Weekly Debrief

Wake Island and a lot more content datamined for chapter 5

Comments

• ChickenTheTank
    336 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tropical Islands reminds me of Lost Islands from BF4

It's probably Copy and Pasted from BF4. Looks almost identical.

And @SirSpectacle

I think that's a concept image from the map on BF4. That one likely isn't artwork of the BF5 map, rather than a reference of what the "idea" of the map is.
  • mrtwotimes
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yes you can, nothing forces you to not do so.

The mode doesn't force players to choose a circle zerg.

Get a better squad if you can't handle it.

That's the most unproductive attitude you can have if you ever want to see conquest change back to gameplay revolved around a shifting front between objectives and flanking attacks.

And I would argue the mode does force that in its current state because that's how generally every conquest game goes.

It's because the movement is so much faster in this game that it's substantially harder to hold and defend in one area.
    Well unfortunately that's only your opinion.   Players control the movement in game,  not the game mode of conquest.  I've proven it in game for myself, maybe you have not been successful.
  • NuttysKunKs
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Then stop running in circles and blaming the mode.

Also @NuttysKunKs
    So I can try and defend an objective with 2-6 other people when the mob of 12+ attackers circles their way to me? It's not effective and doesn't even slow attackers down enough yo normally help the team.

Well if you are outnumbered hide. Don’t fire. Wait - they will all run off then simply cap the flag again.

That’s a smart way to deal with those situations.

1 solid defender can do some awesome stuff.
  • sabootheshaman
    1112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't like the bf4 remake odds on I won't like it in BFV. Still hopefully this will shut up those more conquest types who cry if any content gets released that isn't conquest.
    Terrible map.  It was a bit low on content. Honestly I could never get it to load.
  • ChickenTheTank
    (Quote)
    Well unfortunately that's only your opinion.   Players control the movement in game,  not the game mode of conquest.  I've proven it in game for myself, maybe you have not been successful.

You go ahead and continue trying to defend on conquest, and enjoy the terrible gameplay involved in that. I'll play fun game modes like Breakthrough and Rush, where there's actually structure to a match :)
  • xKusagamix
    948 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10
    "We want more contents"
    Contents info drop
    "Yeah, new contents sound nice but its dont work with gameplay"
    Like srsly, what more do you expect a game to change after nearly a year since it's released?

And do people who complain about the ground to air combat for Wake Island realize that we may get the Fliegerfaust?
  • trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10
    i do admit that Wake Island if faithful with runway and the carrier and landing boats...could get me to come back Soon™.
  • trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wake and Metro seem like good picks until you remember BF V's gameplay. Oh boy...

At least they didn't make it disgusting and ugly like BF3 Wake.
    You just woke me out of my stupor.  
  • xKusagamix
    948 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    (Quote)
    You just woke me out of my stupor.  
    If they could realize that their tree/bush assets in BFV is far worse than BF1 then the problem with prone camper could be reduce a bit.
    But still, i don't think the general visibility in BFV will ever be fixed. Worst object rendering game by far in Frostbite engine.
  • DevilsBathtub
    834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maps look good, actually getting excited again with BFV.

Loved wake island in BF1943, hope the landing craft return.
  • VincentNZ
    2921 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

You go ahead and continue trying to defend on conquest, and enjoy the terrible gameplay involved in that. I'll play fun game modes like Breakthrough and Rush, where there's actually structure to a match :)

Sorry to break it to you, but if you think Conquest is a poor gamemode, then BT and Rush are just as awful. The only structure to it is that there is only one direction you have to face and the enemy movement is predictable and heavily limited. And movement only counts for the Attacker who are always at a disadvantage.
    Conquest is always balanced and much more dynamic and flexible. The real issue for all modes is that maps are designed for conquest, but with other modes in mind, resulting in a sub-par experience on all maps. Sightlines are too long and too wide, there are no lanes just plain fields, and if there are lanes they will be used to reenact the first scene of Private Ryan. It gets subsequently worse, too, when more modes are cramped into existing maps.
    Further player preference, or some player groups' preferences, has some say which results in static gameplay for both sides with one stable frontline.
  • THECOMMANDER66
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are the Pacific maps on the Al Neverdan release schedule also? I bet the Pacific maps will release as TDM only maps.
  • GrizzGolf
    989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why no M1?
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10
    trip1ex said:
    The "community" will hate Wake Island because it's CQA.

