This Week in Battlefield V

"It's time to end the MMG bipod meta" said Westie

Comments

• NLBartmaN
    3303 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People need to stop hyping Modern Warfare to this god like status! So far it looks like a slightly expanded arena shooter. Not a sandbox 
    When a company releases a close to flawless Alpha, with accurate and fun gunplay, working netcode, sweet movement and fun gameplay and compare that to the state of BF V ... you can't do nothing else then share that with everyone, so they know there is something better for them out there.

And yeah, the alpha was only 4 players and small maps, but still, it felt so good.
  • Trokey66
    8361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    When a company releases a close to flawless Alpha, with accurate and fun gunplay, working netcode, sweet movement and fun gameplay and compare that to the state of BF V ... you can't do nothing else then share that with everyone, so they know there is something better for them out there.

And yeah, the alpha was only 4 players and small maps, but still, it felt so good.

If you like only 4 players and small maps.....
  • NLBartmaN
    3303 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    (Quote)

Even on 16 player gamemodes and small maps BF V feels ten time worse ... 

CoD Beta will release within 2 weeks, will surely give it a try, lets hope it plays just as good on 20 vs 20 and bigger maps or even on 50 vs 50.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    814 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Trokey66 said:
    (Quote)

I really like shooting other players and having the bullets do damage. I also prefer not to receive all my opponents bullets in one super hit.

On our way to the 10 month mark and this is still a massive issue on PS4 that the Dice dev's don't seem able to fix or even realise.

The current AP mine change is the perfect example. Louder activation noise when I could already hear it, hit the deck well in time and still take full damage because players are that out of sync with the game. 

I mean MW has to fail pretty hard to be worse than this and it has to remain naff for 10 months straight to hold a candle to V.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6777 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    (Quote)

That's only one gamemode. There's 5 million others. Also, I didn't think Id like cartoony games then I tried Overwatch and loved it.
  • Trokey66
    8361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I really like shooting other players and having the bullets do damage. I also prefer not to receive all my opponents bullets in one super hit.

On our way to the 10 month mark and this is still a massive issue on PS4 that the Dice dev's don't seem able to fix or even realise.

The current AP mine change is the perfect example. Louder activation noise when I could already hear it, hit the deck well in time and still take full damage because players are that out of sync with the game. 

I mean MW has to fail pretty hard to be worse than this and it has to remain naff for 10 months straight to hold a candle to V.

Didn't say BFV was good though did I?
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    (Quote)

That's only one gamemode. There's 5 million others. Also, I didn't think Id like cartoony games then I tried Overwatch and loved it.

I've been playing that too for the last few days it's a lot of fun. Still ill have my xbox by the end of the week and I'm looking forward to playing sea of thieves.
  • Bamsmacked
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel like the MMG meta wouldn't be as unpleasant if visibility was better. 
  • SirTerrible
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It'd still be a lame mechanic imo but yeah, being able to actually see them quickly when checking out an area would reduce the frustration by a lot.
  • H311bane
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

MMG right now are bad, no scopes on them its really hard to see anything at all and it also forces you to camp since you cant move at all. I played a few hours 40+ with MMG and compared to a bren gun..... the bren gun is a lot better to use. MMG was supppose to be use for supression and in this game supression dose not exist at all, snipers can just turn around and head shot you even thou bullets are flying right next to their heads.

My recommended fix is, they can use  mmg sights when crouch with plenty of recoil disadvantage, like after shooting 10 bullets it would just spread too much to  even make a kill. Prone position is the only position that should allow full burst until wepon heats up and with plenty of accuracy when bipod is deployed. Using windows and edges standing it should have more recoil and bipod shouldn't even need to be deploy since you can lay the weapon on the edge of window. (instant hipfire accuracy increase and sighted).

In real life i am sure you can use the sight if you are crouch for MMG since you can use your knee to support the weight. Also if support is carrying a lot of stuff they should increase armor/health due to all the metal stuff they have on and box etc, and make movement slower. Supporters should have a tripod for their MMG and they should be able to install anywhere, in the game they should have that and add a delay for installing.

I have so many ideas to make this game fun, i cant believe DICE cant figure stuff like that.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 11
    I guess Westie is getting his own way when the MMG's get changed in patch 4.6.

But why should we listen to this guy? This guy said this on Youtube comments about patch 4.4.

"The 4.4 patch didn't break anything... it made the game better! Hands down best patch for Battlefield 5 in the last 6 months... DICE did a good job 🙌"

I rest my case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L23C_jImeo
  • GeneralXIV
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    At least the MMG problems could give birth to a fun game...

Spot the MMG user?

Somewhere in the above image (captured directly from a recording on PS4, unedited In every way) is someone with an MMG aiming directly at me. They kill me about 0.1 seconds after this image was captured. Can you find them? 10 points will be awarded! :P 
  • OskooI_007
    771 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This kind of looks like someone laying on their back.

image-2019-09-12-21-35.png
  • bran1986
    5689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »

Yeah I think that's him but it looks like a rock from that distance.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell is nasty for visibility with players blending in to the rocks. I can't see anyone in that screenshot!
  • GeneralXIV
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

10 points! Yay! :)

bran1986 wrote: »
    Yeah I think that's him but it looks like a rock from that distance.

Can confirm. I never saw him whatsoever :P Battlefield V has a strange blurry effect as you move and I think that's part of the issue. But yup, I thought they were a rock. Ill search for more images and/or wait until I'm killed by an MMG user again and we can have another round! :P
  • OskooI_007
    Maybe it was the active camo bug.
  • Cerben1
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    so if it was an medic or an assault it wold be all good as its the support player whit mmg that is the problem not that visibility.  and its good if its an recon whit an spamy semi or one hit wonder gun. and LMG is fine as well =p i think i gett killed by far by medics on there backs more then any thing but i think if they are happy to play that way let them 
  • OskooI_007
    I hope DICE gets rid of the back floppers in Bad Company 3. It's horrible for visibility and honestly who lays on their back in a war zone.
  • bran1986
    5689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope DICE gets rid of the back floppers in Bad Company 3. It's horrible for visibility and honestly who lays on their back in a war zone.

And tries to balance a heavy machine gun off of their nuts and can keep their aim to laser someone out to 100 meters.