Weekly BF

Modern warfare sucks BF has nothing to worry about

Comments

• Toxic_CA
    905 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like how this has nothing to do with bfv yet sits in general because its bashing cod. Great bias mod team!
  • ackers75
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    I like how this has nothing to do with bfv yet sits in general because its bashing cod. Great bias mod team!

Yeah I thought that too lol.
    If it said” new cod destroys battlefield v” it would have been moved within the hour!
  • Godmodegta
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CoD will never satisfied me with out it having destruction, of destroying house's like BF.
  • KingRofty
    549 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CoD will never satisfied me with out it having destruction, of destroying house's like BF.
    WUT?? Are you serious?

You wanna tell me if I jump into a tank in MW, I won't be able to drive through buildings, etc. ?

Not gonna work for me either.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    Toxic_CA wrote: »

Yeah I thought that too lol.
    If it said” new cod destroys battlefield v” it would have been moved within the hour!
    You aren't making sense. All people are posting here is how COD capitalized on BFV failures, how excited people are for the new COD, how the new COD will kill BFV, how people can't wait to jump ship. How do you see the title as proof of the mods not wanting anti - battlefield threads when there's 10 pages worth of discussion here showing the contrary? 
  • Sjangsung
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Have never played the COD MP only SP.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1970 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

COD made so many lame games.  They haven't recovered from the wall climbing spider man future stuff yet.  COD WW2 game didn't seem to exciting and already forgotten.  I bought Black ops 4.  I was bored with it first month.  COD is more less like when Star Trek came out back in the day.  People be saying is it a odd or even number sequel?  COD is nothing more then tiny fish bowl maps recycled assets year to year.
    This the first time they broke down and made a new engine and taking risks of adding in more players per server.  Heck did they even say if we get to pick the server we want or we just forced into random quick match play?  Heck we probably don't even have squads either if were joining with friends.
    How you tell your buddy to hurry up and hop in my tank before a random gets in it?  I doubt they have a lock for it.  Also no destruction.  20vs20 on multiple youtube videos people said its dull and boring.  2vs2 isn't my thing.  Only chance I'd consider this game is a good in depth video of 50vs50 in action.  Not all hubbed together at some convention center over hyping the train..COD4 was my favorite.  Looks like they moreless using tons of them old assets of that game.  All the videos I watched seemed like they crushing like COD4 maps into one big new map moreless.  Also like to see the crazy kill streaks in action.  Hope not some lame nuke.  They mentioned the tank and some 4 wheeler and the armored suit guy with Sammy Hagar Heavy Metal song blarring.  That's all we know.  I wouldn't pre-order till we see 50vs50 in action and holding up and people dying quickly.  I know they said sprinting is more of a slow pace now.  Not sure I like that.  But so far 2vs2 and 20vs20 looks dull to me..Most likely no matter what the camping will be brutal. I can see it now if the kill streaks are wild and cheap.  You will have to rent a tent and make a campsite for this game.  Maybe if they got bare bones eliminating kills streaks and vehicles just randomly spawn in teams main spawn area fine cool beans.  But if they don't have multiple variation then meh.  I still like to see the servers as well. If we can pick the server or just throw into quick matches..Still 100 players don't mean much if it doesn't play well.  Heck I hated PUBG the first day.

That’s an awful lot of text for someone that’s not even played the game!
    Do you have a crystal ball?
    I read articles and watched a lot of the video clips of CODMW.  Besides some insiders leaking stuff.  Best to study a game before buying let alone preordering.
  • ackers75
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I read articles and watched a lot of the video clips of CODMW.  Besides some insiders leaking stuff.  Best to study a game before buying let alone preordering.

I hear many leaks about plenty of games but it doesn’t mean they are true, in fact half of them aren’t
  • BURGERKRIEG
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the utter disappointment BFV has garnered from the fans has created the conditions for COD to poach significant numbers from BF.

You can look at You Tube content creators as a barometer of how the winds are changing. I already see the BF YouTubers are going to give the game a try and see how it goes down with their audiences.

I don’t like how COD plays and I’ll be giving the beta a spin next week. It could be rubbish but it’s going to cut into the numbers playing BFV.

The next content drop in BFV has to be top quality to stop a big player bleed.
  • JabbaThePutt
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

A lot of info about multiplayer between the 30-50 minute mark.
  • OskooI_007
    860 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10
    42:25 mark the developers talk about only having realistic and authentic customisations. No unicorn assault rifles and that sort of thing. This is great news!

codbo4_tacticalunicorn.jpg
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • BURGERKRIEG
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    42:25 mark the developers talk about only having realistic and authentic customisations. No unicorn assault rifles and that sort of thing. This is great news!
    Yeah but what about those loot boxes they “can’t talk about right now” every time they are asked? That’s not so great news.

