Just went back to BF1

Comments

• Jedimaster5577
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    It's not the worst. You just don't like it. There's a difference.

Which makes it the worst surely? 😀
    Mommy's drunk again on red wine again  :p
  • Woodlbrad
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    zenn_nme wrote: »
    BF1 = Atmosphere. It's the thing that's missing in BFV.

Pretty much. I mean....I cant stand Bf1 anymore because of the elites and behemoths and cheese auto rotation on console...but at least you FELT like it was a WW1 game. And those little facts displayed while loading gave you a bit of knowledge you may not have known otherwise, which added to the atmosphere

Not really a good representation of WW1 trench warfare like verdun. But Bf1 has some moments on certain maps it’s a great FPS anyway.
  • research-kitchen
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The people left playing Bf3/4/1 are usually quite good and would be welcomed in a new BF.
    Played the alpha and beta BFV and it was so bad, I knew I wasn't going to buy it.  I'm one of those that bought almost every BF game since the beginning.  The forums is a test to how bad BFV is, glad I didn't waste my money.  I hope everyone that hated  BFV learned there lesson, don't pre order anything from EA.  I quit pre ordering games after the BF4 launch.
  • Sjangsung
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Still play BF4 BF1 but mostly BFV it get better.
  • KrullBorg
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10
    And holy crap! They did a lot right with this one, contrary to BF5. Balance is great, and by this time in BF1 we were getting the last of the DLC, Apocalypse.

This was a game with a vision, it started out rough, but by this time into it's life (BF5 has been out for 11 months now) most issues were fixed. I can only shake my head with BF5.

i tried yesterday: all empty servers (EU)

BF4: some server full of cheaters and laggers
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2026 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg said:

User error. Yesterday evening/night there were around 40 populated servers in EU PC, excluding game modes for TDM and 64p Operations. So probably considerably more than 50 altogether.
  • KrullBorg
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10
    KrullBorg said:

User error. Yesterday evening/night there were around 40 populated servers in EU PC, excluding game modes for TDM and 64p Operations. So probably considerably more than 50 altogether.

right now... i cannot spawn... or if i spawn i'm without the weapon ROTFL ... and i cannot quit the game
  • Mr_Tinman08
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I uninstalled BFV and went back to BF1, just felt like a much better game, anytime I died I thought yeah fair enough. Games were quite evenly balanced and it still looks good.

I was talked into trying BFV again, after an hour of playing I was ready to quit again. I just find it so frustrating with all the bugs it has, ping has gone up, lag, hit detection, game crashes, I detest the assignment system and why can they not balance the servers out, I'm constantly seeing games where it's 26 v's 18 and then 27, 28, 29 and then maybe 30 v's 19. It gets boring pretty quickly when you're either wrecking the other side or getting wrecked yourself round after round.
  • KrullBorg
    edited September 10
    KrullBorg said:
    KrullBorg said:

right now... i cannot spawn... or if i spawn i'm without the weapon ROTFL ... and i cannot quit the game

i repaired and now i can spawn... and with a weapon, but... the list of servers change each time i press reload... often with only 2/3 servers... sometimes with more ... and i dont have any filter.. i dont know...

PS: first server i entered... blatant cheater found :(

PPS: unplayable.. cheaters and laggers are out of control
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2026 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg said:
    KrullBorg said:
    KrullBorg said:

i repaired and now i can spawn... and with a weapon, but... the list of servers change each time i press reload... often with only 2/3 servers... sometimes with more ... and i dont have any filter.. i dont know...

PS: first server i entered... blatant cheater found :(
    Reset you filter and then add "Slots: None" to see full filters.

As per cheaters, yeah there's that going around. I report a couple most days. Still, the playerbase is healthy enough to just immediately switch to another upon encountering one. Basically there are three groups of cheaters (I'm simplifying, but I feel this is still a useful categorisation):
    1. poor players turned top tier over night: trivial to detect based on combination of gameplay and statistics, most likely to get fairly quickly banned due to use of free cheats
    2. habitual rage or near rage cheaters: known guys plaguing certain game modes with tens of thousands of kills, you recognize them immediately but it takes forever to get them banned
    3. closet cheaters that mainly toggle soft-aimbot, perhaps wallhack: these are the hardest to confirm, but possible over time and enough pieces of evidence. Not common, currently I know only a small handful.
  • HugoPlayNow
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm one of the suckers who paid $80 for the premium version...been playing since Beta.  I still don't know what I got for the extra $20.  I play BFV for an hour...get bored and then....back to BF1 where I have a LOT of fun for at least 3 hours.

Why? BF1 has...
    Better maps
    Better weapons
    Better Vehicles
    Better game mechanics.

You can run, sprint AND charge!
    You can pay down more than two AP mines without the first one vanishing.
    Much better map layout that funnels action into hot spots.
    Tons of vehicles and stationary weapons...how nice to have some machine guns and cannons at the front of a flag!

I think CoD WW2 was a total **** and sold it 2 days later, so I am skeptical of the new CoD...but as of now I feel burned by BFV....so now there's no reward for brand loyalty and I am now forced to judge a game on it's own merit, regardless of the developer.  It seems you never know what you are going to get anymore.

I can't even sell BFV because in the beginning there was no hard copy...besides...who would want it...lol
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So long, casual ...
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, I might do the same at some point. Loved the game, really immersive, fun gameplay (though I know some people hated it), and was just overall enjoyable to play. I put a lot of time into it, even when I had nothing to unlock.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    791 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wonder if for Battlefield to succeed as a franchise separate games need to be released for the console and PC platforms. 

Battlefield 1 was the biggest hit in the series by quite a distance, I believe it sold 25 million. It's main detraction is that it saw a greater player drop off on PC, but I started playing BF1 well after the final DLC had dropped and the servers where packed on PS4 EU and NA and I read that BF1 retained a dedicated following on X-Box. 

Perhaps the more 'casual' approach is needed for console where I believe the most money is to be made. Whilst PC receive a smaller game more true to Battlefields past.
  • Wikstone
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I went back to bf3, still good game and fun to play. Looking forward for cod and HLL and WW3 to be finished.
  • g0merpile
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA said:
    Back to BF4 for me,  rented servers, real anti-cheat  and a balancer.

I'm with ya there. BF5 tops the worst game of the year
  • disposalist
    8505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if for Battlefield to succeed as a franchise separate games need to be released for the console and PC platforms. 

Battlefield 1 was the biggest hit in the series by quite a distance, I believe it sold 25 million. It's main detraction is that it saw a greater player drop off on PC, but I started playing BF1 well after the final DLC had dropped and the servers where packed on PS4 EU and NA and I read that BF1 retained a dedicated following on X-Box. 

Perhaps the more 'casual' approach is needed for console where I believe the most money is to be made. Whilst PC receive a smaller game more true to Battlefields past.
    There definitely needs to be different balancing for console and PC, but you seem to be conflating 'console' with 'casual'.  I'm a PC player and always have been (for FPS. I do own a console) and I love BF1.

What do you mean by more "true to Battlefields past"?  For me, BF means multi-discipline (vehicles and infantry), squad/team/coop/objectives-based warfare.  BF1 does that wonderfully.  Vehicles are powerful and fun, but totally counterable in multiple ways.  Infantry are powerful and fun, but well balanced too.  Coop play is always rewarded, but you can go your own way too, if you're good.

To me BF1 was almost perfectly appealing to both 'casual' and more dedicated players, console or PC.