The Americans hold all 5 flags in BF42 and the Japanese have to invade.  And players aren't going to want to invade and die trying.  IT's about pad the KDR.  
    I doubt they will make same mistake as with Hamada. CQA doesn't work in this game, so it will probably be 2 ACs on each side for people to spawn in.

As for pilots destroying carriers - They can easily put aimbotted AA turrets just like in BF4 so that people can have a free way to the island.
  • trip1ex
    trip1ex said:
    The "community" will hate Wake Island because it's CQA.

The Americans hold all 5 flags in BF42 and the Japanese have to invade.  And players aren't going to want to invade and die trying.  IT's about pad the KDR.  
    I doubt they will make same mistake as with Hamada. CQA doesn't work in this game, so it will probably be 2 ACs on each side for people to spawn in.

As for pilots destroying carriers - They can easily put aimbotted AA turrets just like in BF4 so that people can have a free way to the island.
    Getting rid of CQA would get rid of a lot of the fun because you won't have the whole invade the island or defend concept.

And how would they do regular conquest?   Just have the Americans just start with the base in the middle of the island and every other flag is empty?

I wouldn't say CQA won't work with the game.  I'd say it doesn't work with the "community."  The community doesn't want to invade.  They just want to farm.  or play flag merry go round.  To  actually push and take flags under fire is for the little people.  

• ninjapenquinuk
    1842 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CQA didnt work on Hamada because the avenue of advance for the attackers was obvious and so you end up with just a fall frontal assault across cover-less terrain.  CQA works best when the attacker can hit multiple flags.  On wake, with the assumption of landing craft, means you can hit multiple locations on the island.  Though you will get rounds where the attacking team struggles to gain a foothold, but i prefer that to the usual merry go round maps
  • VincentNZ
    2921 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ts, CQA worked great and was the whole point of the map design. All you had to do as the British was to jump out of a plane at the back or drive a halftrack to E and set a foothold. These three flags are easily captured and when the pressure is kept up, on A and B, German side will be pushed back to C and D. I do not think I ever lost one round of Hamada as the British when it was CQA and now even more.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Then stop running in circles and blaming the mode.

Also @NuttysKunKs
    So I can try and defend an objective with 2-6 other people when the mob of 12+ attackers circles their way to me? It's not effective and doesn't even slow attackers down enough yo normally help the team.

Well if you are outnumbered hide. Don’t fire. Wait - they will all run off then simply cap the flag again.

That’s a smart way to deal with those situations.

1 solid defender can do some awesome stuff.

Scout flare says no.
  • ChickenTheTank
    edited September 10
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

Sorry to break it to you, but if you think Conquest is a poor gamemode, then BT and Rush are just as awful. The only structure to it is that there is only one direction you have to face and the enemy movement is predictable and heavily limited. And movement only counts for the Attacker who are always at a disadvantage.
    Conquest is always balanced and much more dynamic and flexible. The real issue for all modes is that maps are designed for conquest, but with other modes in mind, resulting in a sub-par experience on all maps. Sightlines are too long and too wide, there are no lanes just plain fields, and if there are lanes they will be used to reenact the first scene of Private Ryan. It gets subsequently worse, too, when more modes are cramped into existing maps.Further player preference, or some player groups' preferences, has some say which results in static gameplay for both sides with one stable frontline.

Oh, so you mean BT and Rush actually have structure? You admit it yourself. Whether you like the structure or not, at least it's there. The structure of a match in conquest ends at "spawn into the game." After that, there's no structure for anything. You're entitled to your own opinion, but you aren't entitled to your own facts.

Also, I think you're the first person I've read complain that maps are "too big" with "too much empty space and open sight lines." Since launch the claims have definitely been small maps, crowded close combat infantry focus, with poor sightlines in general.

I feel like we play two different games...