So much for the 4.4 update

BtheReaper49
203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
The game plays worse now than it ever has in my opinion. I know a lot of it may have to do with the recent ping issue. Still the TTK matches up horribly with the TTD ( As in it takes 10 bullets to kill an enemy but you get killed in one or 2 shots with no time to react at all). This issue is what really makes the game unplayable for most people I think.
I must be a masochist because I'm only grinding through this latest ToW chapter to get the black outfit. Then I'm putting this down until COD comes out. This game doesn't have a prayer until they get these bugs fixed (if they ever do)

Comments

• aquadude79
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, it is much, MUCH worse after this update. Worst update yet, which is incredible given how absolutely terrible almost every aspect of BFV has gone.

Can you imagine if this was the first game in the series or for the studio? would be the end of both. if this wasn't part of such a storied and beloved franchise, it would have been dead months ago.

Get new leadership and devs on this franchise. There's $ here for you EA, just need people who can execute.
  • AssassinoX1
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Reading this thread was like going to an AA meeting to help remember I don't need that drink tonight. I haven't played since last week because it wasn't even worth doing the ToW anymore (been doing it every week since the beginning) but I didn't want to punish myself with the grind anymore just to get the rewards. This would be the first week I miss and i was tempted to go jump on and play. Thanks guys, you saved me a lot of aggravation! :-)
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the issue is far worse then people are noticing. I'm noticing deaths so out of sync from what the game is showing each individual player. Most of my deaths now aren't How did that guy see me? it's like Impossible from my position and the killers position that he was able to kill me. The Angles don't even make sense.

But it's not that players fault. I think honestly the game is so out of sync with players positions, animations,pings and more where we are in the game isn't really where we are at if that makes sense. Either that or the Kill Cam bug where it shows the wrong person that killed you is back.

All I know is it's got worse with every patch.

I've noticed this I think. I've been sniped a fair few times where either their aim was fantastic (possible) or they were peaking for much longer than they were visible to me.

I'm also getting occasional input/firing lag, the most extreme example was throwing a grenade and nothing happening only for it to eventually shoot out when I'd turned 180 degrees.

Some servers are worse than others. My regular ping was 30, now when it's 60 it plays okay but sometimes it's in the 80's and it's terrible.
  • Unimatrix08
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10
    I think the issue is far worse then people are noticing. I'm noticing deaths so out of sync from what the game is showing each individual player. Most of my deaths now aren't How did that guy see me? it's like Impossible from my position and the killers position that he was able to kill me. The Angles don't even make sense.

But it's not that players fault. I think honestly the game is so out of sync with players positions, animations,pings and more where we are in the game isn't really where we are at if that makes sense. Either that or the Kill Cam bug where it shows the wrong person that killed you is back.

Getting killed from weird angles, getting shot behind cover and dieing when I'm already behind cover.
    Seems like they are having some issues from previous titles.
    They fixed it back then, will they look into it this time too and fix it?
    It's becoming frustrating and I barely find the joy to play the game.
    Guess I need to get to my AA group one of these days. :D
    Post edited by Unimatrix08 on
  • CSO7777
    1136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 had pretty good netcode in general. But BF1 still had problems with people being able to peek out of cover, aim, shoot you and go back to cover, without you seeing them at all. But it seems like this is even worse in BFV. BF4's netcode is much worse than BF1 and the getting killed around corners / instadeaths are worse (even worse than BFV).

In BFV you often get killed/take damage from 'impossible angles' and around corners. But I often experience that shots/damage to enemies registers on my screen time after they went into cover (so it works both ways).

For me it seems like the game on screen is lagging behind the "real" game-play too often. The TTD-problem is this as well, it seems like (on your screen) they are looking away/not shooting but in reality they have already begun shooting at you.

