Weekly Debrief

I don't look forward to next week,

Desyatnik_Pansy
1413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
one of the objectives is "Deploy smoke 20 Times". This can't be good, I'm already having enough fun as it is with the smoke barrage thing. I wish people understood you don't have to deploy it directly on top of us, especially when trying to attack a point. Instead you can put more towards the enemy to obscure their vision of an allied attack, rather than the other way around. Just y'know, I do like to see the enemy in front of me to be able to kill him rather than being unaware of him until he's in my face. 

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any idea if it's the smoke barrage or smoke grenades?
  • AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure it's just smoke grenades just like the regular assignments call for. They would specifically state "reinforcement" smoke or something if otherwise.
  • ElliotLH
    8392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yer you're more than likely right about that. That'll be super easy to cheese at least :D
  • zterrans
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You'd think about the tenth time those squad leaders charged blindly out of the smoke and into accurate fire, they'd grasp how to employ it.

But I think it is smoke grenades coming up.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Any idea if it's the smoke barrage or smoke grenades?
    Oh it's definitely just smoke grenades/grenade launcher. I was joking though about how poorly people have been using smoke barrages this week, deploying them on top of the team so basically you can't see the enemy at all and to advance on them means to run out of the smoke into waiting guns. Kinda unhelpful, especially when you're supposed to be attacking. People as Medics have popped smoke terribly for forever though. 
  • TheyHaveScissors
    700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 11
    one of the objectives is "Deploy smoke 20 Times". This can't be good, I'm already having enough fun as it is with the smoke barrage thing. I wish people understood you don't have to deploy it directly on top of us, especially when trying to attack a point. Instead you can put more towards the enemy to obscure their vision of an allied attack, rather than the other way around. Just y'know, I do like to see the enemy in front of me to be able to kill him rather than being unaware of him until he's in my face. 

Well, you have a game where the players RARELY build cover on places where it really works well (like G and C flag foxpits on Hamada). These are the same players that not often use coverpoints, but instead run from flag to flag without a thought.

It will be funny to see them using smoke in a high frequency. Tactical know-how is near to zero with many players. Some will see the light and get a tactical POV on the game. That's my hope on this assignment.
  • ElliotLH
    (Quote)
    Oh it's definitely just smoke grenades/grenade launcher. I was joking though about how poorly people have been using smoke barrages this week, deploying them on top of the team so basically you can't see the enemy at all and to advance on them means to run out of the smoke into waiting guns. Kinda unhelpful, especially when you're supposed to be attacking. People as Medics have popped smoke terribly for forever though. 

Haha yes there has been some truly atrocious smoke use this week.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    (Quote)

Haha yes there has been some truly atrocious smoke use this week.

It's one if the things I hate in bfv all the noobs have listened to you tubers and constantly spam smoke. Need to move 10 feet fire smoke, see people shooting at each other fire smoke, see a tank fire smoke.... I dislike it very much. Even for reviving I just kill the guy then revive. I hate smoke and for a game where a lot of people cry about visibility I see no reason to spam it so much.
  • bran1986
    5691 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I will probably deploy 20 smokes within 3 or 4 minutes of a conquest match lol.
  • Zavrix1
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh well once the cod beta which is said to be 32v32 you wont see as much smoke around here lol
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13065 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    one of the objectives is "Deploy smoke 20 Times". This can't be good
    It's going to be IMMENSELY easy to grind that part of the TOW
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    Oh nowhere did I state it was going to be hard. 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13065 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Just a lot of smoke comin' your way eh lol
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    Exactly.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Exactly.
    I don't think it'll be too bad,  Most medics throw smokes when reviving so I can imagine it'll complete that node pretty quickly during the normal course of gameplay.
  • Matty101yttam
    965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I absolutely HATE smoke, i'm constantly shot through it but i can't see anything, i'm much better off running around in the open, at least its purely down to you vs opponent.
    Most of the time it's friendly smoke too(tbh i have no problems with enemy smoke although hitmarkers and spots through smoke are a joke). Medics think they're being tactical and team oriented getting revives when often they are blocking the last kill to remove enemy from the area and make it clear anyhow, often that last guy then picks up all his fallen teammates under the cover of our own smoke and gives them another chance at the fight.
  • Noodlesocks
    2884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Going to be interesting. Already annoyed by how many medics throw down smoke on their own team just so they can get one revive off.
  • xKusagamix
    948 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I really dont know what's the fuss about deploying 20 smoke grenade anyway. I'll probably sitting next to the supply crate, equip both smoke grenade and smoke grenade launcher (as i always do), deploy 5 smokes each times, resupply and get it done in a few minutes.

Smoke if use correctly, it's as good as the Flare gun because it temporary remove 3D Spot.
  • elliott316
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its ok, you wont be able to see anyone not due to smoke but because tgey all playing modern warfare.