DICE will not do anything about the assignments system?

A4senic
27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
The entire assigments system in this game is just a tragedy.

-We cannot select assignments during a round.

- The final assignments of some weapons are terrible, for example those of killing 10 enemies with headshots in target areas in one life or 20 in a round, these missions only serve to frustrate players and what they promote is camping a lot, because they have to stay alive.

- Another example is the assignment of killing 20 in an enemy beyond 50 meters in a round or 7 in a life with the s2-200, with the nerf of patch 4.4 to the recoil is impossible, when you want to compensate the recoil, you already ran out of bullets to kill a distant target.

- The missions that allow you to kill 20 in a round or 60 until you achieve it, is how all the master missions should be, it would take you longer but you can achieve it.

- On the other hand, the assignments 10 in a life or 20 in a round are an abomination because you depend a lot on the luck you have in a round, for example that the enemy does not protect his flanks in that round and allows you to flank, or that your team does not have the most flags for the round to last longer and you can make the assignment.

- This needs to be modified, and the sad thing here is DICE says nothing about this!

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At this point I don't think they're prepared, or able possibly, to change the assignments we got in the base game (like those horrible SAR/SLR headshot mastery assignments) and speaking personally I've just given up on those. I had hopes that they were designing assignments better with the newer guns but since the LS/26 and MAB 38 (seriously why didn't they actually fix the stage that most people complain about with 4.4?) they've taken a turn for the worse again in my opinion. However I still imagine that we might see the ability to change assignments mid-round being added at a later date (hopefully anyway).

If it helps you at all with the S2-200 I did that one defending on Devastation Breakthrough, by using single shot and bipoding on a rear windowsill and killing people pushing the doorway on A flag. Admittedly I haven't used the S2-200 since 4.4, so my method may be moot now, but in theory plonking it in to single shot and tap-tap-tapping at people might work OK still. 
  • Elephante33
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    honestly just wait for private servers and then set one up titled SNIPER ASSIGNMENTS ONLY and so on, and kick anyone being a ****. That way people can get what they want when the assignements are that stupid, because i agree, they really are silly
  • DaMutha1
    1211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Reported for future boosting
  • A4senic
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    At this point I don't think they're prepared, or able possibly, to change the assignments we got in the base game (like those horrible SAR/SLR headshot mastery assignments) and speaking personally I've just given up on those. I had hopes that they were designing assignments better with the newer guns but since the LS/26 and MAB 38 (seriously why didn't they actually fix the stage that most people complain about with 4.4?) they've taken a turn for the worse again in my opinion. However I still imagine that we might see the ability to change assignments mid-round being added at a later date (hopefully anyway).

If it helps you at all with the S2-200 I did that one defending on Devastation Breakthrough, by using single shot and bipoding on a rear windowsill and killing people pushing the doorway on A flag. Admittedly I haven't used the S2-200 since 4.4, so my method may be moot now, but in theory plonking it in to single shot and tap-tap-tapping at people might work OK still. 
    Yes, I did all the other assignments of the s2-200 easily before 4.4 but from the patch that weapon with only 30 bullets and losing the first 5 by the super-strong recoil your target at more than 50 meters realizes that you are shooting and they cover, before you can kill them.

I have all the support weapons with gold, almost all of the medics, and the semi autos, self loading and bolt action rifles have all assigments except for mastery 6, which is the assignment of the headshots.
  • Masqerader
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 said:
    Reported for future boosting

Because they cared before, they will care now.
  • ElliotLH
    8203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A4senic wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yes, I did all the other assignments of the s2-200 easily before 4.4 but from the patch that weapon with only 30 bullets and losing the first 5 by the super-strong recoil your target at more than 50 meters realizes that you are shooting and they cover, before you can kill them.
    I have all the support weapons with gold, almost all of the medics, and the semi autos, self loading and bolt action rifles have all assigments except for mastery 6, which is the assignment of the headshots.

That's why I'm thinking single shot is possobly the way to go as in my mind that will help with recoil management. On the other hand I probably really need to try it myself as I could very well be talking nonsense (again).

I'm very similar to you as I reached a point with the BAs, SARs and SLRs where I just can't progress them as I find the tasks pretty awful.

The worst thing the did was 'fix' the cumulative method.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They won't do a damn thing about it.
    Assignment system has been absolute garbage since the games release and people have been complaining ever since, including revenue generating Youtubers and streamers.

