
    2386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Omg this netcode is absolutely garbage!
    Turn the servers off and call it a day for crying out loud.
  • G-Gnu
    1412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As usual Soon ™ . GJ releasing an other patch that effs up the game in a new way. Wonder what they will eff up next.
  • RayD_O1
    513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Absolutely unbelievable.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I find it quite absurd that DICE expects us to deal with these serious latency issues for about another month. Update 4.4 garnered a fair bit of praise, and even looked like the beginning of a turning point ... but no, things have come crashing down once again. Once again, things have been delayed. It's as if this is some sort of circus.

DICE, you have to realise by now that this game desperately needs a consistent flow of good news. It needs to do a massive amount of work to build goodwill among those who have spurned this game after months on end. Many people have been sticking with this game through all of it's nonsense, but our patience is not unlimited.

DICE ... things must change! How have you not understood this already? Was your General Manager's apology just a few days ago worthless?
  • sabootheshaman
    1100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wasn’t the point if 4.4 to make the game easier to update/hotfix?

This is the your average bug. This is a effectively online only game at this point guys.

You also need to stop throwing your Community Managers under the bus.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    4.4 got lots of praise as a great update when it's the worst update yet?

Really confusing.
  • sabootheshaman
    1100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Really confusing.
    Who said it was the worst yet? It was an ok update solving a lot of issues. This particular issue is not game breaking for a lot of people form what i can tell. In fact, servers are more populated than they were before the patch. 

You're jaded, you have said you are leaving so many times. Why do you keep coming back? (rhetorical question, please don't answer)
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 9

Really confusing.
    Yep I find it weird that the patch got praise when the game has been utterly borked by the latency issues.

DICE are going to take another 3 weeks to fix it, which to be frank is a disgrace. We're going to take longer and get it right rubbish again, basically no one there has a clue how to fix it because the talent upped a left many moons a go.

DICE are in utter disarray and to be frank BF6 or BC3 has little hope in turning out well either.
  • ackers75
    2386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another thread says battlefield v has nothing to worry about in regards to modern warfare.

Then this silliness happens!

Battlefield should most definitely be worrying!
  • BeastofBourbon84
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Man I thought this problem could be fixed pretty quick with a server-side update. Can't believe were supposed to wait for the September update :(
  • jroggs
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been looking into the prices for patching games, and while the info I can find is unclear and murky, it points to it being really expensive to put out patches on console due to certification. As in tens of thousands of dollars per patch each, for both Sony and Microsoft, just to drop a patch. Think about that in terms of sales. You're talking about literally thousands of games sold just to cover the costs of this one hotfix.

Make no mistake, this really sucks for us that the game is just going to be sitting broken indefinitely (as 4.6 currently doesn't have a date to my knowledge). But it makes sense from a business perspective. The positive word of mouth they gain from hotfixing this will evaporate when 4.6 breaks other things, while the negativity from leaving the latency unfixed is pretty much tolerable as we players largely cry and stamp our feet and then pretty much do nothing. So why through all that money away for something worthless to them?

They're totally lying that they need more time. But I get it.
  • XTommy_GunnerX
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10
    TLDR; Can confirm that there appears to be some players who seem to be unaffected by the latency bug for the most part. And maybe DICE should be worried about Modern Warfare with the way things are going.

Yeah, I've noticed that there were a few players who seemed to be almost unaffected by the latency issues. Even though my ping is only 100 after this bug (usually 40), there was this one specific player whose ping was 60, but every time I ran into him it was like I was playing with a 300 ping. It was as if he had a substantial drop on me every time I came across him. We'd meet, I'd start firing, and then instadeath. In some cases, without any of the few bullets that I managed to get off, even registering a single damage point even though they were dead on target. Some cases I did manage to kill him, but it was still pretty obvious that most people who came across this guy were at a distinct disadvantage.

Either way, as much as I love the gunplay in BFV, I think I've suffered through enough of this BS since launch. I miss the days where the bugs you had to worry about were people getting out of the map through glitch spots and picking people off, and that was about it. The funny thing is, BF actually stole me away from CoD after BO2, because that's when CoD started going downhill in my opinion. Now, with BFV, it seems the roles are reversing. And I'm willing to bet a lot of people are feeling that way. I know that once MW releases, it's going to steal a large chunk of my time. Whether it keeps me for good, is going to be up to DICE and if they can fix this issue fast, and whether or not Operation Underground and the Pacific Chapter can hold any kind of salt without their constituent updates introducing even more problems.