This Week in Battlefield V

New Mode

Ameriken05
404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Large battles with combined arms, with some mixed objectives for the whole family...

Introducing *COOL MODE NAME*

Players: 64+
Map Size: Large
Objective:  Both teams start off with a small HQ area on opposite ends of a LARGE map.  The objective is to protect your own HQ while targeting and destroying the enemy's.  HQs consist of 2-3 MCOM-like stations (or 1 big one) that can be destroyed by planting bombs, while the HQ itself can be built up with fortifications, obstacles and fixed weapons.  In between the two HQs are multiple flag objectives, that if captured provide additional resources/assets to the capturing team (i.e. motor pools/vehicle spawns, additional reinforcement types, strong points, heavy weapon emplacements etc.).  Both teams struggle to secure objectives, attack/defend HQs as necessary in a very open sandbox map full of vehicles and dismounts. 

It's Conquest meets Rush meets Capture the Flag meets Tower Defense - objectives and play styles for everyone in a very new and improved BF environment.

Additional Rules (or Possible Hardcore Options?)

1. Every vehicle and class has limited slots per map, can be based on specific objectives seized, with priority placed on game balancing
2. In-Game Commander to try to direct general team strategy by giving squad leaders orders, can call in BIG reinforcements (i.e. carpet bombing, special heavy vehicles/weapons)
3. Squad Leaders can see each other's orders to help coordinate/deconflict efforts, can call in MEDIUM reinforcements (i.e. artillery/smoke barrages, medium vehicles/weapons)
4. Individual players can call in SMALL reinforcements (i.e. special weapons, supply drops)
*5. Teams can decide WHAT to build on captured objectives (a la tower defense), be it a heavy weapon/arty emplacement, strongpoint, vehicle depot, or communication site (reinforcements)

Don't get me wrong - I love the traditional BF modes and I really was hoping Grand Operations was going to continue to evolve (and maybe it will still), but I get feeling after all the mixed trial and error of modes in recent BF titles that we need something BIG next - and the mode described above is just something that sounds like a lot of fun to me, would checkoff a lot of BF needs, and would be generally fun for the majority of BF players.  We need big maps, but maybe a mode like this could support even bigger maps and more players?

If not for BFV, perhaps for BF6: 1980's Cold War  

Yours

CPT CALIGULA

Comments

• DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I only want RUSH!
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5449 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like a variation of Carrier Assault from bf4 and that mode wasn't really fun or popular.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10
    Sounds like a variation of Carrier Assault from bf4 and that mode wasn't really fun or popular.

Maybe for you but I quite liked it.

• Draxonfly
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds cool. But i think the game has to many modes as it is splitting the players around.
    Conquest and Rush is all we need.
  • ragnarok013
    3207 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

I enjoyed it as well!
  • Matty101yttam
    961 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like base race, a game mode where the first to build a base wins, you couldn't destroy the oppositions base though, i have suggested it before but like all suggestions i've never seen a hint that it was read or that they ever actually implement player suggestions, so good luck.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I only want RUSH!

Agree 100%
  • Ameriken05
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I would like Rush and Frontlines back, or just a retooled Grand Operations that is something closer to what BF1 had (I like the idea of mixed game modes, but lost something when they abandoned battalions and battle results having a much greater impact on next map).

Regarding the OP, yes it is very similar to Carrier Assault or Titan Mode, but a little bit more in-depth and related to Conquest.  I think the key difference is that you still would have 3-4 flag objectives spread across the map, but whether or not you focus on capturing or not would really dictate how successful you can be assaulting the enemy's HQ.  Also, adding in an element where you could choose (who chooses? Commander?) what kind of asset to construct on a captured objective would lend huge replay value.  It steals a page from Tower Defense in that maybe your team just wants to push up and install heavy artillery positions with each objective captured, with the final objective within range of the enemy HQ.  Or maybe you setup radio stations that are able to call in more advanced reinforcements like carpet bombing, naval barrages, special heavy weapons, etc.  Or maybe you want another vehicle or troop depot to increase spawn slots or tickets.  OR MAYBE you want to just turn it into a strong point that you can fortify and arm to the brim with fixed weapons.  All of this would put you in better position to assault and destroy the enemy HQ, and most importantly would be great for a large 64+ player and massive vehicle battle.  It just sounds like fun to me - would love to see them try this one maybe ONE BFV map instead of some of these other random game modes...

CPT CALIGULA
  • ElliotLH
    8372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds alright. I'd play it for sure.
  • Woodlbrad
    644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 11
    I liked scavenger and gun master in bf3 maybe those would be good timed weekly modes.
  • Vespervin
    1333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I enjoyed it as well!
    I also enjoyed Carrier Assault, it reminded me of the joy I had when playing the Titan mode from Battlefield 2142. The only thing that bugged me about Carrier Assault was how both teams had the exact same ship. It would've been better if they had the same interiors but different exteriors.