My guess is that it is a complicated issue and they can't do anything about it without changing some essential code in the game and they are probably afraid that it will break lots of other things if they do. Which it probably will. 
     And almost a year into the games release, I doubt they'll put too much effort into an attempt to fix a rapidly dying game, instead they'll probably redirect resources on their upcoming project.
    Let's be honest, BFV is a mess, there is no way in hell it will be a polished great product. It might actually be a good idea for the devs to simply jump the ship at this point.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE fixing the assignments will definately lead to about 100 more bugs in the game, guaranteed.
  • BrianLocal1
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoy doing assignments but 9 times out of 10 they make me play out of my squad and try solo ways to achieve them.
  • Draxonfly
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I tend to agree.
    Some assignments are fine, and just get done as you play the game. Some are just impossible and/or are not in the spirit of Battlefield.
    I absolutely hate that i cant chose ones between rounds and have to exit out to select new ones. 
  • Matty101yttam
    888 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The slr/sar headshots on objectives needs changing, headshot rego and lag just make this a pita to get.
    Also the karabin 25 hipfire kills in a round is fairly nuts as well.
    MP34 while not so much the assignment but the weapon in general under performs in all regards making it's assignments a little harder than standard medic weapons.
    Everything else i've found is fine so far.
  • DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The slr/sar headshots on objectives needs changing, headshot rego and lag just make this a pita to get.
    Also the karabin 25 hipfire kills in a round is fairly nuts as well.
    MP34 while not so much the assignment but the weapon in general under performs in all regards making it's assignments a little harder than standard medic weapons.
    Everything else i've found is fine so far.
    Many of us have been saying this for a year regarding SAR/SLR final masteries. The 25 karabin hipfire is horrible. The gun is not a hipfire weapon. The only people i've found that completed this was console players. DICE has done nothing. NOTHING! They even explicitly asked for our feedback about these assignments months ago and then proceeded to ignore it and make no changes to SAR/SLR masteries, nor make changes to allow us to change assignments in the game. They couldn't even be bothered to have it automatically progress to the next tier of assignment. Absolute disregard for the community sentiment regarding these issues.

• barnesalmighty2
    1479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I refuse to participate in assignments until the stop the lag spike everytime they track an action.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A4senic said:
    The entire assigments system in this game is just a tragedy.

-We cannot select assignments during a round.

- The final assignments of some weapons are terrible, for example those of killing 10 enemies with headshots in target areas in one life or 20 in a round, these missions only serve to frustrate players and what they promote is camping a lot, because they have to stay alive.

- Another example is the assignment of killing 20 in an enemy beyond 50 meters in a round or 7 in a life with the s2-200, with the nerf of patch 4.4 to the recoil is impossible, when you want to compensate the recoil, you already ran out of bullets to kill a distant target.

- The missions that allow you to kill 20 in a round or 60 until you achieve it, is how all the master missions should be, it would take you longer but you can achieve it.

- On the other hand, the assignments 10 in a life or 20 in a round are an abomination because you depend a lot on the luck you have in a round, for example that the enemy does not protect his flanks in that round and allows you to flank, or that your team does not have the most flags for the round to last longer and you can make the assignment.

- This needs to be modified, and the sad thing here is DICE says nothing about this!
    Agree the assignments need an overhaul. I actually gave up on assignments and have deselected all of them - enjoying the game more without them - which says it all.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Speaking of assignments, did they change the Medic ones? I started working on getting my SMGs to the final mastery assignment since the buff (I actually had fun using SMGs yesterday, wow!) and noticed the final assignment for my EMP Was worded differently. I believe it was specifically "hipfire kills while attacking objectives" before but it's "in objective areas" now instead. No change to the amount required though.
    Am I just making it up, or did they actually slightly modify it? I can't check anything else at all of course, such as SLRs, LMGs and so on since I've already done those. I did check SARs (since that's the other ones I have left) and no change to them. If they made SAR Assignments work similar to the SLRs (aka not require me to be in the objective area) they'd be like five times easier.
  • TFBisquit
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nah, I believe it already was in the objective area. Same for final assault weapons. 10 in a life or 20 in a round, in the objective area.
    As for fixing, they just have to undo their fix with the cumulative third option. Nothing hard about that.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    Nah, I believe it already was in the objective area. Same for final assault weapons. 10 in a life or 20 in a round, in the objective area.
    As for fixing, they just have to undo their fix with the cumulative third option. Nothing hard about that.
    I could've sworn it was attacking beforehand, but oh well. Maybe I'm just going mad that I have to work through "attacking objectives" assignments for every SMG Currently and Breakthrough is really beginning to grate on me.
  • ElliotLH
    TFBisquit said:
    I could've sworn it was attacking beforehand, but oh well. Maybe I'm just going mad that I have to work through "attacking objectives" assignments for every SMG Currently and Breakthrough is really beginning to grate on me.
    Can't find the final EMP mastery with a super-quick search but the MP40, Suomi and Sten all seem to mention objective areas on their own, so presumably the EMP would be the same. 
  • TFBisquit
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I believe it's either the final proficiency or the one before final mastery that asks for attacking the objective.
    Even so, maps that are suited for smg's have weird objective borders, so you can stand there eyeballing your flag, while being just outside of it.
  • Amgtree
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a joke that assignments are not universally tracked. When I played I avoided use any class and weapon I wasn't tracking. If I wanted to switch to something more enjoyable midgame the game pressured me not to. I ended up just using one gun the whole time because it was the only gun being tracked.

Sounds stupid but this was a big reason why I uninstalled.