This Week in Battlefield V

Wake Island and a lot more content datamined for chapter 5

Comments

• NuttysKunKs
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    You dont like conquest, you dont like Battlefield.

I don't like running in circles not one bit. Give me good old rush any day of the week.

That’s why you can do something called defend :P
  • VincentNZ
    2881 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wake Island has a horseshoe map design and no cover beyond four huts on each of the five flags it had in every iteration. This means that if you are anywhere on the inner part of the horseshoe you are exposed to anyone, anywhere that has a sightline to one spot on that inner side. Thanks to the horseshoe design if you can see one spot, you can see all.
    Even Iwo Jima, if you take the whole Island, there are two mountains and an isthmus in the middle. Unless they add a wide tunnel system, churches, hangars and warehouses in between it will not work, it can not work.

• barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I don't like running in circles not one bit. Give me good old rush any day of the week.

That’s why you can do something called defend :P

Or just play a mode that's more fun like rush.
  • ChickenTheTank
    329 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Other than BF4, conquest hasn't been the best mode in BF since BF2. Since then is been Rush and Breakthrough (and whatever breakthrough is called in BF1).

Unless you like paying ring around the objective points I guess.
  • GenesisMD5745
    434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not going to get too excited until I see gameplay. Like many others, I've lost interest in BFV and have had it uninstalled for awhile. Even if the maps and other content are fully revealed and look great, the gameplay will likely be the same stuff that made me uninstall the game.

But I'll still look out for any news regarding the DLC. Hopefully DICE will do the next chapter right and deliver great content and gameplay, but unfortunately many features that help ruin the game (such as attrition) will still be present.
  • MarxistDictator
    4906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Wake Island has a horseshoe map design and no cover beyond four huts on each of the five flags it had in every iteration. This means that if you are anywhere on the inner part of the horseshoe you are exposed to anyone, anywhere that has a sightline to one spot on that inner side. Thanks to the horseshoe design if you can see one spot, you can see all.Even Iwo Jima, if you take the whole Island, there are two mountains and an isthmus in the middle. Unless they add a wide tunnel system, churches, hangars and warehouses in between it will not work, it can not work.

Iwo needs a tunnel system underneath it as deep as the Peacekeeper maze to do it justice.
  • mrtwotimes
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Then stop running in circles and blaming the mode.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 9
    It would be prudent for DICE to get the game working first and foremost, I'm struggling to get enthusiastic for anything given the dismal state the game is in. Last patch made things even worse which I didn't think was possible.

Rapidly realising that DICE won't be able to turn this fiasco around. Time after time and patch after patch they let us down.
  • Vespervin
    1333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Would be nice if it was. Could be for ships want Panzerstorm is for tanks.

I hope it is a recreation of that map. It’s one of my favourites from 1942.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    maps look too open for pacific maps :/
  • ChickenTheTank
    edited September 9
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    (Quote)

Also @NuttysKunKs
    So I can try and defend an objective with 2-6 other people when the mob of 12+ attackers circles their way to me? It's not effective and doesn't even slow attackers down enough yo normally help the team.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Yes there is nothing more fun than sitting still waiting for 10+ players to charge the objective. Especially when you're on your own whilst your team charges around the map.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, those are winter uniforms for the Americans. Doubt it's for the Pacific. Maybe for a Battle of the Bulge like map (s), probably "Panzerstorm Winter".
  • Noodlesocks
    2874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sucks that every faction's standard issue rifle is stuck in recon but the US rifle goes to Assault.
  • mrtwotimes
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Also @NuttysKunKs
    So I can try and defend an objective with 2-6 other people when the mob of 12+ attackers circles their way to me? It's not effective and doesn't even slow attackers down enough yo normally help the team.
    Yes you can, nothing forces you to not do so.

The mode doesn't force players to choose a circle zerg.

Get a better squad if you can't handle it.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 9
    I dont see Wake Island playing out well with the current non-functional plane-ground balance lol

My thoughts exactly. Wake Island plus BFV gameplay will be a Disaster.

All these maps scream Snipers will ruin them.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tropical Islands reminds me of Lost Islands from BF4

It's probably Copy and Pasted from BF4. Looks almost identical.
  • oudx02
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Who cares
  • SirTerrible
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can't wait to get shot by people hiding in a bush on Jungle and Tropic Islands.
  • ChickenTheTank
    (Quote)
    Yes you can, nothing forces you to not do so.

The mode doesn't force players to choose a circle zerg.

Get a better squad if you can't handle it.

That's the most unproductive attitude you can have if you ever want to see conquest change back to gameplay revolved around a shifting front between objectives and flanking attacks.

And I would argue the mode does force that in its current state because that's how generally every conquest game goes.

It's because the movement is so much faster in this game that it's substantially harder to hold and defend in one area.