But the problems go back to the older games, seems like Frostbite has some fundamental issues with "netcode". BF1 improved things from BF4, but in BFV things went backwards and it is almost as bad as BF4.
  • BtheReaper49
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

100% agree! Forgot about this issue but there have been countless timesI look at my screen and the Killcam shows my enemy lying prone waaaaay around some corner and I just can't fathom how they could have seen and killed me from their spot. Unfortunately the netcode is beyond wonky and it's clear that this game wasn't (and still isn't) ready for primetime.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TTK, TTD, Visibility, campers, bugs, lack of 3D spot, OP bipod guns, attrition, no teambalance, no sniper limit , **** vehicules mechanics,  too much animation, unearable footstep, netcode, no ping limit, no extreme mode ... That's why this games is not a real battlefield
  • theboyblair
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Weirdly at the weekend the game seemed to be perfectly responsive and fair, then yesterday it was back to being unable to get any kills with full mags whilst be killed almost instantly by any weapon, one shot style. Add to that the visuals are awful. I real step back from BF1 and simply visibility of players is a grind.
  • MrCamp121
    525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol i died from absolutely nothing earlier on fjell. Never had that happen before. On my own and "killed in action" just appears. Is this a new thing with 4.4?
  • JUJAMAKILL
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think that a lot of people don't realize that due to the downed animation and other factors, the kill cam isn't an 100% accurate representation of how you died. A lot of the time I suspect that the delay between when you actually died and the display of the kill cam footage is why some people seem too get killed by 'impossible' shots. It isn't an instant replay of where your killer was when they downed you, and it is entirely possible they have moved 5-10m, gone prone or stood up since they killed you, before the kill cam plays. This is why sometimes we are left wondering, how did they shoot me when there is a wall between us.

This is not to be confused with actually being shot around corners or behind cover, which is totally easy to observe. Just an observation that the kill cam isn't an accurate representation of the events leading to your death. 

• TFBisquit
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That’s correct. Killcam is bugged.
    I died too a couple of times, from nothing or just first spawn in a new round. Spawned on a burning tank, also new round first spawn.
    And got downed a couple of times by artillery fire, again new round first spawn.
    If I wouldn’t know better, I would think it’s all intentional to make people annoyed at the game. Cultivating bad energy sort of speak.
    Because, so much anger in this game, and so many things going bad or wrong.
    But, the patch in itself feels smooth to play, besides the networking issues.
  • ATWOLVERINE
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Ik have a clip of an enemy teabagging, before the tank even blows up. The desinc is absolutely crazy
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    791 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MrCamp121 said:
    Lol i died from absolutely nothing earlier on fjell. Never had that happen before. On my own and "killed in action" just appears. Is this a new thing with 4.4?
    Yeah the same things happened to me a few times on PS4 since 4.4 dropped 
  • digga11
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Keep trying bfv with every update.
    Last about a hour and turn it off.
  • BtheReaper49
    It literally might be in the worst state it's ever been in and this is almost ONE year after launch. I play on XBox and just about every game I get into has 50% (at least) of the pings at 150 or more. Instadeath everywhere, still getting killed behind good cover - especially from tank splash damage from across maps, etc. , enemies jump over walls and you're dead before they even hit the ground, and on and on. Pick any sort of weird, unimaginable death scenario and it's in this game. Pacific theatre isn't saving this big, steaming mess either...
  • Jedimaster5577
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I could care less about new content at this point. Just make the game playable! Latency, poor hit reg and server issues have ruined this game for me. I just want them to do the basics right. Additional content at this point will not overcome these issues
  • yamurbina
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    The netcode was unbearable today so i decided to make more hard drive space available for modern warfare beta!

Yeah me too. Today something changed that I was like ok this is enough. I’m looking for new games, thinking giving a chance to COD MW.
    Is a waste of space in my HDD having this big broken game, either I prefer to install a major big game, or a small, but fun unfinished game.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TTK, TTD, Visibility, campers, bugs, lack of 3D spot, OP bipod guns, attrition, no teambalance, no sniper limit , **** vehicules mechanics,  too much animation, unearable footstep, netcode, no ping limit, no extreme mode ... That's why this games is not a real battlefield
    You don't like the fast TTK, campers, no 3D spotting, and the poor visibility, but in the same breath you complain that there's no "extreme mode", which I assume is Hardcore Mode. Lol, way to send mixed messages there. No wonder DICE doesn't know how to improve their game when people are asking contradicting things.