• Cerben1
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    any chans the tubers will like this game and leave BFV so the normal players can have it fixed for our needs and not patched for frag fests whit soumi? 
  • ashleyandnicole
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did you play the 64+ mode? If not I would speak so soon
  • The_BERG_366
    2422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    how did this thread blew up like that? everything OP said is true (except for the title). cod mw is still very much a cod and feels like a cod. if you like or are Ok with that, the game probabaly has a lot more to offer than previous titles of the series. but still... it is cod, its not a title to redefine the series. its still much more similar to any cod than it is to bf4 or bf3 for example.
    now I do think that there is something to worry about to a degree. but as OP said, bf still provides something very different.
    I do belive that there will be players switching and also that it will be a lot more than in previous years. however I highly doubt that the majority of the bf playerbase will enjoy cod and hence I also doubt that bf will be "destroyed" by cod. After all cod is still very much reaction and movement based (on console at least), things that bf players really don't seem to like based on the feedback from previous games.
    I know a lot of players are really looking forward to the game and might think they will really like it. well some of you will but I'm convinced most of you won't.
  • The_BERG_366
    2422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am hoping you are wrong. BFV was an abomination.  Certainly not the game to keep me interested. I uninstalled it a couple of weeks after I had it. I would not have played it were it free.  But I do enjoy BF4 and BF1 still.   But it has been too long and we need a new thing.  Friends and I pre ordered MW.  I know, we broke the golden rule of never pre order. But we are so bored we need something new.  This is the first COD I got for, well, I do not even know how long. At least 10 years. Because, BF had nothing to offer now it got taken over by console game designers and SJW lunatics.  Not to mention insulting the sacrifice of real people that went before so people like him (Soderland) could pontificate.  He could buy me a ferrari and I would try to force feed it to him.  (Yeah, ban me!) Whatever. He was a reprehensible individual and pretty disgusting to be honest.  But there is a bigger problem in terms of BF.  The series seems to have lost its way.

WHY?  Be more, be bigger, be open and keep the bs politics out of it. 

so you complain about bf being taken over by "console game designer" to then go over to COD out of all things... COD which is THE console fps game. the new cod, just like all cods in the last 10 or so years, is designed mainly with consoles in mind. apparently they actually provide a good pc port for once but thst won't change the fact that this game is still the definition of a console fps game.
  • ackers75
    how did this thread blew up like that? everything OP said is true (except for the title). cod mw is still very much a cod and feels like a cod. if you like or are Ok with that, the game probabaly has a lot more to offer than previous titles of the series. but still... it is cod, its not a title to redefine the series. its still much more similar to any cod than it is to bf4 or bf3 for example.
    now I do think that there is something to worry about to a degree. but as OP said, bf still provides something very different.
    I do belive that there will be players switching and also that it will be a lot more than in previous years. however I highly doubt that the majority of the bf playerbase will enjoy cod and hence I also doubt that bf will be "destroyed" by cod. After all cod is still very much reaction and movement based (on console at least), things that bf players really don't seem to like based on the feedback from previous games.
    I know a lot of players are really looking forward to the game and might think they will really like it. well some of you will but I'm convinced most of you won't.

So what’s your opinion actually based on?
  • royzl_star
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Toxic_CA said:
    Well, if that's the case, the jokes on them, a vast majority of the comments are prassing COD and bashing BF

And if were getting real, even BF is bashing BF
  • thamac15
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Look gentlemen, keep it simple. Dice has alienated original BF fans while gaining players from other games like CoD. The problem with BF is that Dice has consistently released broken games with more problems than the last. It took them nearly a year to release an update that increased the rank,...such a simplistic aspect to a game and it took them that long. They address issues while inducing more at the same time. The squad screen bug has been an issue since the beta and it’s still not addressed (fire your weapon and have the squad screen pop up). Dice has proven two things. They can be relied on to release a bug ridden game and they can be relied on to cause BF fans to go to other FPS games rather than continue to buy Garbagefield.

Dice had to resort to WW1 and release a barebones basic game with little to nothing going on because they can’t handle large games like BF4 which took forever to fix!
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The rank thing though was hardly a bug or issue affecting the game.
    Of all the issues that needed working on that was probably very bottom of the pile.

That it took almost a year is not an issue. Its that it’s almost been a year, dying and visibility are still broken, class and plane balance are still out of whack, there’s a shortage of maps and a random/haphazard approach to adding games modes and removing them ... and now adding lame mini games no one wanted. All this unfixed .... but they increased the max rank? Who even notices other players ranks.. I don’t even pay attention to the names of the mooks killing me unless they cheat (bomb me from a plane— I’m then honorbound to make sure your plane dies)... let alone their rank.
    Wouldn’t mind it if the rest of the games issues had been sorted....

I’ve often defended this game. It has great moments in it but the time it has taken to repair it is now sinking down to BF4 levels of badness.
This discussion has been closed.